Help!

Marj14

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

First of all I am glad to have found a board to help me plan my honeymoon! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

We are getting married next August 3, 2002. We are going to be there for 2 weeks. We want to stay in an on site resort. What is the best/cheapest one we could get? Where would we get the cheapest rates? From a travel agent, or I'm very new to trip planning! :confused: :confused:

Thanks in advance, I'm sure I'll be helped here!

WELCOME to the DIS!

We are glad you found us! Congrats on your engagement. Walt Disney World is a wonderful place to honeymoon. Disney has a variety of resorts for just about every budget--"Value", "Moderate", "Deluxe" and "Home Away From Home". Here is a link with a breakdown of the different resorts and their amenties:

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/resorts/index.htm

Also, the Resort Board is a great forum to ask any resort questions you may have. Happy Planning!

:)

Congratulations Marj14

I just got married and honeymooned at Disney for two weeks. The least expensive resort on property would be the All Stars Resorts. We saved money by not doing any packages and getting annual passes and receiving special annual passholders rates. The 2002 rates have not been released yet. We had dinners at some fantastic restaurants and did counter service inside the parks the rest of the time. My best advice is to read the DIS boards you will learn alot and be able to make good choices. Have a great honeymoon its "pure magic at WDW".

One tip I haven't seen yet is:

If you are planning on staying for 2 weeks, consider purchasing an annual pass. It is your most economical way to visit the parks for the duration you are looking at, and Disney often offers special rates for annual pass holders. Also, The Swan and Dolphin always offer annual pass discounts, and then you are within walking distance of MGM and EPCOT. The hotel rooms are beautiful, larger than most of the premium accomodations, and have great services available and some of the best meals we had on our recent trip were in the Dolphin.

We got married 8/24/01 and spent 2 weeks in Disney.

We bought Annual Passes to Disney, as it was less expensive to buy the APs (Annual Passes) for the 13 days we were in WDW than it was to buy Park Hoppers. And APs can give you great rates on your resort stays... up to 45% off in some cases!!! Only one person staying in the room (the person the room is booked under), needs an AP, so if you want the discounted rates but don't want to both buy Annual Passes, only one of you needs to do so.

Also, keep an eye on Mousesavers at http://www.mousesavers.com . The latest discount codes and rates for Disney resorts are always posted there.

Finally, you may consider booking your trip through Dreams Unlimited Travel at http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com. We booked our Disney Cruise vacation in August through them, as well as the Surprise Christmas Vacation I planned for John this Christmas. I have nothing but wonderful, great things to say about them... they've been amazing!!!

Not only will your Dreams Agent help you plan everything, from reservations to shows to your resort stays, but they will watch the rates for you. When better rates come out, they will automatically switch your rates to the lower rates! Since the AP rates are only released a few months beforehand, you can reserve your honeymoon now, and Dreams will watch the rates and switch them to the AP rates when they become available (if at least one of you has an AP). With all the stress of planning a wedding, it's nice to know someone will take care of the honeymoon details for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter