Help with Play, Stay and Dine please?

JCSCBROWN

Earning My Ears
We have always gone when we get free dining, but I know we pay more for the room. For the first time, we will be going in January. It seems that in the past it is Play Stay and Dine that is offered.

Is it a better deal to take this or the room only discount (which seems offered then also).

It is hard to find info online, so any help or advice is appreciated. TY

We have always gone when we get free dining, but I know we pay more for the room. For the first time, we will be going in January. It seems that in the past it is Play Stay and Dine that is offered.

Is it a better deal to take this or the room only discount (which seems offered then also).

It is hard to find info online, so any help or advice is appreciated. TY

It will probably depend on the makeup of your party. The SPD offer is a reduction on all three components, but no one really knows the math. Unfortunately, you're probably going to have to wait until those promotions come out and price out the two, but if you have at least two kids in the mix, my guess is the SPD will be the better offer.

A lot depends on the specific discounts and how much you personally value the dining plan.

However, the general rule of thumb is that free/discounted dining tends to be better for lower-tier accommodations and the more people you have in each room. Room-only discounts work better at higher-grade accommodations and fewer people per room.

I.e., 4 in a room at a value resort - even an inefficient use of a dining plan will likely be a better deal than a room-only discount. 2 people in a room at a deluxe resort - take the room discount. It gets fuzzier when dealing with, say, a party of 4 at a moderate resort.

In any case, get the price quotes and then decide what works best for you.

Thank you for the replies. We have three adults in one room, two in another, one in a third. We always stay at value resorts because we spend almost all the time at the parks. Any advice is appreciated. :)

Thanks for this info. I am waiting for Jan 2018 offers to be dropped...hopefully soon! Sounds like I will need to run the numbers to determine the best option for us as it will be 1A and 1C in a value room, purchasing the DDP.

What I know is that any offer that is released will be better than the full rack-rate I currently have booked!

Thanks for this info. I am waiting for Jan 2018 offers to be dropped...hopefully soon! Sounds like I will need to run the numbers to determine the best option for us as it will be 1A and 1C in a value room, purchasing the DDP.

What I know is that any offer that is released will be better than the full rack-rate I currently have booked!

I'm in the same boat as you! Hoping for ANY promotion to offset my full rack-rate package.

The Play and Dine usually is released in October.

There's a really good breakdown on the Codes & Rates board of the math on SPD that you might find useful. I don't remember exactly the numbers, but it essentially translates into a discount on the dining portion of the package and, at some resorts, a small room only discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter