Help! Where can we eat before DAH?

cadien

DIS Veteran
I've managed to be pretty self-sufficient researching and planning and Trip Planning our upcoming first trip, but I've hit a wall here. Maybe it's just one detail too many.

We'll be there in early February. We arrive on a Thursday which offers Disney After Hours and booked it yesterday. This completely changes our dinner plans. We're ending our day at Future World at 5:00 (not changeable) and we clearly can't go to Sanaa and back before 7:00.

Considering that we need about an hour to get from Epcot to MK on the monorail (and we really want to monorail), where can we get something decent to eat during that other hour? Table service isn't going to work in that time frame, but we don't want to just eat hot dogs or pizza. Logistically, are there places to look other than Boardwalk? I'm under the impression there won't be anything at the MK end but would love to hear if that's not true. Sunshine Seasons would be adequate but kind of boring. Lounges with small plates are totally fine.

Thanks!

Since you are monorailing it you can easily pick any of the resorts along the monorail line. Kona Cafe is a good choice. There is also a sushi bar on the main concourse and Capt Cooks which is enjoyable. You could even grab a dole whip out back. Grand Floridian has gasparilla island grill which has a pretty decent menu as well. If you make it to the Contemporary, you'll have to reride the whole monorail loop or walk to the Magic Kingdom. Contempo cafe is good and all, but really undersized in terms of seating and I prefer their breakfast. The Wave and attached lounge can be good and generally easy to score a reservation. You could also take a chance with the California Grill lounge which is space available.

I would consider a stop at Poly and eat at captain cooks. The food there is pretty good (you can check out some youtube reviews of the food there). If the weather is nice you can sit outdoors to eat. Then you just go hop on the monorail to hit MK.

Or another option is to just eat a QS meal in Epcot -- if you are in the countries you can then exit by the international gateway and pick up a MK bus at the BC resort. Lots of great choices there

I've managed to be pretty self-sufficient researching and planning and Trip Planning our upcoming first trip, but I've hit a wall here. Maybe it's just one detail too many.

We'll be there in early February. We arrive on a Thursday which offers Disney After Hours and booked it yesterday. This completely changes our dinner plans. We're ending our day at Future World at 5:00 (not changeable) and we clearly can't go to Sanaa and back before 7:00.

Considering that we need about an hour to get from Epcot to MK on the monorail (and we really want to monorail), where can we get something decent to eat during that other hour? Table service isn't going to work in that time frame, but we don't want to just eat hot dogs or pizza. Logistically, are there places to look other than Boardwalk? I'm under the impression there won't be anything at the MK end but would love to hear if that's not true. Sunshine Seasons would be adequate but kind of boring. Lounges with small plates are totally fine.

Thanks!

If you're ending your day at Future World, Boardwalk would be one of your WORST choices...especially given that you want to monorail to MK. You'd waste 20+ minutes each way walking to and from the Boardwalk.

I would look at the menus at Captain Cook's at the Poly, Gasparilla Grill at GF, and Contempo Cafe at Contemporary. Of those, Captain Cook's has the best "non-standard" menu in our opinion...and it's good.

I agree with the others - look at your options at Poly, GF or CR (any of the QS there, or possibly Mizner's at GF or the bar at the Wave. I wouldn't attempt Tambu at that time of day). If you choose Poly, it may be quicker to walk from TTC to Poly (you can also get on the resort monorail). If you choose GF, simply transfer to the resort monorail at TTC. From either of those resorts, just jump back on the resort monorail to MK. If you go to CR, you can just walk over to MK.

This is very helpful! We're staying at AK, so I hadn't even looked at how the other resorts are laid out. I didn't realize all of these were on the way to MK. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter