Help!

kjetjl

DIS Veteran
We were so excited to book a bounceback free dining during our 2018 stay. We were going to book a longer stay but were not sure of the days, but the guy on the phone when we booked assured us there would be no problem adding days to our stay (3 nights at the beginning of the original stay). Well, my mistake for believing the guy and so when we called to add the days, we were told the promotion was closed and we couldn't add days. So we booked a separate reservation for the 3 nights before our free dining stay. I was disappointed and didn't really think through the logistics on a split stay. Now I am trying to plan things and I have questions....I have put in an email to disney and will call but thought I would check here first......

1. Do we order two sets of magic bands? One for the first stay and one for the 2nd stay?
2. Is there a way we can use the park tickets purchased with the 2nd stay (has to stay on the 2nd stay because the bounceback was free dining) during the days of the first stay? Can we use fast pass?

Thanks in advance!

1. You can. Or you can decline the SECOND set of MBs. Up to you. The bands from Stay 1 will work for Stay 2.

2. That's the big problem, honestly. You have to activate the tickets IN PERSON. You will be unable to make advance FP+ bookings on those tickets for the 3 night stay before your Free Dining stay. You will only be able to make same-day FP for the first day (and book the next day same time, but definitely not 30/60 booking).

1. You can. Or you can decline the SECOND set of MBs. Up to you. The bands from Stay 1 will work for Stay 2.

2. That's the big problem, honestly. You have to activate the tickets IN PERSON. You will be unable to make advance FP+ bookings on those tickets for the 3 night stay before your Free Dining stay. You will only be able to make same-day FP for the first day (and book the next day same time, but definitely not 30/60 booking).

Thanks for the reply. Bummer about not being able to use FP but we will have to just make it work. :( At this point, I am having to let go of some expectations I had for this trip....:P What's the process for activating the tickets in person? At the front desk? Or the parks? If I do activate the tickets, will the tickets automatically switch from the first reservation to the next? Gah.....

Call back and ask to have your need for additional days escalated to Guest Services. No guarantees, but it anybody can extend your trip into a single reservation, it will be this department.

Thanks for the reply. Bummer about not being able to use FP but we will have to just make it work. :( At this point, I am having to let go of some expectations I had for this trip....:P What's the process for activating the tickets in person? At the front desk? Or the parks? If I do activate the tickets, will the tickets automatically switch from the first reservation to the next? Gah.....
Guest Services at any parlor Disney Springs.

I don't know when your trip is but I would keep trying. We also booked free dining bounce back on our 2018 trip. I recently decided to add a night due to low airfare and called the bounce back offer number asking to do so about 5 different times over two weeks. Every time they told me no rooms were available. Last night I called the regular number to change reservations and magically they had a room available and added the free dining as well. Now we are at one resort the whole trip, so don't give up and then you maybe able to cancel the other 3 night stay.

I don't know when your trip is but I would keep trying. We also booked free dining bounce back on our 2018 trip. I recently decided to add a night due to low airfare and called the bounce back offer number asking to do so about 5 different times over two weeks. Every time they told me no rooms were available. Last night I called the regular number to change reservations and magically they had a room available and added the free dining as well. Now we are at one resort the whole trip, so don't give up and then you maybe able to cancel the other 3 night stay.
I tried calling a couple of times and they are very adamant that the promotion is closed and we cannot add days. Our stay is in Dec. :( When are you going?

I tried calling a couple of times and they are very adamant that the promotion is closed and we cannot add days. Our stay is in Dec. :( When are you going?

Make sure you don't just talk to one of the people with regular reservations, call the bounce back number. Last time they transferred me and I was able to add nights but the regular line could not help me.

My stay is in August but we leave the day before GE opens. The bounce back number was no help in my case, it was the regular number that finally added the night with free dining.

I was told I could modify my bounce back trip when I booked last fall as well. When I called I got the same answer, promotion no longer available. After scrolling through the boards I found the bounce back thread with the dedicated phone number. 407-939 1923. Made all the difference. I have since modified my trip twice , changing dates and resorts.

I was told I could modify my bounce back trip when I booked last fall as well. When I called I got the same answer, promotion no longer available. After scrolling through the boards I found the bounce back thread with the dedicated phone number. 407-939 1923. Made all the difference. I have since modified my trip twice , changing dates and resorts.
When is your stay?

When is your stay?
September 3-11
These are the eligible dates
  • Eligible dates to book the future trip in 2019 (i.e., dates that qualify for the future discount):
  • January 1-2, 6-10, 14-17, 20-24, 24-28
  • February 3-6, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28
  • March 3-7, 10-14, 17-21, 24-28
  • April 2-4, 7-11
  • April 21 - May 23
  • May 27 - August 29 (may be included, ask!)
  • September 2-28
  • December 6-24

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter