Help! Why are hotels booked?

K

kellymouse

Help! I am going to DL July 12-14 and everything is booked on Disney's website and Expedia! We HAVE to stay onsite! What is going on that week?

If I had to guess I would say it's summer and 3 weeks away. :rotfl2:

July 17th is Disneyland's 50th Birthday. Many rooms at the Disneyland Resort hotels have been booked for over a year. I am sorry to be the one to tell you that you probably won't get an onsite hotel.

Michael623 said:
If I had to guess I would say it's summer and 3 weeks away. :rotfl2:

Well, I would have to disagree with you because last year we went at the same time and booked it the night before for Paradise Pier.
I'm so sad. I guess it's because of the 50th! :sad2:

Yep. It's the 50th birthday celebration. We booked ours over a year ago. Not likely that you'll be able to stay on site, and expect the parks to be extremely full. Sorry!

kellymouse said:
Well, I would have to disagree with you because last year we went at the same time and booked it the night before for Paradise Pier.
I'm so sad. I guess it's because of the 50th! :sad2:

The 50th is changing everything for this summer. Many, many people are going crowds and all so they can say they were there. Also, a lot of people may be booking longer trips knowing that crowds will be an issue and since your dates are so close to the actual 50th that is probably having an impact. Don't expect your visit this July to be anything like last year's but I envy you!

Amy&Dan said:
The 50th is changing everything for this summer. Many, many people are going crowds and all so they can say they were there. Also, a lot of people may be booking longer trips knowing that crowds will be an issue and since your dates are so close to the actual 50th that is probably having an impact. Don't expect your visit this July to be anything like last year's but I envy you!

Likewise, even if you're not going in July, expect heavier than average crowds all year! We're used to early June not being crowded but last week was almost as busy as last Thanksgiving at WDW! :headache:

I agree being that close to the birthday and booking this late itll be rough to find anything- I checked for the 15-20th today and the cheapest is 95ish a night for the Super 8

-em

In additon to the "50th" Celebration, the NFFC (National Fantasy Fun Collectors) Convention is July 9th to July 14th, with official and unofficial events planned for the entire week.
The convention hotel is Crown Plaza, but many attendees stay on property.

I'm going the last week of September, and even though it's traditionally a slow period of the year, room availability during that time is not as plentiful as usual. I booked a room a couple of months ago at DLH, and at that time, I either had to get a standard room, or concierge, although I wanted a pool/resort view. Only a couple of weeks ago pool/resort view rooms opened up. And yesterday, I did a search on the official site, and there were NO rooms at PP, and at GC, the only rooms available were Artisan Suites.

You can keep looking in hopes of a cancellation (my guess is that there won't be any rooms available on Expedia or Travelocity -- I'm sure Disney knows that they can get the full rack rate on all of their rooms on dates near the actual anniversary), but I think it would be wise to book an offsite room since even those are a hot commodity right now.

Good luck!

Stay at the HOJO and take that extra money to buy some great gifts/extra days at the park!

Isn't there anything at the good neighbor hotels? :confused3 Or are those all booked too?

Just stay offsite, there are lots of very close hotels on Harbour Blvd.
Also-don't trust the website, phone the hotel. I have seen that on the net alot- it says they are full, but they aren't. THough, considering it is in 3 weeks, they probably are booked. Ask the hotel to put you on a cancellation list too.

Thanks for the help. I can get in to all of the hotels off property, but we really wanted to stay on property, but not for $255! Oh well. We will just have to wait till next time. At least I will still be in my favorite place in the world! :earsgirl:

kellymouse said:
Thanks for the help. I can get in to all of the hotels off property, but we really wanted to stay on property, but not for $255!
I thought you said that nothing was available on property? :confused3

Nothing was available on property, and I kept checking the disneyland site, and a room came up but it was $255.00 a night plus tax. That is too high for us so we are staying off property now.

Ohh...we just booked for the Marriott Residence Inn, 4 blocks away from DL. They offer a free hot breakfast buffet, and full kitchens. We thought we could save a little money with food this way :) We got a king suite for $100 a night in November,
Click here for info if you want to know more about the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter