Help with schedule in SoCal (7 to 18 May)

hipmaman

<font color=red>Did the Southern California thing<
Hi,

We are taking 2 kids to SoCal on 7 to 18 May, 2005 (The 7th and 18th are travel days). 5.5 yr-old girl and 4 yr-old boy. We would definitely want to do DL for 3 days, San Diego (Zoo and SeaWorld) for 3 days, the rest are just go to the beach, spend time with relatives, etc.

Can you help me with the best time to go these places and catch as much shows, parades, etc. as possible? While I expect there would be some waiting time in line-ups, but which days would also be best to avoid the crowd?

I have not booked any character meals or bought park tickets yet. I was thinking of the SoCal CityPass for 3-days DL, SD Zoo and SD SeaWorld and Knott's Farm. Is this a good plan?

I think we'll do a princess meal and something for my son too. His birthday is just days away (25 May) so it would be his 'birthday' trip too. Can you also help suggest 2 character meals?

Thank you so much!

I assume you'll want to be sure to see the Electrical Parade which only runs on Fri, Sat, Sun during your stay. I recommend you go to Disneyland at the end of your trip (if you can wait)...May 15,16,17. These dates are most likely to be the least crowded (Sunday will be crowded, but not like a Fri or Sat) as opposed to the beginning of your stay which is pretty close to the 50th anniversary opening on May 5.

I haven't been to the new Princess breakfast at the Plaza Inn, but have heard good things about it. I suggest you get a late morning PS (call ahead) and get there early and do the rides, then have the Princess breakfast as a nice break. Goofy's Kitchen is fun for dinner...we like to go there on the eve of our travel day - it's a good way to start off a visit to DL.

I'm busy planning our trip for the same timeframe...so if there's anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Have a great trip!

Thank you. I'll work on the planning a bit more with your input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter