Help with Disney Tokyo Packages

Jhoyer5150

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
Much thanks for all the helpful planning information re TDL resort. I'm investigating the Disney hotels and looking at the package offerings. These include park passes, additional FastPass and/or Show Tickets, breakfast, etc. What's odd to me is that there are 1 night hotel / 2 day park passes or 2 hotel / 3 park passes. What do you do on the first day, just store luggage at 8am and enter the parks? Similarly, on the last day the park closes and you have to pick up luggage and find accomodations? It seems odd to me that the # of hotel nights would be fewer - if anything I would envision the reverse to be a more "normal" itinerary (ie 3 nights hotel for 2 days in the parks). Do you just have to book a separate reservation at the same hotel? Help from anyone who has done these packages is much appreciated.

Secondly, costs seem rather extraordinary. I note that Disneyland Hotel 2 nights in October (standard room) is ~50,000Y/night (2 adults/1child). So 100000Y for 2 nights, approximately. yet a 2 night/ 3 day park pass with the most fastpasses is 286,000YEN. obviously the park tickets, 8 fastpasses, 2 breakfasts, etc have a lot of value, but the discrepancy seems ridiculous. Is this a Disney gouge, a splurge for the FastPasses, or actually worth it as 1-2x/life trip.

Thanks for help!

You're forgetting the reserved seats for shows, the free drink, the check in gifts, etc. In my opinion, the show seating is the most valuable benefit of booking a vacation package. On days when Let's Party Gras has lotteries for all shows, booking a vacation package is the only guaranteed way to see the show. Your Fastpasses also have far fewer restrictions in terms of time and attractions so they shouldn't be treated as "just fastpasses".

The cost of hotel guest tickets for 2 adults/1 child is 51,300 JPY. If the remaining difference in price is not worth it to you, don't buy the vacation package. I don't think the pricing is unfair but I also wouldn't personally spend the money on it.

We debated about the package and in the end, it came down to room availability. We wanted Mircosta and, having stalked the site for weeks doing dummy bookings, I knew the rooms tend to sell out very quickly (one of our nights was a Saturday). At the six month mark, I logged on and booked a 2 night, 3 day package. My intention was to dump the package if I was able to secure a room only reservation at the 5 month mark. I was not successful in reserving at the 5 month mark, so we kept the package. In the long run, I was very happy we had the package for the FPs alone! The prices at TDR ar every high, bit so is everything in Japan. If we were to go again, I would book the package rather than just nthe room.
FWIW, on the 1st and 3rd day, we just checked our luggage at the Bell Services.

We didn’t go with the package because it was really pricey. We were able to pay for 5/6 nights at the Hilton with points. We had no intention of staying at a Disney resort though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter