Help with visually impaired cassette tapes

PrincessPoppy

Earning My Ears
Planning a trip with my family in January. My father is almost totally blind and does not read Braille. I'm wondering if anyone has any information on the cassette tapes they rent out at the parks that give visually impaired people information on the park layout and attractions.

Is it possible to get a copy in advance, or does anyone know if there is a site where I can download it? Or a transcript of what it says so I can record it myself? It would be nice if he could listen on the plane or sooner, before we actually get to the parks.

Hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, the tapes are only available for rental at the parks. You could pick up a copy of the Birnbaum's Guidebook and read it onto a tape for him. I don't know if it's available on tape through Library of Congress or a regular bookstore.

My mom borrowed the tapes the first time, and since then we just get the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities to make sure nothing has changed.

You can also call the Disabilities department at WDW to find out if it's possible to have a copy of the tape sent in advance, but I don't think that they'd do that.

As far as I can remember, no one has posted what they thought of the tapes. You can try to get more information about them by calling:
RESORTS/SPECIAL RESERVATIONS
(407) 939-7807 [voice]
(407) 939-7670 [TTY]

I'm not sure if they would have the information, but they could probably refer you to a place that could help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter