Here are the Epcot Resort Area Counter Service Options (BW/YC/BC)

FYI-Boardwalk Joe's now takes DDP.

Here are the items you can get with a SC.

Freshly Baked Pastries, Assorted $2.29-$3.29
Bagel with Cream Cheese $2.59
Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Nestea, M.M. Light Lemonade $2.59
Bottled Water $2.50
Hot Coffee, Tea, or Cocoa $2.19
Espresso $2.99
Cappuccino or Caffe Latte $3.39
Flavor Shots $.50

Jumbo Pretzel $3.79
Cookies and Pastries $2.19-$3.99
Roasted Almonds or Pecans $3.79

Just curious, does anyone know the reason BW doesn't have a CS restaurant? Every resort I've stayed in has one and it seems like they all follow the same model so this really surprised me. I didn't even consider that they wouldn't have one. We drive to WDW and usually arrive late so the resort CS was always a convenient option. Does anyone know of another resort this way?

Hi there -

Does anyone know the earliest any of these places offers lunch?

We will probably be picked up by the ME bus around 11:30 or 11:45, so I'm wondering if we would have time to grab lunch to take with us to the airport.

Thanks!

Don't know about any of the individual places but the usual time to offer lunch is between 11 and 11:30. Some places might be 11:30.

Just curious, does anyone know the reason BW doesn't have a CS restaurant? Every resort I've stayed in has one and it seems like they all follow the same model so this really surprised me. I didn't even consider that they wouldn't have one. We drive to WDW and usually arrive late so the resort CS was always a convenient option. Does anyone know of another resort this way?

I am going to venture to guess, since nobody ever replied here.. that Disney is considering the Boardwalk Bakery to be their CS option. I don't ever recall seeing a mug refill there though. :sad2:

I haven't been there yet since they refurbed the boardwalk bakery, but I have seen pictures that show they installed a self serve station so you can now fill your own mug.

I haven't been there yet since they refurbed the boardwalk bakery, but I have seen pictures that show they installed a self serve station so you can now fill your own mug.

Oh good. I prefer to refill myself, and my daughter likes to mix soda flavors. Is this new self service station working with the new RFID technology? I'm concerned with how the new mugs will be. I hear they'll be timed. I wouldn't like to have to wait between fills when I'm trying to strike the right balance between coffee, sweetener and milk. Its making me want to bring a Keurig. At least then the coffee is the same every time.

I am reading that all the RFID stations are installed and will be enabled by the end of this month and they are already selling chipped mugs. No new mug pattern though.

If you are going in 3 days I have no idea if Boardwalk's will be active for you or not.

I am reading that all the RFID stations are installed and will be enabled by the end of this month and they are already selling chipped mugs. No new mug pattern though.

If you are going in 3 days I have no idea if Boardwalk's will be active for you or not.

Well, the important thing is whether or not Saratoga will be RIFD. If it is, we'll buy them. I have no idea what we'll do if they institute the plan in the middle of our stay. I'm still not sure I want to walk all the way over to the Carriage House for coffee in the am anyway.

Does Beaches and Cream take DDP? I thought I saw it does but I read elsewhere it doesn't. and does take out from there count as a TS meal?

Where can you get your mugs refilled at BW? I know the BW Bakery has a new refill station. Can you refill mugs (soft drinks) at the Belle Vue Lounge?

ON DDP:

If you have park admission, you can also visit CS restaurants inside Epcot or Hollywood Studios. Most of these are on DDP except for a couple of kiosks at Epcot.[/QUOTE]

Am I understanding this correctly? I'm staying at the Yacht Club Resort and have the DDP, I can bring my refillable mug to Epcot or HS and fill up at a CS restaurant?

As far as I know, your refillable mugs are only for use at your resort, and not at the parks. I carry mine to share drinks with my DD at the parks, but no free refills available.

Another question - has anyone tried the appetizers at the Ale and Compass lounge? Was checking the menu and it looks good.

We are Poly regulars who will be going to the YC for the 1st time this summer specifically for the pool and the location. Now I'm starting to get concerned about the QS options. We are a family with lots of kids, young to old, and having the flexibility of a food court is nice thing to have. After reading through the posts, I think the only true cafeteria style food court near the YC/BC is Picabu at the Dolphin and it's not on the dining plan. Besides that, we can grab food at the BC marketplace, Huricane Hannahs, or the Boardwalk Bakery, and eat by the pool or in the room. Or we could enter Epcot and eat a QS in the Showcase. Has this been as issue for other families with kids or are there enough options to not make it much of an issue?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!