~HELP~ Planning is taking over my days/nights

disneylandette

Mouseketeer
I am planning a trip to Disneyland around the last two weeks in May. I am driving myself CRAZY on trying to get the best deals (but not going real cheap) between airfare, renting a car, & hotel. Here is a brake down. It will be my husband, 4 (almost 5 in June) son, & me coming from Seattle. I am looking for a off site hotel (close to walk) around $100-$150ish a night but in decent condition (learned my lesson in Florida, husband & I pre cruise) a breakfast would be nice but not necessary. We plan on doing Disneyland like 2-3 days then driving down to San Diego to visit family for part of the trip and drive back up to fly out. Any suggestion would help :confused3

Best Western Park Place Inn (BWPPI) is the second closest hotel to the parks (first being Disney's Grand Californian $$$$), and is usually around that price range. It has a small breakfast. Nothing special but it works.

Park Vue Inn is also right next door to BWPPI. It tends to be a bit more expensive but I've heard it has a slightly better breakfast. I've never stayed there but it looks fine and gets decent reviews.

Some people find good packages from Alaskan, also look at flights with Allegiant and SW.

To keep the hotel cheap simply stay at DLR during weekdays.

For hotel/motel:

You can search expedia.com; for the city enter: disneyland anaheim california.

For weekdays in late May:

$119 Anaheim Camelot Inn & Suites

$129 Best Western Park Place Inn (BWPPI)

$119 Park Vue Inn

$109 Tropicana Inn & Suites

I think there's also a 15% lodging tax.

I'm pretty sure the above include some type of breakfast with cereal, juice, coffee, fruit, etc.

The above hotels/motels are just a 5 or 6 minute walk to the entrance.

Hope this helps. :earsboy:

Thanks for the feed back. I was looking at HoJo just now...any feed back? I look into Park Vue Inn & Candy Can Inn. I like the though/look of an actual hotel feel but like the thought of being right by the park!?!?

Hojo maybe. The kids will like the pool, but are you going to have enough time to make good use of it?

At Park Vue Inn, they have a social dinner the food is simple and usually very kid appropiate. You also get breakfast and some waters and snacks if you stop by the lobby.

we got flights and hotel (Castle Inn,you can see Tower of Terror from that hotel...) for 7 nights for $450 per person...

we used bookit.com

they dont offer breakfast, but with a little fridge and shops close by you can make breakfast work in the room

Out of all the places we have stayed across the street, we like Hojos the best. It is most like a real "hotel", rather than a motel. We did not like the BWPPI. CCI was a clean little motel, but very old school.

If you want to get a better deal at Hojos, there are some coupon codes out there. When booking online, just put in the coupon code area one of theses:

LKYE
LKMC

There are others as well. If you have an Annual Pass, then the code is:

LNAP

Thanks for the feed back. I was looking at HoJo just now...any feed back? I look into Park Vue Inn & Candy Can Inn. I like the though/look of an actual hotel feel but like the thought of being right by the park!?!?
Hojo and the Candy Cane Inn (CCI) both get consistently good reviews.

They’re both a 10 minute walk to the entrance.

The CCI has a dedicated shuttle and some type of breakfast, but the CCI tends to be more expensive than the Hojo.

Here’s a good thread about the CCI:

Candy Cane Inn Review with Pictures
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2532780

We love HoJo *and I'm spoiled by the retro rate - as low as $59, if you're willing to spend up to $150 you can easily do that at HoJo *I'm not willing, when we visit DLR, except for the occassional 1-2 night splurge at a DLR hotel *I try not to spend more than $200 per night at one of those 3 hotels*
We really like that the doors at HoJo open to a hall not a parking lot, the walk is easy *I highly suggest a stroller for your DS no matter where you stay *DD hated strollers and at home was done with them by 2, but she happily strolled at Disney until our most recent visit *last Thanksgiving - so Thanksgiving 2010 *she was 7 & a 1/2* was her last stroller visit at DLR.

Just looked and HoJo is booking up...eeek! I was also looking into Carousel Inn, anybody stay there? It dawned on me last night that my Entertainment book has deals!! While my family was sleeping I was Disneyland planning :surfweb:

HoJo's with an Entertainment card is 15% off, even if you can't get the really low retro rates...you can book that rate without the card but have to have the card when you check in. We're going in early June with a 2-queen premium disney view room for just a very few dollars more a night than a 2-queen room with a AAA discount at Candy Cane Inn (where we've stayed before and liked, but the Disney view and a cooler pool for the 3-year old we're bringing gave HoJo's the edge this time).

I have been looking at airfare from Seattle to SNA or LGB and have been driving my self crazy. We are not going to August, luckily we already booked our hotel and got our DL tickets. Right now it looks like Jet Blue is the cheepest flying out of Portland, all the Seattle flight are so expensive still. Try Jet Blue right now they look to be about 100-120 one way (which is good)!:cool1: Once you get that booked there should be some relief!

Lol, so today sense Ho Jo is booked I looked at Carousel Inn, Park Vue Inn, Hotel Menage, & Ramada main gate. I have read reviews on all with pros and cons....what is everyone's take? As far as DL tickets looks like Safeway is doing the 3 day park hopper deal and I need airfare...UGH! I am bound and determine to get my family there for mt son 5th birthday!!!

I can empathize.. I love planning and can get obsessed over the planning and money saving details. :)

This next trip we are staying at the Motel 6 at $59 a night which are pretty standard rates year round. It was a no-brainer for us. We don't have the needs of children to consider when we go and we don't mind sacrificing a lot of amenities in exchange for opportunities to go to DLR more often.

I really like the Ramada Main Gate.

SUPER close to DL. Much closer than HoJos. We got a rate of $89/night. That includes parking (no charge) and a continental breakfast. The breakfast isn't anything spectacular, but it's perfect to start the day before headin' on a bunch of rides! The rooms weren't flashy, but very clean and comfortable.

The staff is extremely nice, too. :thumbsup2

Lol, so today sense Ho Jo is booked I looked at Carousel Inn, Park Vue Inn, Hotel Menage, & Ramada main gate. I have read reviews on all with pros and cons....what is everyone's take? As far as DL tickets looks like Safeway is doing the 3 day park hopper deal and I need airfare...UGH! I am bound and determine to get my family there for mt son 5th birthday!!!

Out of those, I think I would pick either the Park Vue Inn or Carousel Inn. The Hotel Menage is more of an "adult" type place, and you would need to take the bus to get to the parks. Both the Park Vue and Carousel Inn are right at the cross walk to get into the parks--very close access.

I actually don't know much about the Ramada Main gate, though. It may be just as good as the others.

We have stayed at both the Ramada Maingate and the Park Vue in the last 2years. We liked them both. As a matter of fact, I just asked my husband which one he would prefer and he said either. The Ramada rooms are more roomy, which I appreciated but the Park Vue has a better breakfast - more appointed - as well as the breakfast room is much roomier and easier to manage. The new pool at the Ramada may be of more interest to you as it is geared more towards younger as well as older kids where as the Park Vue has a basic deep pool. Even though they are only a few minutes a part, after a LONG day at the parks, I really did appreciate the shorter walk to the Park Vue. We found staff, cleanliness etc. to be comparable to each other. On our next trip we will book at either the Ramada or Park Vue dependant upon price. Have a magical trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter