Help with resorts

Terry B

Earning My Ears
Getting close to booking our trip for June 2003, still undecided between WL or POR, so my question is this, if i book now thru the Disney Club @ the WL and hope for a code rate whenever they come out later on, and if no codes are available switch over to the POR but risk them being all booked up. Hope this makes sense and as always any help is always appreciated. Thanks.... Also, which would you chose between the two resorts ??

Well, it's possible to book them both at the same time and wait until you find out about codes & discounts before you make your final decision. I don't think they like you to do that but as long as you pay your deposit on each, I don't think it's a bad thing. I'm not sure about holding 2 reservations for such a long period of time however. Anyone?:confused:

You can reserve both, if you want, but... Having a room reserved in a particular resort will not guarantee you a booking in that resort at the discounted rate. When the codes come out, you will have to make a new reservation at whichever resort you choose. You can then transfer any money to that new reservation -- but you don't actually transfer the reservation to a new rate structure.

So, if you would only go to WL with a code, booking that room now doesn't gain you anything. I would suggest booking PO now to ensure you have a room in your price range *for sure* and then waiting to see what happens with the codes.

Based on my observation, rate usually comes out 2-3 months prior to the first date of the discounted period. For example, in May this year, the code for August till October 2 was available. Then in this week, codes for October - Dec is available. If you are travelling in June, the code may be release in March.

Unless you have a specific room in the resort that you want to get, I don't think the room would be sold out that fast... If you are a DC member, for sure you will get basic DC discount on the room. DC usually blocks off a number of rooms for its DC members, if I remember correctly.

If I were you, I would wait until Feb or March to book my trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter