Help with APH

hmcater

Mouseketeer
Hello All,

I'm new to this whole APH thing, we have been to Universal a few times though. I did have us booked at Cabana Bay, but we decided we wanted to stay at RPR, so I called up and she waived the fee to change resorts. I do have a package booked, with myself having an annual pass.

She claimed I would not be able to call up and apply the APH discount because the pass would not be active. Is this true? And If I can apply the discount, will I be able to on a package?

Thanks very much for your help.

I may be wrong about this, but I think the APH is only for a room-only reservation. You can't apply it to a package.

A valid AP does not have to be in hand to make a room reservation at an APH discount. I didn't have one when I did my Dec 2014 reservation.

Thank you for the information, I thought that may be the case. So I cancelled the package and booked the rooms only. So now I just keep checking for the AP rates to drop and I call them up to have the discount added, right?

If they have APH rates for your dates and room type, you can have the discount added when it becomes available.

A valid AP does not have to be in hand to make a room reservation at an APH discount. I didn't have one when I did my Dec 2014 reservation.
When do you need to have the AP in this case? At check-in? I bought my ticket through UT. Could I upgrade to an AP and get an APH discount?

I bought my AP through Universal and only had a voucher when I checked in.

Since you bought a regular ticket and need to upgrade, you'd want to do that at the park Guest Services window before you check in. You could walk right through the resort and over to the park to take care of that upgrade before you go to the desk to check in.

Thank you. Any idea what the cost would be to upgrade to the cheapest AP at the park? I would not be impacted by blackout dates.

We upgraded my daughter's 3 day to a Premium for about $95. I think if you have a similar ticket, you'd be looking at a few dollars to upgrade to a Power pass.

There is absolutely NO reason to worry about getting your AP before checkin. When you check in, let them know your plans. They will tell you when you need to show them the AP, and then you can follow those directions.

Now, if someone buys an AP online for WillCall pickup, you can do that at the kiosks in the hotel lobbies. Still no *need*, but it's super-easy to do. (there are also will call kiosk machines outside each park)

Thank you bumbershoot. That's very helpful. Now all I need is an APH discount to show up for late August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter