Help please with DLP shares form

bubblefactory

DIS Veteran
I've just received a form telling me all about the shares being delisted from London stock exchange but I don't know which option to choose.

Option 1 receive shares in bearer form

or

Option 2 receive shares in registered form.

I only bought the shares to get shareholders discount so I'm not after investment advice just which is the best/easiest way to hold the shares so I can renew my membership when the time comes with least hassle.

Option 2 costs £23.50 but I'm not worried about the fee if it's the best way.

Any advice welcome !

TIA

Alec

I chose option 2 and paid the 23.50, I Think option 1 is if you want a company to hold the share on your behalf as part of a bigger investent plan- I Think?????

Option 2 is where you get the actuall share certificates yourself- just like you have now, i think anyway :flower:

That's how I understood it, Gavvy. I have done option 2 as well. :)

Funny that, I was thinking of posting a similar thread this morning to find out what everyone else was doing!

I think option one is if you want your bank (or sharedealer or whatever) to own the shares for you. Trouble is, quite a lot of people's banks (mine included) will not trade 'foreign' shares, so you'd have to find someone who will and that will probably end up costing you in the long run (in terms of fees etc.)

By taking option two it looks like you'll still keep everything in your name, but instead of receiving stuff from Computershare in Bristol, it'll now be from Credit Agricole. You have to pay this upfront fee to change over, but that should be all.

I'm plumping for option two like everyone else.

My only question is what does the form mean by "Bank Account Details (IBAN)"? What do they want - account number, sort code, both? And also why would they need this - if I already own the shares and am giving them a cheque, what do they need this info for? Perhaps I'm reading too much into it...

Steve rob, the IBAN number will be on your bank statement. I think they need that in case they ever decide to pay dividends :rolleyes1 which will then be credited straight into your bank account.;)

Who did you all get to witness your form - was it someone official [ jp, gp etc] or did you just get a neighbour? I haven't sent mine back yet, as I wasn't sure!

Kaye

I was wondering that at 1st but I have gone with option 2 as well

Nikki

Ware Bears said:
Steve rob, the IBAN number will be on your bank statement. I think they need that in case they ever decide to pay dividends :rolleyes1 which will then be credited straight into your bank account.;)
Ah, I've found it now. Thanks - I'd never have looked for it there!

Dividends? They make these shares sound like they're meant to be some sort of investment or something! If DLP ever does turn a profit, I'd just be happy with them adding a little extra onto the discount!

::MinnieMo Hi All I'm planning to vist DLP a number of times in the near future as I have 'trained' my two year old dauhter into a disney fan like me :) I notice you are all talking about transferring shares but does anyone know how to go about buying them now :confused3 I'd be glad of any input :wave2:

You need to contact a company that is able to trade on the french market.

I have recently purchased some through Squaregain (www.squaregain.co.uk). You need to set up an account whith them either by telephone or online and then contact them be phone to arrange the purchase. They then buy the shares for you and send confirmation almost straight away that you are a shareholder. This cionfirmation is acceptable as proof to Euro Disney when submitting the application form for memebrship.

Its as simple as that but if you need anymore info please send me a PM.

Young Pooh

::MinnieMo Having looked at the literature to join shareholders club it looks like i'm too late . They ned 6 weeks to proces and send card and i only have 5 weeks to go :guilty:

I might look into it before going away again. :earboy2:

Have many people used shareholders club to book accomodation/buy tickets. Does it work out beter than getting a 4 for 3 offer for instance ?

Angela :wave2:

::MinnieMo Where did you guys work out price of annual pass i can't find it on DLP official website :wave2:

Hi Angela :wave:
There is info regarding the annual passes here http://www.dlp.info/HintsInfos/AnnualPassports.htm

I am going to buy 5 Dream passes so I will get a discount of 25% for buying 5, plus I can use my shareholder discount of 15% so they will work out at 101 euro each. Definitely very good value for us as we are going again at Christmas and most likely next year.

Haven't used shareholders club to book accommodation as we are staying at the Explorers, so can't help you there I'm afraid.

Any more questions fire away, someone is bound to be able to help you. :)

:wave2: ::MinnieMo Hi All

I'm still investigating the possibilities for future trips once i join the shareholders club. Forms ready to go tomorrow. Thanks to Young Pooh for help ! : :chat: :hug: :worship:
You all seem to be buying annual passes so how does that work with accomodation . When we booked this time I don't remember there being a choice of room only at the Disney resorts. I've noticed on the Euro disney site and annual passports info on this site (for the dream pass)that you can only get discount for two nights. Does that also mean you can only book two nights or am i reading too much into this. :confused3 :badpc:

On another thread What offsite hotels would people recommend ? :moped:

Thanks All - for all your help and patience so far ..
Angela :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter