Here comes the Slow Pass - Updated 5/27 Final Meal and Wrap up

Catching up, hope you enjoyed your adults only trip!

HS looks like a good day :goodvibes We've only been to H&V once, for lunch like 100 years ago lol. Fancy Nancy and Vampirina look so cute but Goofy seems like he doesn't fit???

We ate at Ale & Compass for dinner last year and really didn't like it; I just had breakfast there Tuesday and that was good!

Deserts were fine, no pictures cause I suck,

:rotfl2:Best sentence in your update right there and, don't we all??

I hate the paper straws and i am going to start carrying plastic reusable or metal ones in my bag cause these only last half a drink and i cannot deal.
@StarWarsMomofGirls! carried metal straws when we were there in August and I thought she was genius! Those paper things are horrible.

I hopped back on buzzes line and he came back out and went back in again, he would meet 2 or 3 families then they would send him back in for Rain, then 10 minutes later he would come back out.
Well that sounds like an efficient meeting strategy

Good picture of everyone but me.. this is my trip report i should change it up and post the best of me going forward... But i wont cause those are the sacrifices i make.
This is hilarious. Clearly you were focused on Maren but it looks like you are as terrified as she is :P

We had buffalo cauliflower to start, and then I had white clam pizza (you get a picture of this one), Dillon has pasta with red sauce (surprised?) she shared it with Maren,
How was it? This is on my list of places to try as their food sounds right up my alley

48990851208_7f14fe4000.jpg
Love this! Just chillin and nappin in Disney!

Great picture! Your Dad totally sounds like my kinda guy

So update as i wrote this before my adults only trip, we got the missing Figment penny and when i got home she had it the whole time, i think we thought it was going to be a full figment as that is what she kept describing but its not, so now we have 3 Figment pressed penny's if anyone needs a spare!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And here I was going to offer to send you Caseys

You're supposed to let your kids win on TSMM?! Yeah, I don't even pretend to try to do that. :rotfl2:

Glad so much happened that afternoon and evening to impress your dad. It's always interesting bringing family/friends to the parks and listening to their take on everything.

What great character pictures! To me the "real mom faces" and crying kids are what makes the photos real. ::yes::

Personally, I really like the HEA dessert party at the MK. I can't remember if it costs more/less than the HEA one, but it's worth doing once. It allows you take the kids on rides up until right before the fireworks, which my young kids really appreciate.

Ugh phone replies are not my friend today!!

Such a fun time at DHS! Lots of great character meets!

And a nice time at Epcot too, glad you enjoyed the dessert party!

Was a great character meeting day! I love that Dillon is so into it!

Great pics. Your girls are so cute. We just did the FEA DP to say goodbye to Illuminations and we enjoyed it too.

Thank you! This s our good bye as well and I’m so happy we did it!

We ate at Ale & Compass for dinner last year and really didn't like it; I just had breakfast there Tuesday and that was good!

I’m so sad to hear that! We enjoyed the lunch, not the best meal ever but we were happy with it.

:rotfl2:Best sentence in your update right there and, don't we all??

Haha, just telling it like it is:P

@StarWarsMomofGirls! carried metal straws when we were there in August and I thought she was genius! Those paper things are horrible

I have a bunch but I never remember to take them... my company also gave some out last week.... lots of people didn’t know what they were.... 3B16EB64-6E5B-4C99-845F-32B2E5846341.jpeg

This is hilarious. Clearly you were focused on Maren but it looks like you are as terrified as she is :P

Hahha right! This meet was good but a bit of a cluster!

How was it? This is on my list of places to try as their food sounds right up my alley

We enjoyed it, I thought everything was good maybe 3.5 forkys. (Out of 5) if your staying at beach/yacht/boardwalk I think it’s 100% worth going, or if your at Epcot but I wouldn’t trek across property for it.

Glad so much happened that afternoon and evening to impress your dad. It's always interesting bringing family/friends to the parks and listening to their take on everything.

He used to go a ton now only goes with us, so I try to make sure he has a great time little splurges and stuff it seemed to work!! He also is a bit hard to please sometimes...qq

Personally, I really like the HEA dessert party at the MK. I can't remember if it costs more/less than the HEA one, but it's worth doing once. It allows you take the kids on rides up until right before the fireworks, which my young kids really appreciate
Great point!!! Totally looking this up today!!

Just came across this from your PTR and joining in!

I love JetBlue but really hate terminal A at Newark, it’s so small in the gate area, old and outdated, there is a strange bathroom/Porta potty situation and today the announcements weren’t clear.

Yess! It's the worst terminal.

We ended up having a successful flight with no vomiting!!

:dogdance::dogdance:

Luckily I was able to secure the same room category about a week out, I called and ask if it was possible to get the same room and not need to switch. We were lucky and were accommodated here!

Awesome!

Dillon found this horrible mom joke hysterical and starting calling Maren the slow pass. She would say here comes the slow pass all the time, and still does when we are out doing stuff.

:rotfl::rotfl:Aww lolol my best friend's younger daughter is like this. She's 6 but super tiny for her age and we're constantly telling her she's gonna join a new family if she doesn't keep up lol.

and this woman started to get a bit aggressive with us since she didn’t want to break her chain of 5 people walking out.

Ugh. I hate people!

ood picture of everyone but me.. this is my trip report i should change it up and post the best of me going forward... But i wont cause those are the sacrifices i make.

:rotfl:This is what I do lol. Sorry Mike if you don't look good but if I do, it's going up!

He thinks they have thought of everything now I assured him they will think of something else.

So true.

I am so happy we did this desert party! I am having a hard time figuring out if i should do one in MK, and if so which one, anyone have an opinion?

The MK dessert parties aren't my favorite because they charge so much and they don't include alcohol like the others lol. The DHS ones are my favorites but I did like the after fireworks Plaza garden one for HEA. It works out especially if the park closes after the fireworks because then instead of fighting to get out of the park at closing, you get to relax and eat yummy desserts while the masses leave!

Just came across this from your PTR and joining in!

YAHOOO Welcome... i have been slacking on my reports....

Yess! It's the worst terminal.

UGH the worst, i legit just got off a red eye there and OMG horrible, the line for security was back out of the terminal i felt so bad for all those people!

:rotfl:This is what I do lol. Sorry Mike if you don't look good but if I do, it's going up!

RIGHT? I do the report i should make all the calls!

The MK dessert parties aren't my favorite because they charge so much and they don't include alcohol like the others lol. The DHS ones are my favorites but I did like the after fireworks Plaza garden one for HEA. It works out especially if the park closes after the fireworks because then instead of fighting to get out of the park at closing, you get to relax and eat yummy desserts while the masses leave!
UGH! i know, but now i am thinking of passing on the party completely in Feb, keeping it a semi budget trip and doing it up in May/June....

Dis-board slacker over here! I am behind on everyone reports, including my own! I have been crazy with work, and both girls were pretty sick last week! But finally on the mend and we are ready for Thanksgiving! have a bit of time today so hopefully i can play some catch up!

Here we go to day 3! Animal Kingdom to start it off!

We had a FP for the animation station (i think it was 1030) and a FP for the 12pm showing of Lion king this morning and we (I) wanted to be in Animal Kingdom as early as possible.

Per the Minnie van receipt we got there around 805. Headed right to the safari, we walked on and I hope everyone enjoyed the directors cut courtesy of Dillon. She was asking a ton of question and commenting on every animal so if you were on our safari sorry or your welcome for the added commentary depending on what you prefer.

I def wasn’t feeling to hot no pun intended, and it was HOT OUT. I think I was feeling a bit of my extra wine from the night before, and well it was HOT.
Dillon had seen a spot of face paint so we let her do that after the safari.

Then we did the Gorilla trail and saw baby grace!

Then we had a FP for the animation experience and headed that way, we’ll Dillon was in a mood and didn’t want to do it. We did pick up some wilderness explorer books. I though she was hungry and hot, and Maren was getting way fussy. So we decided Dillon could do some more badges for wilderness explorer and get a snack, I headed back to the stroller to see if could get Maren to nap. (Its a pain to the the stroller to Rafiki's planet watch so we left it behind.)

Some pics when we made it to Rafiki's planet watch

I did some loops and since I haven’t spent a ton of time in Animal Kingdom it was a nice to just stroller and take it in, but it was extremely hot. I am not sure if it was really this hot, or i was just a bit hung over. My dad and DH said it was way hotter then the day before as well. So maybe a combination.

They came back from Rafikis planet watch and told me they had a great time, saw surgery on I think warthog, a bird show and Dillon seemed way more like her self. Some Pics from there time there.

It was about 1130 so we headed to lion king and got the stroller parked and Maren was waking up.
After the lion king we had a 1250 Tusker house reservation. We checked it around 1235 and were seated rather quickly.

No food pictures but I really loved this meal.

You can see Maren is interested here.. but not enough to actually give a hug yet!

Pretty good character interactions which is what I’m actually there for anyway.

When we checked in they asked if we were celebrating anything, I always say no, and my dad gave me a look, so I said his birthday was last week so I guess we are celebrating that! So they did bring a card out and a cupcake which was very nice.

After this week headed to Nav river journey. It was fine, but honestly I’m not sure I need to do it again. Everyone agreed.

Everyone was really hot so we headed back to the hotel for a break!

Back in the AC

Up next we try something new... that we wont be doing again

Last edited:
Dillon and DH took a pool break and Maren and I did laps around the hotel for her nap. When she woke up we joined the pool time for a bit.

Both girls were struggling a bit, I think it was a late night the night before and really hot today. We also had an early morning tomorrow, So we decided to just take it easy and walk to the boardwalk for pizza, the seating wasn’t great it was in the sun to much but it was fine and we survived. Pizza was fine, nothing to write home about but the box was cute.

Dillon loves boardwalk games so we played those, which was a lot of fun, expensive but fun! She was doing the lobster one when you need to hit the mallet to fling the lobster (other places I have seen a frog) into the pot or bucket. Well she drew a crowd she got 3 in and need one more for a large prize and people were cheering her on, it was way cute! (Rob was helping but let her take the credit)

Then Dillon has seen the surrey bikes maybe the day before and asked to do it. Thinking this would be fun we agreed. Half way around the loop we were all dying and regretting this. My dad is yelling at everyone who is walking by it looks fun, it’s not, don't do it. We were cracking up. He threatened to get out at the Yacht club and not finish with us! The kids loved it, the adults did not, I will not be doing this again... Dillon can convince her aunt or someone to take her.

We then took our sore legs back to the Yacht club, but the best is we are walking back and this family is doing the surrey bikes and he yells you were right this sucks! :rotfl2: I think if it was flatter it would be better but those hills in that heat kill you.

My dad went to get a drink we took the girls for bath and bed.

Overall a great 2nd day, a bit hot but still fun and some new experiences for us which is always nice, pretty much everything we did this day except for the Safari was new to us!

Up Next Early Morning Magic at the Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:

How cute! Love the dress!

I always say no, and my dad gave me a look, so I said his birthday was last week so I guess we are celebrating that!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

My dad is yelling at everyone who is walking by it looks fun, it’s not, don't do it.

Omg lol. That's what i've always thought when I see those bikes. Looks like fun and I'd be over it in a hot minute. Also, your dad sounds hysterical.

We then took our sore legs back to the Yacht club, but the best is we are walking back and this family is doing the surrey bikes and he yells you were right this sucks!

:rotfl::rotfl:

How cute! Love the dress!

Thank you! I spend WAY to much time buying outfits for this trips! These were some of my favs!

Omg lol. That's what i've always thought when I see those bikes. Looks like fun and I'd be over it in a hot minute. Also, your dad sounds hysterical.

It was so funny, she has asked to do it again, i swore i would never do it again! At least till she is old enough to help pedal! He is pretty hysterical, when he isn't driving us nuts haha!

Dis-board slacker over here! I am behind on everyone reports, including my own! I have been crazy with work, and both girls were pretty sick last week! But finally on the mend and we are ready for Thanksgiving! have a bit of time today so hopefully i can play some catch up!
Hope the girls are feeling better and you all had a great Thanksgiving!

She was asking a ton of question and commenting on every animal so if you were on our safari sorry or your welcome for the added commentary depending on what you prefer.
Oh I so want to be on her safari. We've done it enough times I need some Dillon to mix it up!

Love it!

When we checked in they asked if we were celebrating anything, I always say no, and my dad gave me a look, so I said his birthday was last week so I guess we are celebrating that! So they did bring a card out and a cupcake which was very nice.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Your Dad totally sounds like me. Was my birthday 3 months ago? Yes. Am I still celebrating? You betcha!

Thinking this would be fun we agreed. Half way around the loop we were all dying and regretting this. My dad is yelling at everyone who is walking by it looks fun, it’s not, don't do it. We were cracking up. He threatened to get out at the Yacht club and not finish with us!
Oh every time I see someone on these they look cool and then I think is Florida heat the time we really want to try this. Thanks to you all for confirming my suspicions and taking one for the DIS team

Sorry the heat got to you guys that day. It is no joke, and even in June it got to me, too. Plus, I think as parents it's especially hard because we're toting around their stuff and/or pushing a stroller with their body weight.

Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard at your dad warning people off the surrey bikes! "Don't do it! It's a trap!" :rotfl2: :rotfl: But I mean, of course you guys wanted to do a lower leg workout in the middle of a hot Florida summer day while on vacation. Right?? :laughing:

Hope the girls are feeling better and you all had a great Thanksgiving!

They are! It was very nice... and now its full on holiday mode around here! We have Birthdays and Holidays and its just full on exhaustion!

Hope your Thanksgiving was nice as well!

Oh I so want to be on her safari. We've done it enough times I need some Dillon to mix it up!

We can make this happen, you can sit with Dillon cause i am over answering ALLLLLL her questions :P

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Your Dad totally sounds like me. Was my birthday 3 months ago? Yes. Am I still celebrating? You betcha!

HAHA! YUP!

Oh every time I see someone on these they look cool and then I think is Florida heat the time we really want to try this. Thanks to you all for confirming my suspicions and taking one for the DIS team

DO NOT DO IT, unless you like dying a slow death by pedaling..

Sounds like a fun day! Those surrey bikes really are quite a workout!!!

Understatement of the day! Not sure how to express the type of work out they are but it was a WORK OUT

Sorry the heat got to you guys that day. It is no joke, and even in June it got to me, too. Plus, I think as parents it's especially hard because we're toting around their stuff and/or pushing a stroller with their body weight.

100%! Spoiler alert i am lucky in that this is the only day the heat really got to any of us and it was mostly me!

Oh my gosh, I was laughing so hard at your dad warning people off the surrey bikes! "Don't do it! It's a trap!" :rotfl2: :rotfl: But I mean, of course you guys wanted to do a lower leg workout in the middle of a hot Florida summer day while on vacation. Right?? :laughing:

OMG it was so funny, honestly i laugh every time i think about it!

Last edited:
We had early morning magic this morning for MK. I went back and forth on keeping this, changing to after hours, doing a Halloween party you know typical Disney planing. In the end I kept it and for us it worked out almost perfectly.

We got up and downstairs around 710, we kept trying to call a Minnie van and it was searching and searching and finally we got one and it said 18 minutes. Then an MK bus pulled up so we said forget it and got on the bus. We got to the park right around 735, checked in for our wrist bands and headed in.

They didn’t walk us back till right at 745, and Dillon made us stop for one PP pic. That's my girl!

Winnie the Pooh (everyone), then me Dillon and my dad did Mine Train (My first time!!), DH and Maren did two rides on the carousel. Then we all did Peter Pan, then DH and Dillon did 2 or 3 rides on Mine Train while me Maren and my dad did the carousel and pooh. Then we all did a ride on the carousel and another ride on Pooh. Around 850 we did a potty break and lined up to rope drop splash.

Photo Dump from the morning.

EMM is definitely not for everyone especially with the extra cost, it is not CHEAP! But when you have kids that get up early for the most part anyway, and you can swing the cost I think its worth it! It was for us!

We got to splash pretty quickly and it was down, Dillon was devastated, this was the one major down side to our morning, but it was out of our control. We waited till 915 and then said forget it.

We headed for breakfast and this is where the early morning and no food caught up with everyone, small argument over what we should do, either Haunted Mansion or breakfast, we settled on breakfast.

I was actually impressed with the breakfast and we joked it may have been the best meal we have had at cosmic rays. We used to always seem to end up there for lunch and the burgers never really did it for us.

Continued in next post​

After breakfast we headed to our buzz FP.

When you have to hold the baby you at least smile for the ride photo!

Then we did Monsters Inc Laugh Factory I made it on the screen for a not impressed face (FIRST TIME!) as Maren was laying on me sleeping and I was trying not to move.

After the Laugh Factory we had to purchase some ears because we need more ears...

But she does look cute in them!

We then headed to Haunted Mansion, i thought Dillon would be scared, Rob though she would be fine.... the wait was 35 minutes Maren was asleep so I went for a walk and Starbucks. Dillon DH and my dad did Haunted Mansion. It was close to a 35 minute wait and DH said Dillon was good and my dad complained a bit, by mostly making sarcastic jokes about why they were waiting so long.

You be the judge? Scared or not? Either way she loved it!

We found Marry Poppins meeting while they were on line. Maren woke up so I went to change her diaper and realized I left my phone by the Mary meet. So that was fun..luckily it was still sitting there when I got back. I got in line for Mary and then the rest of the group joined us.

I liked this meet, but did not like the lack of PP!

After Mary we headed to our next FP Meet Mickey and Minnie! I was really excited for this meet and it was pretty good. We had these pins to get signed and the cast members were so excited about them, but almost to the point where, they were talking to me about them for so long, I feel like we got less photos because of it. But either way a good meet.

After Mickey and Minnie we went to Tinkerbell, I felt better about the pictures then I expected with the automated camera (but still some awkward shots). The meet was pretty good Maren tried to kiss Tinkerbell, best reaction to a character so far for her!

This one is a bit strange, I must be in the range so it took one of me taking a photo, which i never would have taken if i knew i would get good shots from the photographer!

Then we saw Chicken little and Abby meeting, Dillon is really into (or was at the time) Chicken Little. But the line was already cut off, it was about 1255, they were due to come out again at 115. She wanted to wait in the blazing sun... so we waited, they supplied an umbrella for shade!!!!

I hadn't seen this before but appreciated it!

I’m happy we waited it’s a rarer meet, Dillon is way in to characters right now and she was pretty good on the line. My dad sought out some AC, while we did this.

Sun isn't in my eyes at all! Warming up!

We had hair cuts at harmony barbershop up next! We got there right on time and had to wait a bit. But overall I loved this experience! We did the first hair cut package for Maren and our barber Kyle was amazing!!! She didn’t move,, I was a bit worried it was going to be a disaster! Dillon also got a hair cut, which came out nice and one less thing for me to do when we got home to get ready for school! I would 100% due this again!

After harmony barber shop it was about 2, and time for a pool break and do some laundry so we called a Minnie van and headed out.

Up Next we return to MK

Last edited:
Very happy to read about your experience with MK EMM
We are considering doing it on our February trip with my kids who will be 5 and 2
I was happy to read that you thought it was worth it even though one of you had to stay with the little one while the oldest went on SDMT
Did you do any of the princess meets?
I agree that with kids who wake up early anyways, it is definitely a better use of our time than After hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!