Help with beginning plans

I just went to tripmaster and put in 5 nights in Osaka and 8 for Tokyo for mid March 2019 (May isn't available yet)' and it came up with $1600 a person for hotels and flights. Of course you may be able to do better if you have airline miles or hotels points but we found tripmasters cheaper than booking the flights and hotels separately. And you can play around with it to see how changing stuff changed the price. Just don't proceed to booking until you're sure.

We did two hotels while in Tokyo. We spent 4 days at a Hilton in the city and then 4 days at the Disneyland hotel onsite. I am glad we did as we did full days in the park with breaks in the middle to rest up back at the hotel. We also used the monorail a lot to go to Ikspairi for food and essentials.

If you're spending three to four days at Disney Resort, I would recommend changing hotels while in Tokyo. Stay at one in "central" Tokyo for the "Tokyo" part of the trip and stay at one on the monorail line at Tokyo Bay for the "Disney" part of the trip.

Commuting to and from Tokyo Disney each day is certainly doable. But, it can still take a lot of time (e.g. up to an hour). And when you need to be at the parks an hour early and stay until closing (or really, after closing doing shopping), they can be LONG days. On our first two trips, we commuted each day, and we'd often end up only getting around 5/6 hours sleep each night. On our most recent trip we stayed at the Hilton at Tokyo Bay and it was so much better. We even ducked back to the hotel one day when the weather turned unexpectedly cold and wet to grab appropriate jackets.
The Hilton is where I want to stay while at Disney. I haven’t looked at hotels in central Tokyo yet. I did look at some in Osaka though.

I just went to tripmaster and put in 5 nights in Osaka and 8 for Tokyo for mid March 2019 (May isn't available yet)' and it came up with $1600 a person for hotels and flights. Of course you may be able to do better if you have airline miles or hotels points but we found tripmasters cheaper than booking the flights and hotels separately. And you can play around with it to see how changing stuff changed the price. Just don't proceed to booking until you're sure.
I looked at mid May for this year and it was $2200 per person for just plane tickets. That seems super high.

We did two hotels while in Tokyo. We spent 4 days at a Hilton in the city and then 4 days at the Disneyland hotel onsite. I am glad we did as we did full days in the park with breaks in the middle to rest up back at the hotel. We also used the monorail a lot to go to Ikspairi for food and essentials.
We won’t take day breaks because we are park open-close type of people but I think we will do two stays in Tokyo. For Disney we will probably stay at the Hilton unless by some miracle the Disney hotels dramatically drop in price.

Yeah, but you might have better luck booking 6 to 9 months out. I think that’s the trick with booking the Disney hotels too.
Okay that makes sense. Where were you looking of flying out of when you did it?

ETA: I looked out of Chicago and it was about 1700 per person before I changed to hotels I liked. I can’t get the flight to go away between Osaka and Tokyo. I also don’t see Hilton Tokyo bay as an option.

Last edited:
IMG_0113.PNG

See where it says "Travel by: Air to Tokyo"? You just click on the "change" button.

We flew from Portland Oregon to Vancouver BC then onto Hong Kong on Air Canada. We then had a flight to Osaka through Shanghai. Coming back we went Narita to Vancouver to Portland.

View attachment 317586

See where it says "Travel by: Air to Tokyo"? You just click on the "change" button.

We flew from Portland Oregon to Vancouver BC then onto Hong Kong on Air Canada. We then had a flight to Osaka through Shanghai. Coming back we went Narita to Vancouver to Portland.
I’m doing it on my phone so maybe that’s why. I saw a spot where I could click the plane icon and it changed it to self but then on my itinerary it still showed a flight between the two. I’ll have to try on my computer instead.

Do they not book at Hilton Tokyo bay? I would like to stay there so not sure how to do that if they don’t book with them.

I’m doing it on my phone so maybe that’s why. I saw aDo they not book at Hilton Tokyo bay? I would like to stay there so not sure how to do that if they don’t book with them.

Probably not. What I did when I did it is book an additional four nights in Tokyo then deleted the hotel for those nights, and booked it myself. I did the same thing in Hong Kong - used tripmasters to book a hotel for the first three nights then deleted the hotel for the last two and booked a Disney hotel.

Probably not. What I did when I did it is book an additional four nights in Tokyo then deleted the hotel for those nights, and booked it myself. I did the same thing in Hong Kong - used tripmasters to book a hotel for the first three nights then deleted the hotel for the last two and booked a Disney hotel.
How do you delete a hotel?

Sorry, I know I’m asking tons of questions but I’ve never used them before. Are we also able to switch hotels or delete one after we’ve already booked with them?

When you get to the third screen, where it gives the price, it will list the flights and the hotels and you have the option to upgrade. There's also an option there to remove the hotel for that portion of the trip.

I don't think you can remove or change things once you've completed the booking.

When you get to the third screen, where it gives the price, it will list the flights and the hotels and you have the option to upgrade. There's also an option there to remove the hotel for that portion of the trip.

I don't think you can remove or change things once you've completed the booking.
Okay great! Thank you so much for all of your help. I guess I have a bit to wait before we purchase anything. I think this is our overall plan:

Fly into Osaka, stay for 3-4 nights, take bullet train to central Tokyo, stay in the city for 3-4 nights, and then finish off our trip at Hilton Tolyo bay for 4-5 nights (unless Disney has decent prices)

Im mostly in charge of Disney and dh will be planning things to do/see in the city. I just read online yesterday about the red light district so we will definitely avoid that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!