Help Needed - WDW Veterans BUT First Trip with Baby!

1. I had heard good things about the splash area at Riviera, but we are wide open on hotel choice (thinking something on the monorail might be best)? Something along the monorail is BEST but not mandatory. These ease of getting to the park without having to open/close a stroller is worth everything for us. I highly recommend the Polynesian, you can walk to the TTC and don't have to worry about transferring monorails when going to EPCOT.

2. What are some great touring plans and strategies and tips for going with baby? Alot of folks plan for going back to the hotel midday for naps/lunch. We never had to do that because our LO slept well in her stroller. The baby care centers (except for the one in MK) were nice and very helpful in avoiding midday burnout. Just remember that things will be different with a baby but you can still have a great time. We used mobile food ordering for the meals that we didn't do table service.

3. If given the choice, would you opt for the fall or winter? Whatever week has the lowest crowds. We love going in January.

4. How do you handle the logistics of getting all the baby stuff to the resort - diapers, etc.? We bought a small amount of diapers and one pack of wipes on our carry on. The rest diapers, wipes, fresh fruit, snacks we purchased got delivered to the resort via Garden Grocer or Amazon.

Appreciate this thread! My little guy is 7 months now and we plan on going just before he's 3, but I'm ready to plan now lol so reading this has been helpful. We have a Tushbaby, honestly we don't like it that much but we also haven't used it in public, maybe it'll be better when he's a little bigger?

Our LO was 3 mos exactly for her first trip then 16 mos for her 2nd. We flew Southwest so, free bags for us and she was a lap baby (also free). No crying but direct flights are best if you can get them. We used bottles and snacks during take-off & landing for ear pressure. We always take the very last seats in the back. When they are mobile, the race is on! I highly recommend a DVC 1,bedroom or higher. Many DVC bring bring you a high chair and/or mini crib (instead of pack ‘n’ play. Just request before arrival then ask at check-in

1. I had heard good things about the splash area at Riviera, but we are wide open on hotel choice (thinking something on the monorail might be best)?

We stayed at the Poly when our kids were small and not so small (last trip they were 17, 14 and 12). I wanted to do the BC on the trip before that (youngest was 7) and I am glad I didn’t as i would not of been able to see her in the pool. I am a Poly girl from the 70s so it’s always my first choice. The monorail to/from the parks with a stroller is a blessing! our 2 main parks are MK and Epcot so it worked for us. The kiddie area at the Poly was not there when we went in 2013 and they were too big for it in 2018 But I think they would of loved it.

2. What are some great touring plans and strategies and tips for going with baby?

My kids were early risers, now I have to wake them at about 10! But we were always out the door by 7 to get to the early entry park for the 8am opening. I know people avoid that but it worked for us. We would leave the park after we ate lunch. We all would nap! Then reshower (I go in the heat of summer) and head back to a park at around 5 until closing.

We also do breakfast in the room. I shipped 2002-2013 (not every year I think there were 4 trips)-breakfast foods, wipes, laundry detergent, diapers, snacks, zip lock bags, Paper bowls, plastic spoons. Before I shipped, I did a 2 week count of diapers and packed 3 extra days worth...yes over kill but you never know! So my DH and I shower in the am. Me first since I am up and ready but while he is showering I would wake up the kid(s) and start to feed them, get them dressed, fill up our double insulated water bottles...yes DH would still be getting ready!

I zip locked bagged my wipes, much easier then a container but this is going back a good 10-12 years and they make those easy smaller wipes things now. I used the table toppers (not sure if they make them still). I also brought a small cooler to the park as my oldest ate like a bird so I would put her leftovers in the cooler/zip lock bag and then heat them for her for lunch/dinner-we do mostly quick serve as it’s just easier for us.

Ride the rides, have fun, make sure she naps and a good nap to avoid the 8pm melt down. Yes all my kids stayed up for the night time shows, my oldest Was 15 mo, middle 22 mo ans youngest 2 1/2 for their first trips. Never a melt down as they had a good nap in a bed/crib in our room.

I bring less clothes and do laundry every other day. I plan non park days just to catch up on rest and we do a ADR that day if we desire.

3. If given the choice, would you opt for the fall or winter?

Fall, I am thinking it may be warmer but that is me. I can’t justify going to “sunny” FL and needing a coat.

4. How do you handle the logistics of getting all the baby stuff to the resort - diapers, etc.?

We shipped but in 2018, we rented a car for the day from the dolphin as we were at the BC and went to target near AK as there is a publix there too as a back up. I was going to do a Grocery delivery but what if they didn’t have what I wanted, I wanted to choose. We arrived early enough, 11am at the BC that we still had pool time and time to go to the store and our ADR. The cost of the rental would of been about the same as the grocery delivery, maybe about $20 more but in the end I bought all my toiletries, sunscreen, water, breakfast foods, snacks-especially for one kid who has some food allergies. We just did carry on bags For our flight.

When we brought our 1-year-old daughter we took the auto train from VA the FL. We absolutely loaded up the car with all the baby stuff we would need and were ready to go once we arrived! Cases of diapers, bottled water, formula, her giant stroller... you name it, we had it. Of course, this only applies if you live in the Northeast US, but it's a great alternative to flying and with discounts like AAA it didn't cost us a whole lot more than it would've had we flown. The only really tough part is the train ride is 18 hours. It is overnight so if you can manage to fall asleep you sleep through most of the journey.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter