Help !!!! St. Thomas Pier to St. Johns, Trunk Bay (also DH John59)

shirley 38

DIS Veteran
:confused: :confused: :confused:

My DH (board handle John59) and I are doing the Eastern Cruise, starting 2/22. We did the Easten last April. Loved it.

We want to spend the day over at St. Johns, Trunk Bay to Snorkle and Snuba. We looked into DIZ Excursions. Not interested.

Does anyone know the fastest & easiest way to get from the Havensight Pier, where the Magic docks, to St. Johns and Trunk Bay and back.

There must be a ferry or something close to the pier.

John has maps (boy does he have maps). Taxies going to Redhook, horseback, walking, swimming, airplanes, riding dolphins, etc. etc.---He will have us in South America.

Your Ideas are welcome, Shirley & John
;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The following web site has the ferry schedules:
http://www.stjohnusvi.com/ferry.html

The ferries run really well. You may want to look at the two different routes, as one takes a lot longer than the other. We took the shorter ferry 7 years ago and it was really rough, so we were glad that it was so short. I do not get sea sick, but I still felt terrible on it. If I went again, I would take a longer taxi ride, to have a shorter ferry ride.

Good luck! You will love St. John!

This past November we took a 15 min. Taxi to Red Hook, then a 15-20 Ferry across to St. John, then a 10 min. Taxi to Trunk Bay. The same driver met us at Trunk Bay for the return. It was very easy but took about 1-1/2 hours end to end. We are planning to look in to the direct Ferry from the port to St. John in April.

We exited the ship and asked waiting cabs "WHO'S GOING TO RED HOOK?", a cab driver with an almost full van waved us over, and off we went! We took the ferry to St John where another large group of cabs waited. We Hired "Puff DADDY" to take us to Trunk Bay. Puff Daddy would not take any $ as he said his fare was "round trip" and asked what time we wanted to be picked up.He was there waiting and called a buddy to wait for us at Red Hook for the return trip. Sounds complicated but was really very easy. We did it with 2 kids and would do it again in a second!
AND Trunk Bay was one of the best places in the world I have ever been! (And I have been many places!!!)Bring about 25.00 per person for transportation and another 50.00 for food and beverages at the park. Credit cards are accepted for rental of snorkel gear and chairs...cash only for food/bev.

IT IS SO WORTH IT! HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!!

Hey Shirley! There are two ways to go to St. John. One way is right near the ship. Take a taxi to the closest ferry. This ferry takes longer to get to St.John but is more convenient. Check the ferry times for more details.

The other way is to take a taxi to Red Hook. This takes a little while by taxi and then you have to wait for a ferry at this port. (I think they run every half hour or hour.)

Either location has some shopping if you have to kill time.

When you get to St. John, there are taxis everywhere ready to take you to Trunk Bay. Whether you arrange round trip or not, you will be able to get another taxi back to St. John.

This way of visiting St. John is definitely cheaper than going through the ship.

They rent snorkel equipment, have a small store and sell food at Trunk Bay. It is a really beautiful (but not that large) beach. I've been there several times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter