Help with Restaurants!

WDW TRIP NUT

Mouseketeer
We are visiting Universal for the first time in March. Even though I know everything about ps at WDW,I know nothing about Universal. We are staying at the HRH. We would like to eat at several places in the hotel,citywalk,and the parks. The only place that I know we won't eat is Emeril's. Now for my question! (It's about time,Huh!) Do I need to make ressies or ps or am I o.k. since we're staying at the HRH? Somewhere I heard that you could show your room key and get seated right away. Is this just for certain restaurants? I would love to hear any tips or suggestions.

Hotel guests usually get some privilege, but I'd check with the concierge desk just to help concrete plans.
If it's date nite at dinnertime, you'll want that reservation in granite.

In Islands of Adventure, definitely stop in at Mythos!
Jim

You can show your room key for the next available table...but at most of the City Walk restaurants...that could mean quite a wait. The restarants there are all very good and very popular.

We like Latin Quarter for dinner. Margaritaville for a lunch/snack.
Pat O'Briens has great lunch as well as Bob Marleys. NBA City is pretty good as well.

We like Mythos in Islands of Adventure.

Check out uescape.com...to get the phone numbers for making reservations...or call 1-800-uescape and they will give you the phone numbers.

With your room key you get "next available seating". As webray said, that can sometimes be quite a wait. At other times it could be five minutes.
My favorite restaurant is Mythos in IOA. We just stopped in earlier in the day and made our reservation for dinner. We also liked Latin Quarter and did the same thing with reservations there. If you don't want to stop in or call the restaurant for a reservation, there is a little booth in CityWalk that takes reservations.

My Favorites include:
Mythos @ IOA
NBA & Margaritaville @ Citywalk
Trattoria del Porto & Mama Dellas @ Portofino

If you know what time you are going to dinner it wouldn't hurt to make a reservation. We never have them because we never have a game plan. The room key helps out a lot!
One time we went to Mythos for dinner, it was quite busy. The couple in front of us were told 30 minutes, we walk up & hand her our room key & she says" Oh Portofino guests, right this way!" I'm sure that doesn't always happen but it felt nice!

CPM i hear there is a SPIDERMAN entree' on the new MYTHOS menu, want to give it a ride:D

Thanks so much for the help. I will go ahead and make some ressies to be on the safe side. I didn't realise that so many of the restaurants would take ressies.

Originally posted by MIB999999
CPM i hear there is a SPIDERMAN entree' on the new MYTHOS menu, want to give it a ride:D

You just crack yourself up, don't you? :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter