Help with start of my CA day

seashell724

DIS Veteran
How would you plan your CA day if the park opens at 9 and you have an ariels grotto ressie at 9? Right after eating would you head to Carsland? I know that will be a priority for my kiddos.

Honestly, if it was an option, I would move your breakfast reservation later & do Cars Land first. Moving it just 1 hour later could make all the difference in how bad of lines you end up waiting in.

If moving breakfast isn't an option for you, then I'd go straight for an RSR FP right after you eat. I would never ride RSR standby except right at park open.

Good luck!

I'm another in the "move the breakfast" camp! I just couldn't bring myself to lose that critical first hour in the park.

Good luck with your decision and have an amazing trip! California Adventure was our favorite of the west coast parks!!

If you don't move the breakfast, maxpass so that you grab a fastpass to use right after breakfast. Personally, I like Cars Land after dark but always start there as well to make sure we get on everything.
Cars Land is not running out of fast passes right away, at least as of late. What you may want to do is... use maxpass to FP something right away that will give you a return time in the 10:00-11:00 hour (Soarin or TSM... or GoG if you're into that), and then at 10am grab a RSR FP on the app and do carsland at that time of your FP return, which will likely still be early afternoon.

We can't move the breakfast. :( We want breakfast at Ariels grotto and they only offer it for a short time period. I don't think I'd have time to do the Cars stuff and make it back to ariels within an hour. (Assuming moved it to 10 which was the latest breakfast.)

Is it an option to get MaxPass? Then you can book a Fastpass while sitting at breakfast and it'll be waiting for you when breakfast is done. Just watch the FastPass distribution time and book it accordingly.

Maybe see if you can grab some fastpasses for RSR on the way to the breakfast at 9. That would alleviate the long line problem for Racers if you don't want to change the reservation like others suggested?

Maybe see if you can grab some fastpasses for RSR on the way to the breakfast at 9. That would alleviate the long line problem for Racers if you don't want to change the reservation like others suggested?

I thought of that but the park only opens at 9'so we Will be in the restaurant before that.

Can you have one member of your party get all of the fast passes at 9:00 while the rest of your party goes to Ariels? Then that way you have the fast passes and the fast pass runner can join you at the restaurant about 9:10 or so?

We can't move the breakfast. :( We want breakfast at Ariels grotto and they only offer it for a short time period. I don't think I'd have time to do the Cars stuff and make it back to ariels within an hour. (Assuming moved it to 10 which was the latest breakfast.)
Well, if you do find a later reservation time for breakfast, don't worry about only having an hour for Cars Land. That's more than enough time to do the 3 attractions, as long as you go to RSR first thing.

I have gotten fp for RSR later in the day. I don't think unless it's an incredibly busy day that they will be gone around 10:15 when you can go grab a couple. We've gotten them as late as 11:00ish on Saturdays, when it's crowded.

Since moving your breakfast isn't possible I will also suggest either paying for Max Pass or having one of the adults get FP at park opening and then joining your group. I believe they should even be able to go to the restaurant with you, take the group photo, order food, and then leave and come back for the meal. The FP machines are not too far away from the restaurant and getting a FP is pretty fast. If that is too inconvenient, then pay the $10 per person for the Max Pass for that day. Bonus, you can use it all day to get all of the FP rides quickly, and you'll get character and ride photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter