Help! Portofino Bay, Universal, all new to me!

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
My husband and I are planning to do WDW for new year's eve like we always do, but we were thinking of spending the first night of our vacation at universal studios instead and getting a two day pass.

I currently have 12/28-12/29 booked at the portafino bay hotel with a AAA discount it's $269. I know this isn't really a great rate, but given the time of year and the fact that it's only one night it also doesn't sound TERRIBLE to me. Should I be on the lookout for a better rate? How and where?

Also, can someone explain how the front of the line thing works? If we check in EARLY on the 28th, do we have front of the line for the 28th AND the 29th? What do you do to get to the front of the line?

I'm sooooooo confused and clueless, but will attempt to read more now!

Lisa

Awww, Lisa... we were ALL clueless once!

First of all, welcome! :wave:

The rate sounds a bit high to me, but I'm CHEAP... I agree that it is a holiday and it may be hard to get a lower rate but I'd call 1-888-UESCAPE and ask, no BEG, for the lowest rate available. Ask for the Entertainment rate or the Loews Card rate. If they are applicable, go get an Entertainment book at www.entertainment.com and the loews card (free) from www.loewshotels.com

Yes, you can use your Universal Express access on both days, check in day and check out day, till the park closes. It's not called FOTL anymore, because you flash your key and you're sent to the Univ Express line, which cuts your wait to about 0 to 10 minutes. It's the ultimate perk.

I'm sure you'll get some incredible advice here. This is the place because the people with the know log in here all the time.

Have fun!

You can use your FOTL from the minute you check in until midnight (or park closing) the day you check out.

I tell you what...if you want a great new years eve, you should spend those nights at Universal...City Walk has the best New Years Eve Party...you won't regret it!

and when you head for a ride, have your key ready, find the ride attendent, show him/her the key and ask if the EXPRESS line is open and where is it.
The reason for this is beacuse the park was not designed with EXPRESS in mind, in fact EXPRESS did not exist until after the park was built. The Express line is not always very visible, so ask. This way you get the correct info and the ride attendent feels they were of help.
If you ride SIDERMAN do not mention CPM told you to try it:D

LOL, MIB!

And excellent point! I've found that just walking up with the key showing causes the CM to just point you to where you should go. I've been doing it for so long now that I forgot how confusing it was the first time. What I really love is the LOOKS people give you when they see you get this special treatment. One man asked me "What's that card you're showing? An annual pass??"
:D

Originally posted by Robinrs
LOL, MIB!

And excellent point! I've found that just walking up with the key showing causes the CM to just point you to where you should go. I've been doing it for so long now that I forgot how confusing it was the first time. What I really love is the LOOKS people give you when they see you get this special treatment. One man asked me "What's that card you're showing? An annual pass??"
:D

kIND OF MAKES YOU FEEL 10 FEET, ER I MEAN 5 FEET 2 INCHES TALL DOESN'T IT!!! :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter