Help!?? Two rooms at POP for 7 people, but what if two people leave early?

DisneyFive

When is the 3:00 parade?
I have a perplexing question. Well, at least for me :) Hopefully you can help me out.

We want to make use of the current promotion at POP that offers one free QS meal per day per person during this summer. I have a family of 5 so don't fit in one room at POP. My parents will also be going but don't want to stay as long as us. How do we make this happen?

Right now I have it booked like this:
Room Request: Connecting rooms
Room 1: Wife and I, DD16, DD14
Room 2: Mom and Dad and DS11.

My family of 5 plans to stay a full 10 nights. My parents only want to stay about 6 or 7 nights. If we get connecting rooms, can my parents just simply leave early? My son would technically be the only one in the room the way things are booked now. Would it be better to split my parents between our rooms? (though they would actually sleep together in one of the rooms, as would my wife and I)

Also, if we pay for 10 day tickets for all 7 of us, and pay for 10 nights of lodging for all 7 (even though my parents actually leave after 6 or 7 days, would we still have access to their extra dining entitlements that they left behind?)

Dan

Yes, you could use their dining credits or at least the one registered to that room could use them and share them with others (so you may want to register either you or wife in that room). If the two rooms are not connected, one of you will need to sleep in the other room with your son once your parents leave.

The dining credits would be per room because each room would be a separate reservation.

We have the same thing this year. My mom is in the room with our two youngest but leaves a day earlier. If we do not get connecting room either DH or I will sleep there and will use one of the kids in the rooms magic band to access the dining plan credits.

I used to do the FD for years ............. DH and DD would come with DS and I. They would only stay half the week. To give them value we would book California Grill that needs two credits. They would leave with a nice QS lunch for the car ride. DS1 and I would stay the rest of the week using all the remaining credits, especially the snacks at Food & Wine. A couple years DS2 would come the second weekend and use the credits too.

I see no issues and the only loss you will take is their ticket days, but that large a ticket shouldn't be that much.

Thanks all.

So the dining credits for this offer are all lumped together and can be used like with the standard FD offer? (Example: Each person gets 10 QS credits if staying 10 nights, and with 3 in the party makes 30 total credits to be used multiple times in one day if desired)

How would you work magical express in this situation?

Can one or two people in a 3 person package setup a different time to return to MCO than others in the same reservation using magical express?

Dan

Anyone can take dme at any point between checkin and checkout. That’s not an issue.

Before FP+ I would suggest just getting the number of ticket days that your parents need for everyone. And then add on for those that are staying, once you’re there.

But now FP+ requires you to have the tickets to make the FPs. So if you did that then you can’t make FPs for the whole time you’re there.

So...pay the right amount but not have FPs for all days until you’re there, or pay a bit extra and have FP freedom?

We do much the same thing as several of the other posters. I stay 10 days each trip but my daughters mother and stepfather and great/aunt uncle can stay only 5. I pay for the entire 10 days for everyone which just makes for more dining credits. This usually works out and means after they leave we have a couple of signature meals with the extra credits (and more breakfasts)

Thanks all.

So the dining credits for this offer are all lumped together and can be used like with the standard FD offer? (Example: Each person gets 10 QS credits if staying 10 nights, and with 3 in the party makes 30 total credits to be used multiple times in one day if desired)

How would you work magical express in this situation?

Can one or two people in a 3 person package setup a different time to return to MCO than others in the same reservation using magical express?

Dan

I would encourage you to have your wife on one room, you on the other and then split up your parents between rooms so neither of your parents are lead guests on the reservation. If you leave it as is and your parents leave early, on WDW's end, it will look like your 11 year old is in a room by himself and that's not going to work.

Thanks all! If we decide to stay all 10 days at POP we’ll put one of my parents in each room.

Another option that I think I’m going to just do instead is this:

Leave room configurations like they are at POP but do a split stay. Once my parents decide how many nights they want to stay, I’ll reduce both our rooms at POP to that number.

I will still purchase park tickets for everyone for 10 days regardless.

Then, the day they leave we’ll move to either Port Orleans Riverside AB rooms or rent points and go to a Boardwalk or Beach Club Studio. Even though we will lose out on a few QS credits that way. The cost of one room that holds all five of us at POR is less than two rooms at POP. It comes out as a wash and we move up to a moderate or deluxe for a few days

Dan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!