Help! 'We can't check you in online, because government regulations...'

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Anyone else had this experience? Trying to check in online with Virgin and this message comes up for hubby...

We can't check you in online, because government regulations require that you check in at the airport.

It'll be the first time he's flown under his new passport, but we have got him a new ESTA which was all approved fine. Should we be concerned?

Anyone else had this experience? Trying to check in online with Virgin and this message comes up for hubby...

We can't check you in online, because government regulations require that you check in at the airport.

It'll be the first time he's flown under his new passport, but we have got him a new ESTA which was all approved fine. Should we be concerned?
Not at all. We had same with DD last week. New passport- she was taken aside in security at Manchester for extra check.

Not at all. We had same with DD last week. New passport- she was taken aside in security at Manchester for extra check.
Thanks, good to know what'll happen!
So they'll take him out at check in to another room, get asked a couple of questions? That kind of thing?
Do they let us finish check in before that, or will we have to return to the check in desk and re-queue?

No check in was normal but they pulled her at security- wouldn't let us stand and wait we had to carry on through which I hate but she wasn't very long. Once had it worse in the US - my son (34 not a child) was pulled and surrounded at LA airport - I am not being racist when I say this but he is very dark skinned - stubble beard - looks Mediterranean - he got a full search and there was no way we were allowed to stay nearby- he gets his luggage searched almost every trip!

Will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow!
Thanks for sharing you experiences.

I had this a few weeks ago (traveling for work) and read a bunch of stuff online about getting an SSSS on your boarding card - this means you'll get super-extra screening. I got to the airport pretty early and was prepared for that. However, when I went to a kiosk to get my boarding card it just asked me to scan my ID. I had my passport, so I just scanned that and that was it! No SSSS on my boarding card or anything out of the ordinary.

I had a weird issue with this itinerary - my admin told me the wrong info so I cancelled a trip prematurely then had to rebook the same trip. I called Delta to do that (as I was having trouble online) and I'm thinking that's what caused it.

Just thought I'd let you know my situation as I was kind of freaked out for nothing! :)

I had this a few weeks ago (traveling for work) and read a bunch of stuff online about getting an SSSS on your boarding card - this means you'll get super-extra screening. I got to the airport pretty early and was prepared for that. However, when I went to a kiosk to get my boarding card it just asked me to scan my ID. I had my passport, so I just scanned that and that was it! No SSSS on my boarding card or anything out of the ordinary.

I had a weird issue with this itinerary - my admin told me the wrong info so I cancelled a trip prematurely then had to rebook the same trip. I called Delta to do that (as I was having trouble online) and I'm thinking that's what caused it.

Just thought I'd let you know my situation as I was kind of freaked out for nothing! :)

I've heard about the ssss thing and wish I knew about it before our trip last year. Flying from Gatwick, I got randomly searched 3 times between check in and boarding so in hindsight I'd be interested to know if the code was on my boarding pass. Maybe I just wasn't looking my best or a bit twitchy after getting up at a stupid time of the morning :rotfl: I obviously needed more coffee...

We have had this before, it's just a random additional check.

Nothing to worry about :)

I've heard about the ssss thing and wish I knew about it before our trip last year. Flying from Gatwick, I got randomly searched 3 times between check in and boarding so in hindsight I'd be interested to know if the code was on my boarding pass. Maybe I just wasn't looking my best or a bit twitchy after getting up at a stupid time of the morning :rotfl: I obviously needed more coffee...

I had the SSSS last year and there's a tip I wish I'd known then! We were travelling indirect and both getting on and off every plane I got pulled for extra searches etc. Apparently after the first time you're searched, you can ask for a new boarding pass without the code on and they should give it you meaning the rest of your trip is much more pleasant. Wish I'd known it then!

Thanks all for the well wishes.
Only thing that we noticed different was getting pulled out for a search after passing through the gate and prior to boarding the plane...

I got SSSS on my boarding pass but only Manchester to Philadelphia and nothing on the boarding passes on the way home. Was very bizarre as I had some other mans name on my booking who I definitely didn't pay for and I had a look at the list they had and he was on it! They were friendly though :rolleyes: Also new security checks at the airport asking about the last time I went out with friends etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter