Help with Rental Car Prices

BOTL76

Mouseketeer
Hello Disney Fans,

Disney Vacation to WDW for my family is booked!

Our current search for a rental vehicle has not gone well, it's going to break our bank LOL!

Travel party is 4 adults and 2 kids (ages 5 and 8) so we are in need of at least a mini-van and/or SUV that will of course sit at least 6.

Our travel dates are December 5th to 14th, 2019.

Gone through all our mousesavers.com car rental tips and tricks, other websites, too many hours online looking so far and best we have found for a mini-van is $650 for the duration of our stay (we are staying offsite).

So was looking for any tips or tricks or articles to read to help us save a bit more on our rental vehicle.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

We almost always rent through Costco. It may be worth a membership even if you never shop there. I'm not sure if you can price a rental if you're not already a member. Regardless we usually book, cancel and re-book a vehicle several times before a vacation.

Do not book a prepaid rental. That is usually nonrefundable in the fine print. Of course you would not book a non-refundable rental.

The best tip is to keep checkkng back.

If you see something better at a different agency then book that and a few minutes later cancel the previous booking.

Unfortunately if you find somethng better at the same agency it is better to cancel the previous booking first and then book the new one. Otherwise an anti-duplicate app within the agency computer might cancel both of the bookings or cancel one at random.

We used Autoslash for our Nov/Dec trip. It will alert you on price reductions. We got a minivan for the week for $300 with Alamo. It was a great experience.

We rented a 7 passenger Nissan Pathfinder through Hertz at a Disney Springs hotel location. Renting from there was less expensive than the airport rentals. Our rental is from 12/1 - 12/8 and costs $212.00 (including taxes and fees). I also found minivan rentals at the airport from Sixt were just over that at around $230.00, but I've never used that agency, so I don't know what they're like.

I see a minivan for those dates with Advantage Rent A Car which has an in-terminal counter for only $340 after taxes and fees.

OP I need one too, It’s early. Find the monthly car rental watch thread for December & subscribe. Good idea to check Nov’s Also for corp & coupon codes

Costcotravel has a mini-van from the 5th-14th pick up and drop off at the airport for $570.

Hello Disney Fans,

Disney Vacation to WDW for my family is booked!

Our current search for a rental vehicle has not gone well, it's going to break our bank LOL!

Travel party is 4 adults and 2 kids (ages 5 and 8) so we are in need of at least a mini-van and/or SUV that will of course sit at least 6.

Our travel dates are December 5th to 14th, 2019.

Gone through all our mousesavers.com car rental tips and tricks, other websites, too many hours online looking so far and best we have found for a mini-van is $650 for the duration of our stay (we are staying offsite).

So was looking for any tips or tricks or articles to read to help us save a bit more on our rental vehicle.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I found out cheapest rate thought Autoslash.

Costco is great for rental cars. And keep in mind too that you are a bit early for the lower prices. My suv for July just dropped the other day to under $250.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter