• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help planning a girls onlly trip to US/IOA

sha_lyn

If we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane
We received a free night at HRH for the problmes we had in April. DH doesn't want to go before it expires and has suggested I tkae my mother and sister for a weekend. I have a few questions for those in the "know"

1 When would be a good time to go weather and crowd wise (we can og anytime bfore April but I would like to do it by Dec.

2 Who has cheapest rates to fly, and wchich airprot to fly into. when idid a search I came up with 2 airports in orlando area.

3 how to get the best rate on room for the night or 2 we will be paying for

4 other than eating a Emerils what 3 ladies away from the men and kids can do for fun

The best time to go is in September (except for Labor Day weekend). The crowds are really low. I would also try the first two weeks of December.

As for best rates, check around on different websites. Usually, I find good rates on www.expedia.com and www.orbitz.com. The only airport in Orlando that handles commerical airlines is the Orlando International Airport (MCO). You can try to fly into the Tampa Airport (TPA), but you have to drive about an hour to Orlando.

The best room rates for HRH and PBH seem to come from the Entertainment book rate. You can also try different travel websites, like www.expedia.com, www.hoteldiscounts.com, or www.travelnow.com.

As for what to do for fun, what isn't fun at Universal? :)

Hey, Sha_lyn!

Lucky you!

Airtran usually has the best deals to Orlando. I get emails with their latest sales and they come up regularly. Register with them at www.airtran.com

I agree with Barry about September. I found it to be a great time to go. I went the Saturday before Labor day and the day after it looked like someone had vacuumed Orlando of people!

Didja consider coming down during the DIS CON so you can meet up with some crazy people???? Especially since you missed the Atlanta meet... :(

Let us know what you decide.

Lucky you!!

The first week of November is also a good week to go. This year will be our 3rd trip during that time!

DH + I went solo last year and enjoyed sitting outside in front of Confisco's (POE, IOA) sipping a "Confisco's Creation", mmmm.

You also might consider getting a spa treatment at PBH, (very pricey! I didn't do this, lol)

It's fun to go through the shops at Citywalk. DH and I did that one night and we are not recreational shoppers.

I think you'll find it a much different trip w/o kids!

Hey, renee!

The DIS CON is the last week in November! I'll miss most of it but I will be there 11/30 - 12/4.

I don't know if I can wait until the end of Nov. I need a break now. LOL:confused: :confused: :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter