Help Needed! Arriving Morning Before Cruise-?????

ilovemky

DIS Veteran
This is probably answered here somewhere but I looked and could not find anything.

I have a dillema---Hubby and I are cruising the Western 5/25/02 cruise. We had planned on taking redeye from LAX which would arrive in Orlando at 6am on 5/25--that flight has however been permanently cancelled which leaves us with coming into Orlando on 5/24 (friday) at 11am--we need advice on where to spend the nite, what we could do that day without travelling too far since we will not have a car.

Please ANY AND ALL ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!

thanks

:)

Hey, we will be cruising with you on May 25,2002 and are in the same situation. With help from the wonderful people on this board, we have come up with some ideas. We fly from Nashville on Friday, with arrival around 3:00 p.m. We will rent a car from Avis at the airport so we will have transportation to Disneyquest (which our boys adore) for that afternoon/evening. We haven't decided on whether to stay at a Disney property or drive over to the Port that evening. Leaning on a Disney property so we can enjoy Disneyquest as long as possible. Either way, driving the rental to the Radisson Saturday morning--they have a turn in for the rental right on hotel property, and also have a shuttle to the Port. After the cruise, either taking the shuttle back to the hotel, renting a car for the day and turning it in at the airport, or buying Disney transfers for the return. Hope this helps.

we decided to check into the Swan Dolphin $99 rate, so that is where we are staying the night before our next cruise.

We are on that cruise too, and plan to arrive the night before, although not quite that early. You might want to try getting a cheap room in the Disney area via Priceline. I've seen the Ramada Inn Maingate go as cheap as $29, and they have a free shuttle to the parks. Personally, we'll be staying at the airport Fairfield because we'll probably get in around dinnertime...that way, we can get a good rest and leave bright and early for the ship.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

On our Halloween Cruise '01, we flew to Orlando and chose to arrive on Friday around 11. We used (re: Inkkognito recommendation) Happy Limousine Service. We arrived at the Radisson at Port Canaveral around 1PM. We signed up for the Shuttle service at check-in as the "Magic" shuttles are purely based on a first come, first serve sign up system. (Another tip from these boards). I think the shuttles started at 10 and run every 20 minutes. The first three shuttles were already taken by the time we arrived.

The room was lovely, we opted for the King - One Bedroom Whirlpool Suite at a great rate. We requested a room with a view of the Port. The Pool was huge and once we arrived we could just relax. We went next door to the little Italian restaurant for a superb dinner.

The most incredible thing for us was when we woke up on Saturday morning, it was just after the sun had come up. We looked out our bedroom window and there was the Magic, already in Port and all lit up. That was the start of a really stress-free, Magical day.

Although originally, DH was humoring me by arriving a day early, he agreed that it really turned out well and that on any future cruises, we will do the same thing. We had made our ressies in March but many DIS board members with Saturday flight arrivals had incredible difficulties with flight cancellations after 9/11 and we felt very blessed that we had a 24-hour built-in time cushion that could absorb any delays or changes.

Tons of options..... we like to fly in the day before just to make sure if we have problem , that day we could get out lATER OR NEXT MORNING SINCE WE DO NOT WANT TO MISS THE BOAT.
with weather in boston u never know.. to much risk flying out day of cruise ... what if it snow in Atlanta or some thing ???????
but any ways , go to www.mousesavers.com
to get cheap room in orlando..
as low as $35.00 per night
we go to either THE RADIson in Port Canveral or wdw and catch the bus... peter

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!