Here are my 1st scrapping attempts!

SplshMtn99

<font color=blue>She talks to me in pretty <font c
I've finally stopped "LOOKING" at other peoples work & "FINALLY" started scrapping my own. But I did learn alot by looking. Only problem, I'm a perfectionist & it takes me DAYS to do a page or 2 page spread. Oh well. Have lots more pictures -- so don't hold your breathe waiting to see the rest of the album. LOL

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=140549&a=13876213&f=0
If you aren't familiar with photopoint, click a thumbnail view & use the arrows to view the 17 pictures.

Feel free to look around at my other albums too!

I;ve just seen your title page so far - looks lovely. where did you get the picture taken, or did you create it on your pc? We are off to disneyland paris soon and I would love a Xmassy Disney picture for our Xmas cards.

Bev

Your pages are EXCELLENT!! I love the what we did pages- that is a great way to get down all the highlights of the trip~
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

To BevS97

The title page picture was taken at the MK in the Kodak bldg as you enter the park on your right. It is done digitally. It was taken Dec 2000.

We had another taken during our May 99 trip. Here's that pic.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=140549&a=1030001&p=13573210&f=0

They have many backgrounds to choose from. You stand in front of a green screen & they put the background in on the computer. They can also do some editing. If you go when it is not so busy, they spend much more time fixin' up the pic. We have also seen them at Studio M at Downtown Disney & in Epcot - I think it was somewhere in the Imagination bldg.

You must have artistic Genes! Your use of space is impressive. I really liked your itinerary pages and the way the journaling left a nice border around the postcard figure. And the bee with Pooh. And the airplane page . . .

Wow -- thanks everyone for the wonderful comments. Yes, I think I am artistic by nature -- but being a perfectionist means I'm never really completely satisfied. I was actually starting to get very frustrated with scrapbooking because it takes me so long to do a page. I hear everyone else say "I did 10 pages today" and they have kids. I have no kids & it takes me forever to do one. But all your comments have helped inspire me to keep going. Thanks.

Oh & I can't take ALL the credit for some of those layout ideas. Like I said before, I have spent ALOT of time looking at others layouts (CK magazine, websites, Big Idea Book of Disney Memories...). While I didn't sit & study or copy anyones layout, I am SURE some of those ideas rubbed off onto me without me noticing it.

I just finished looking at your pages and they are great.

At times, I also take days to finish a page. I am not a perfectionist. It just takes a while sometimes to massage my ideas over in my head. I get in the challenges even though I know I am not even a contender. I just like hangin out with the big kids.

chessie

I just got done purusing your pages and I wanted to tell you that I really liked them! I loved the big characters that you used -- they really added punch to the pages. Where did you find them?

I also liked your "what we did" two page spread. I might steal that idea for my own scrapbook. We were also down last year in December -- overlapping your dates -- and I still haven't put a page together at all.

But I do keep collecting ideas. The text on your pages, could you tell me what type font that is? My handwritting is not great and I'm worried about journaling and no one being able to read it!

Great album!

I just wanted to add my praise to everyone else's! :D You did a super job -- it was fun for me to see the Christmas decorations as it gives me an idea of what to look forward to on our trip! And I definitely want to get a family photo done like you did on your title page.

Thanks for sharing your work!

To Beth E (NJ): The fonts are:
WHAT WE DID title = Mickey (I colored in with red marker leaving little white dotted areas)
Journaling on WHAT WE DID page = architect

Travel page journaling = architect

Minigolf page journaling (right hand page) = arial
(left hand page was cut from score card given to you while playing minigolf)

Poof page = architect. It is really small, but still very legible.

I've used a few others here & there in title areas, but architect & arial seem to be my favorites. Besides, they are in the A's and I don't have to scroll thru like 500 fonts. LOL

Also, the big characters you referred to are full size postcards. I got them in the Poly gift shop, but I think I saw them everywhere.

Here's a tip (since those 2 WHAT WE DID pages took me all day to type & space out right). Scan the large postcard (really low resolution since you aren't going to be printing the picture). Then place the character scan in your text document, keeping the character at its actual postcard size. Do your typing & spacing around the picture. When satisfied, delete the character scan from your text document. Print the document (which is just text at this point). Then adhere (glue) the actual postcard into place on your printed text. Viola! Wish I had thought of that earlier in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter