HELP!Where to stay off 95 in Carolinas??

Lisa In NJ

Earning My Ears
I need your help with some suggestions on hotels not far off of 95 in North and South Carolina. We're driving from South Jersey, and plan to drive between 7 and 9 hours before stopping to stay over night. This would put us in North Carolina or possibly the north part of South Carolina. We drove down in 2000, and stopped at about at a Comfort Inn (I think) at 2am, but the room was dirty and reaked with ciggarette smoke which triggered my son's asthma (he was sick the entire week with his asthma after that). I'd appreciate any suggestions of nice clean hotels/motels that would be not far off of 95 on our route.
THANKS!!

Fairfield Inn at Rocky Mount, NC. Just north of Wilson, NC. Across the street from a mall with many eating areas. If you need further directions, I can look them up. It was just a mile or two or three off of I-95!

Sharon

When were driving from Ma. we would stay at South of the Boarder. I know it looks real tacky but the rooms were very clean, they have and indoor pool which if it was raining the kids still had something to do to strech out the bones after the car all day. They have a hugh gift store . That the kids would get to shop at if all behaved on the way there. Would start them out with say five dollars and if the misbehaved the would loose some.They were ussually very well behaved.They also have a miniture golf course the kids liked to do. We would leave Boston about 11pm so the kids would slepy a lot of the time, traffic was pretty light and hubby and I would take turns. Then about 2 or 3 in the afternoon we would pull in so the
ride din't seem so long. By 6- or 7 we were all tucked in and then get an early start in the morn. We were to DW by 3pm next day
Good luck
Brenda

We stayed in Florence SC, fairly close to the Georgia border. I used the internet & ran searches for the major chains--Holiday Inn Express, Marriot etc. I always pre-book a rm., just so we don't land in a dump at 2 AM. I found that alot of the chain are reasonably priced & inc. breakfast.

We have had nice stays at Hampton Inn along I95. There is a Hampton Inn in Florence just off I95. By the way Florence is in the northern part of South Carolina, not near the Georgia border. We have also stayed recently at Clark's Inn in Santee. They had a coupon in the SC hotel guide that can be picked up at the Welcome Centers & other locations along the Interstate. Clark's also has a restaurant on the property - we had dinner & breakfast there - food & service were very good.

We've done South of the Border and would do it again. There's a cluster of chain motels right off 95 in Lumberton. I forget which one we used but we were happy with it and they all look clean and modern to me. You might get farther than you think. I95 is crazy. If you do 75 mph., you're holding up traffic plus parts of N. and S. Carolina are 70 mph legally.

Bill From PA

Lisa,

Last month we stayed overnight in Lumberton, North Carolina. It is about 20 miles North of the South Carolina border. There are a lot of hotels there. We stayed at the Holiday Inn. It is connected to a Denny's rest. It was convenient to just walk out of our room, go down to the lobby and walk into the Denny's for breakfast the next morning. You don't even have to walk outside. Hope this helps.

Dumbo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter