• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help - there's suddenly 5 of us

DaddythePooh

Earning My Ears
Hi all
Been going to Disneyworld/Disneyland forever (at last count I've now officially spent nearly 300 days of my life wandering those wonderful parks). Now, though, with 3 kids, 12. 7 and 5, my days of booking a standard room and squashing the little guy into a crib are clearly over. Things have suddenly gotten a lot more complicated. We're all tentatively planning to visit Disney again in late October '03 - and I, of course want the impossible.
Here's where I start whining like a baby -
1) I'd always VASTLY prefer to stay either at one of the monorail resorts OR Wilderness Lodge.
2) I DON'T wanna have to book two rooms, or some fabulous suite that's gonna cost 600 - 800 dollars per night.

Is there ANY hope? PV? GF? WL? Loophole? Discount? Last year we squished into a CR wing-standard that was actually pretty nice, but I think there may be an age restriction on the "littlest kid" allowable.

Surely there's SOMEBODY out there who's as kid-loaded as me and who's found a way to have their cake and eat it too.

ANY and ALL tips will be greatly appreciated - CK

Hi-

Have you thought about renting points from a DVC member to stay in a 2 bedroom villa (sleeps 8) at Wilderness Lodge Villas? (Or becoming a member yourself??:cool: )

I looked in my member guidebook and you would need 282 points to stay in a 2 bedroom villa at WVL in October, 2003,which, if you rent the points at the going rate of $10 per point, would only cost you $2,820.00. For 7 nights, you can't beat the value and size compared to a regular hotel room If you aren't familiar with the DVC program, there are lots of places to check it out on the web, one of the better being the Disboards, for photos, info, etc.

Please feel free to email me with any questions and check out the DVC board and DVC rental board on the Disboards.

Happy Planning!!
Macnjac87@aol.com

Well,all the monorail resorts are capable of holding 5 people in a room (two queen beds and a day bed). If you can get a discount (when they become available), you'll pay less than $200 for CR wing again, or less than $250 for a room at the Poly if your dates are in the Value season. -HM

Hi, we are a family of 5 also. We belong to DVC and usually do a 1 bedroom there. In Feb. however we stayed in a room at the Poly. There is a full sized daybed which was fine for my 15 year old,very tall son! I am pretty sure the GF has these also. We were lucky enough to get a military discount (50%)but with an Ap discount you can usually get a good deal also!! Good Luck!! Joan:bounce:

Technically, if you go the DVC route, you will have to get a 2br because the one bedrooms only sleep 4-this is often a hot topic on the debate boards. So that wouldn't solve the problem of where the 5th person is going to sleep.

If you can get a room at one of the monorail resorts that sleeps 5 and then get a discount on top of that you'll do very well and it will probably cost you less than renting points.

If you're going to WDW every year, you might want to look into buying into DVC yourself. Your kids are only going to get bigger. 300 points would get you a 2 BR at WLV or BCV every October for a week (including this year). And the $2500 you would spend renting could be your down payment. Just my opinion. Diana

DaddyThePooh, We rented points last Oct. for a 2 bedroom villa at Beach Club Villas for $1250/5 weeknights. That was a good deal...I rented the points for $8/per and they generally go for $10 point. We had a great time with our fully equipped kitchen, washer dryer, jacuzzi tub, 2 bathrooms, DVD player and access to SAB!! There were 6 of us which included my mom, but when talking about our 2004 vacation, my DH still wants to go back to BCV even though the 5 of us can stay in one deluxe hotel room. He wants the second bathroom, the kitchen amenities and the space which can really be helpful when traveling with children!

Good luck in finding your perfect resort!

You can all stay at CR or the Poly for a monorail resort. You can have 5 ppl in those rooms--2 queens and a daybed. We stayed at the YC last Sept and our room was great--we were not overcrowed and the daybed was big and comfortable. Going in the off season you should be able to get a good discount. Either buy a season pass and use that discount or check Expedia. We booked thru them on our last family trip--room and UPH tickets. We got 40%-45% off rack rates for our room. If you book room only thru Expedia they usually show rack rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter