kourtkourt

Earning My Ears
Hi all! I'm planning to go to Japan in 2022. Right now I am looking to go in May (trying to avoid Golden Week). Realistically I only have 2 weeks to do all my exploring, so I only have a few days for Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea (3 days, 4 maybe?).

For anyone who has been to WDW which rides are exact copies and worth skipping with limited time? Also which rides are worth skipping because it's completely in Jpanese so the meaning is lost? Also I am trying to go to DL in Cali next year for 5 days so any rides that are copies from DL in Cali?

Basically I want to know the must do's for TDL including shows and food if possible (I'm not interested in meeting characters but shopping for mercy is a must :)). Thanks so much, any responses really helps me out!

I would start reading everything on TDRExplorer.com, it's an amazing source of information.
By heart I say, the Finding Nemo riding (Seafarer??) in Disney Sea is completely in Japanese, Tower of Terror. In my memory all shows are in Japanese. Except Big Band?
I don't think there are exact copies, but Splash & Pirates are quite similar.

I would start reading everything on TDRExplorer.com, it's an amazing source of information.
By heart I say, the Finding Nemo riding (Seafarer??) in Disney Sea is completely in Japanese, Tower of Terror. In my memory all shows are in Japanese. Except Big Band?
I don't think there are exact copies, but Splash & Pirates are quite similar.
Thanks for the info! Im checking the site out now.

I recommend skipping Stitch Encounter, Turtle Talk, Explorer Canoes, the Leonardo Challenge and Magic Lamp Theater due to language. You can ask the CMs at Tiki Room and Mermaid Lagoon Theater for a subtitle machine if you want one but they will distract from viewing the show.

Other than language and queue, Star Tours, Astro Blasters, Roger Rabbit, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Jasmine's Flying Carpets, Gadget Go Coaster, Toy Story Mania, PhilharMagic, Country Bear Theater, Swiss Family Treehouse and the Toontown character houses are quite similar to attractions in the US parks.

Splash Mountain, Snow White, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice's Tea Party, Castle Carousel, and Big Thunder Mountain have some obvious differences that may not be apparent to infrequent Disney parks visitors.

Jungle Cruise, Soaring, Space Mountain, It's a Small World, Mark Twain, Tom Sawyer Island, Omnibus, Big City Vehicles, Jumpin Jellyfish, Indiana Jones, and Western River Railway all have sufficient differences to warrant a ride. Tower of Terror is completely different theming and should definitely be on your to-do list.

While Jungle Cruise, Nemo, etc and most shows are in Japanese, I think they can still be enjoyed without knowing Japanese.

I recommend skipping Stitch Encounter, Turtle Talk, Explorer Canoes, the Leonardo Challenge and Magic Lamp Theater due to language. You can ask the CMs at Tiki Room and Mermaid Lagoon Theater for a subtitle machine if you want one but they will distract from viewing the show.

Other than language and queue, Star Tours, Astro Blasters, Roger Rabbit, Pinocchio, Dumbo, Jasmine's Flying Carpets, Gadget Go Coaster, Toy Story Mania, PhilharMagic, Country Bear Theater, Swiss Family Treehouse and the Toontown character houses are quite similar to attractions in the US parks.

Splash Mountain, Snow White, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, Alice's Tea Party, Castle Carousel, and Big Thunder Mountain have some obvious differences that may not be apparent to infrequent Disney parks visitors.

Jungle Cruise, Soaring, Space Mountain, It's a Small World, Mark Twain, Tom Sawyer Island, Omnibus, Big City Vehicles, Jumpin Jellyfish, Indiana Jones, and Western River Railway all have sufficient differences to warrant a ride. Tower of Terror is completely different theming and should definitely be on your to-do list.

While Jungle Cruise, Nemo, etc and most shows are in Japanese, I think they can still be enjoyed without knowing Japanese.

Wow thanks for all the info, this will definitely help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter