Help! Storybook Kingdoms (Imperial Cities) or Once Upon a Fairytale??

anitapita

Earning My Ears
I was all set to book Prague, Vienna, and Salzburg this morning and my husband said he wants to do the Germany trip! Any opinions out there?? He travels to Germany for work, but has never been to Austria. Also I haven't found much info on the Austria trip. Advice? Anyone?

We returned from the Once Upon a Fairytale trip about two weeks ago. LOVED IT! We have already booked the Storybook Kingdoms for next year (October 4) and so did two other couples that we met on this journey. I cannot speak highly enough of the Germany trip. It was outstanding. We had a nice blend of tour time and alone time. The hotels/castle were wonderful as was the food.

I understand that they've made some adjustments to the Storybook Kingdoms trip next year to include a salt mine excursion and also reversed the itinerary. We are adding one day at the beginning of the trip for more time in Prague.

The Imperial Cities tour was fantastic. I went on this tour last month. It was a really nice time and very prettty. We did alot on the tour and i am still behind ont the trip report.:) I am going on the Germany tour next year.:goodvibes

Look for my review of Imperial Cities here on the Dis ABD forums:goodvibes

Thanks for your help! Did you think the Germany trip was too kid-oriented what with the storybook characters etc? I think we are leaving our little ones home this year. Also, was it too many castles?

We got back Monday from Once Upon a Fairytale-it was a mother daughter trip. My Mom is 78 and in good shape. She was tired at the end of everyday but did everything but the 12 miles bike ride and the interior of Neuschwanstein Castle because of all the stairs. It was a fantastic trip with 21 people which included 5 little girls. Lots of walking-cobblestones, beautiful fall colors, awesome guides-Steph and Tracy, great foods, excellent hotels. We went in a day early and stayed an extra day in Munich (my least favorite city-too big for me). Jet lag coming home has been bad-just feeling normal and I've been back 6 days. We enjoyed the fairytale characters and stories. I don't think it was too kid oriented. I think the adults enjoyed the trip more than the kids. Two of the girls were 5 and I felt that was a little too young although they did great-Dad's carried them alot. Don't hesitate if you are thinking of doing this trip-it was one of the best trips I've ever done-first one with ABD.

We were on an adults only tour that had 17 people on it. We made steadfast friends right away, and had a great time. Four other couples had already been on other ABD tours, and three of us couples have already booked to travel together next year.

I think the German trip lends itself to Disney a little more than others because of the obvious association that the Romantic Road and the Brothers Grimm fairytales has with so many Disney characters and stories. That said, I didn't feel that it was over done, and the castles were wonderful. I didn't feel as though we had too many castles at all. The balance between different cities and activities (bicycling and archery were both very fun!) made for a very nice trip.

I can send you a link to my photos if you want to share your e-mail address.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter