HELP with ECV's!!!

Pats Dragon

DIS Veteran
My sister is having chemo the day before her (most likely) last trip to DW. I want everything to go ok. She will be in a lot of pain and weak and we were thinking about renting an ECV. DW sent a lot of info on disabilities but said that some ECV's are too large for buses. Please does anyone have advice?

If you are renting an ecv, just let the company know that you intend to take the ecv on the buses and you should not have a problem. Most ecvs are not a problem and the rental companies are used to dealing with buses.

Some ecvs are too long to fit on the bus lifts. The ecvs that have a problem are more likely to be older ones that are owned by individual people.
Only the older buses have lifts; the newer ones have ramps.

If you look on the disABILITIES FAQs thread, you can find a lot of information about ecvs, renting them and bus travel.

just letting you know, I found your post on the Theme Parks Board and posted some other suggestions.
Let me know if you need help finding the thread.

Thank you very much. I DO need help. I just tried to find the thread b ut couldn't.I know nothing about ECV's and am afraid I will mess up.

Thank you for the information. She was worried about driving the ECV with no experience. I think a regular wc would be best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter