• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~help~suggestions~ On Where To Eat On Our Arrival Day????

FairyDust2008

DIS Veteran
We will be arriving by car to WDW around late afternoon/early evening and we want to go to dinner. We may arrive by check-in time so it could be a late lunch/early dinner type thing. Anyhow, we will be hungry because we will be saving up so we can go eat someplace "special" for our 1st night arriving at WDW. Where do you suggest would be a good place to go? We are staying at the Poly. I first thought Chef Mickey's but after listening to videos on youtube of visits there-*WOW* is it EVER noisy and alot of young kids. My kids are 9 and 11. The videos seemed to have very small kids who were very cranky and crying for the most part. This would make for a very rotten 1st arrival dinner impression, LOL:scared1: No offense to the very young crowd because we've been there and done that but never really went out a ton to places to eat with very small ones. We want to save Ohana's for later in our stay and we are going to do the Ohana's character breakfast the following morning before we head to MK for the 1st time. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated;) THANKS!

My sister and I like the Yachtmans Steakhouse for our first day. It is so nice there and she was 10 and will be 11 this year and when I asked her where should we plan to eat this year. Yachtmans was the first thing she said.

Sarah

If you're at the Poly why not Kona Cafe? Especially if you're tired you won't have to rush off to another resort or the parks and the food is lovely.

If you can get a reservation, Liberty Tree character dinner in MK would be a pretty cool first dinner!

We won't be attending any of the parks on our arrival day because of the time and all so a dinner someplace that isn't in one of the parks but rather at another resort or downtown disney. We wanted to save stuff at the Poly for later in our visit. We kind of wanted something with a *WOW* factor for our 1st night dinner at the World for me, hubby and our 2 kids, who are 9 and 11. Any other suggestions would be awesome-THANKS!

We stayed at Poly 2 weeks ago. We enjoyed both Kona and Ohana.

I say.....

Reservations at Ohana, followed by a swim and fireworks on the beach!

I have never been, but I hear a fun first night is Whispering Canyon.

I too am trying to decide on where to go for the first night... I am nervous to try WC because my kids may not like all the goings on there..the antics...

I have done 'Ohana and Liberty Tree last year as a first night, so, I am looking for different then those too.

Good Luck, what ever you do, I am sure it will be Magical!

If you're headed to Downtown Disney i'd advise checking out the House of Blues, they have amazing chicken strips which you may want to try due to the change with the Disney ones (HoB's are still great)! They have a ton of other options as well and with a great atmosphere.
Check out http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_hob.htm for a look at their menu :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter