help.....

pattyT

DIS Veteran
Can't Make a decision for the life of me....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the 5mp EasyShare DX4530 Last year
LOVE IT
Even stopped using the SLR so much (ya that was only a year old so DH didn't love that!)

I LOVED THAT camera
it died

well of course everything in digi world has changed -
I went bought the D7000
HATED IT and returned it

HELP!

What's the purpose in using the camera? just for fun? serious photography? both?.

If the first is your answer, stick with your Easyshare.
If the second or the third is your answer, get a dSLR.

Simple.

:)

pattyT said:
Can't Make a decision for the life of me....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the 5mp EasyShare DX4530 Last year
LOVE IT
Even stopped using the SLR so much (ya that was only a year old so DH didn't love that!)

I LOVED THAT camera
it died

well of course everything in digi world has changed -
I went bought the D7000
HATED IT and returned it

HELP!

I will be getting a Nikon SLR next summer...

this is a temorary camera :earseek: we can't afford the SLR now -
and I NEED a camera

I am looking in the 200-300 range

this is a quandary. My only suggestion is just to get the cheapest Fuji A345 camera and use it just as something to get by until you get a dSLR. Heck, you can already get a Rebel XT kit (with 18-55 lens with Ultra Sonic Motor) for only US$1,000.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I love my Kodak 7590. Many many happy owners over at Digital Photography review. A flash can be added (via PC sync cord). Also many happy owners of the 730 and 740.

More and more are buying the newer P850. I think there have been some intial kinks, but being worked out and is a very nice camera. Also has a great cordinated flash you can buy that works very well.

I'd narrow it down to a few, then check out
http://www.imaging-resource.com/ for camera reviews and comparison, and

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/ for forums and get some real people opinions on your narrowed choices. I'm not as big on DP's reviews, but the forums are great.

Elizke, since the OP plans to buy a dSLR, my thinking is why bother spending money on a get-by camera. It'll be easier (to me) to get rid of $150 camera when I get a dSLR rather than getting rid of (say) a $300 camera.

Kelly Grannell said:
Elizke, since the OP plans to buy a dSLR, my thinking is why bother spending money on a get-by camera. It'll be easier (to me) to get rid of $150 camera when I get a dSLR rather than getting rid of (say) a $300 camera.

I can see your point. But it might not be a camera to get rid of, but keep as a second cam, for grab and go.

E.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter