HELP Ohana's or Whispering Cannon

ghcoughlin

Mouseketeer
Hi!Well we are putting the last minute touches on our restaurant choices.I can't believe we got CRT on the first try.Now for dinner it is down to Ohana's or Whispering Cannon.We are staying at WL so thought it would be convenient.But on the other hand have always wanted to try a restaurant at The Poly.DH and I will be there with DD 9 & DS 7.Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks Heidi

We just dined at both. Whispering Canyon Cafe is very different from Ohanas.
At WCC, it is loud and rambuncious with lots of entertainment from the servers. They get the kids involved when someone asks for ketchup. They had men dancing up at the front of the restaurant. DS2 enjoyed being able to build Lincoln Logs when he was finished with dinner. Ohana's is darker and quieter. They do have hula hoop contests and coconut races which the kids enjoyed.
Food wise, we prefer Ohana's hands down. Most of their selection is meat. Turkey, steak, pork. They have shrimp too. They had some chicken wings that were to really excellent. Our DS8 who is a picky eater could not get enough.
At Whispering Canyon, the food was good too. They had chicken, ribs (which we thought were tough). The best was the pulled pork. Our DS8 ended up ordering mac and cheese because he didn't like any of the other selections.
I don't think anyone could be disappointed with either because they are very different from each other. For our family though Ohana's will be in our plans next trip, WCC will not.
Enjoy whatever you decide!!

My preferrence is Ohana's but they both have their advantages.
I think you would enjoy either.
I like the food at Ohana's better and the atmosphere is nice. There are large windows that look out onto Seven Seas Lagoon.
WCC would probably be more fun for kids though.

'Ohana's is a lot of fun for the kids too. The coconut races, hula dancing etc.

Thanks everyone!!I am so torn.Maybe DH will be too and we can do both ;) The kids still don't know we're going in 30 days.We were there in Sept so we can hold off telling them a little longer.DD will be surprized with an early birthday celebration at CRT.Every trip is so different from the last.

Thanks again!
Heidi

PS Are the ribs at WWC similar to the ones at HDDR??We loved those.

Originally posted by ghcoughlin

PS Are the ribs at WWC similar to the ones at HDDR??We loved those.

Ribs are the same as HDDR. They are all smoked (cooked) together at FW and then divided between WCC and HDDR.

There is no competition in those choices... most definitely, and unequivocally 'Ohana! The food is wonderful, as is the service, and it is a lot of fun, without being loud and rowdy. We personally didn't care for WCC.. the food, the service, or the atmosphere.

Another vote for O'hana's. We really like the food at both but we do not like the atmosphere at WCC. Like the others said, it gets really loud and rambunctious. The waiters not only create a scene but they bring alot of attention to the patrons as well. Like my husband asked if they had toothpicks and they brought him a 3 foot toothpick yelling out about it the whole time. Some people enjoy that kind of humor. I personally don't like any attention brought to me or to my table. Ohana's on the other hand is quiet and relaxing. They do have things for the kids there as stated before. It is really cute and the kids love it. We go there every trip to WDW.

I'd go to Ohana's. I've never been there for dinner - but you are staying at WL and one of your goals is to check out the Poly.

We have eaten at WC. We didn't find the atmosphere overwhelming, and the food was good (although too much of it!), But you can really get most of the experience of WC by sitting next to it in the lobby, and ribs and steak are something easy to get a a dozen restaurants close to home. Besides, if you are staying at WL, chances aren't bad that you will end up at WC for one unplanned meal anyway! (Just call as soon as you have an inkling you might end up there).

Thanks everyone for all the advice!!Last night I called for PS at Ohana's.;) We will do WC for breakfast one day.The comments of WC being LOUD turned me off.All I could think of was our time at Chef Mickey's.I didn't care for that experience that much.
So thanks again we are looking foward to our quick winter get away in 32 days.

Heidi

For dinner, definitely 'Ohana. The food there is edible, and in fact quite yummy, unlike at WCC where I found the food to be just awful and with the food being so bad, the antics of the servers becomes annoying rather than fun. Breakfast at WCC is a much better bet though, especially the breakfast skillet.

-Pam

Another vote for Ohana! We've eaten at both and the WC was only mediocre. Ohana we love and visit every trip.

I didn't like the food at either. The atmosphere is great at both, ohana's you can look out at the pool and the lagoon. they had coconut races at ohanas and stick horse races at whispering canyon, the waiters at whispering canyon are great , loud and funny. the wilderness lodge is so cool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter