HELP.... Timing is EVERYTHING

DisneyBrat

DIS Veteran
I need to find out info for DECEMBER... Crowds and Weather mainly

Here is my delima(sp) I can stay at the contemporary for $102 per night tax included with Shades of Green. If I wait til January then I will have to stay at SOG newly renovated resort and would NOT have early entry privileges because Disney hasn't reinstated their EE for the newly renovated property :mad:

I can deal with NOT staying at Contemporary BUT if the crowds are about the same 12/5 - 12/21 We will go then and see the decorations(never been at Christmas b4).

Sooooooooo Please give me input for the first 2 weeks of December. I have been same time period for Jan and LOVED it.. NO CROWD and Weather was GREAT first week. Second was FREEZING cold but was still fun with NO CROWDS

Thanks for any help,
Lew

Every guide book I read said the weeks betweenT-giving and Christmas were some of the lightest. I went the beginning of December once, but it was 1991. It was true. The crowds were light, we walked on every ride except Dumbo (20 minutes there). Plus you have the beautiful Christmas decorations. When planning for our upcoming trip, we could have picked any time of year. We considered Fall for similar reasons, but even the DU agent encouraged me to go for Dec. due to lower crowds and Christmas atmosphere. Hope this helps.

I'd say that's a fairly good time to go. No humidity (usually) and the crowds are definately light. About a week before Christmas is when it will start to pick up, but you've got a week and a half in there where it will be pretty dead.

We went the first week of December, 2001. It was probably the most magical time we've been to Disney. Some extras that you won't get in January:
  • Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP)-at MK
  • Candelight Processional (CP)-at EPCOT
  • Osborne Family Light Show-at MGM

You'll also experience mild to cool weather, light crowds and shortened park hours. Make sure that you visit the different resorts and check out all their holiday decorations. GF has a HUGE gingerbread house and the tree in the lobby is phenominal. All the parks and characters are in their holiday finest as well. EPCOT has holiday storytellers from around the world in the WS. Given the choice between January or early December, I grab December in a heatbeat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter