Here I go again on my own...kind of. A June 2019 Solo-ish Trip Report *Updated 7/16/2020

Yay you're back!

but then maybe a little bratty when you're old like me

I think this about Ariel too :rotfl:

Why do I look like this?? Yikes!

wAhm68r.gif

That's happened to me before too, and I also thought it looked like the Supernatural demons :laughing:

I used to watch the tv version of that on Amazon, I was sad it was cancelled.

Welcome back! I've taken several long breaks from the DIS - it's tough to have much Disney excitement when you don't have plans to go. I'm glad you're here to share the rest of your trip!

It's too bad you were stuck by so many convention folks - loud, smoking ones at that. Your room looks nice, though!

I'm right there with you on Animal Kingdom. I think MK remains my favorite, but AK is definately (a very close) second. It's such a lovely park!

thank you for the welcome back!! Knowing I couldn't go anywhere really, really got me down. Getting back to feeling some kind of normal was hard!

The loud convention people was jarring, b/c the experience on all the other days had been so quiet. The whole vibe of the YC is calm, cool, and relaxing, so having people - adults - being so loud was incredibly annoying. It was like Grown Ups Gone Wild or something :rotfl:
It was a nice room! I did like getting the advantage of seeing two rooms during that trip. I loved my King room with the huge balcony, but the double queen room felt like it was a good use of space. I do recommend bringing slippers for the new hard surface floors that are being put in the rooms, though.

Love Tangierine Cafe SO much!

I tried that strawberry macaron sandwich last March and loved it!

Sounds like you are handling things the same way as we are. I was teaching online until the end of June and the twins were finishing up their grade 12 courses. Jack came home early from university and finished second year online. We are getting lots of projects done; stained the deck, did a lot of work in the garden, in the midst of painting the living room, have to do paint the basement stairwell and finish the stairs there. Luckily we are in a small town with abundant green space so can get out daily for walks/bike rides etc without seeing a lot of other people. Here in Canada, things are getting much better. We have had almost 105,000 cases with just over 8,600 deaths. Most people are on board with masks and physical distancing although there are still some special friends who think all of this is just a fairy tale.

Ugh....what is wrong with people! Did you ask to get moved again?
My favourite too........I notice something new every time I am there.
Great picture and I love your outfit!

I honestly think Tangierine Cafe is the one place I want to eat at most when we are back in the parks!! When I was writing this and got to that part all I could think about was that chicken shwarma!! I make a roasted veggie "shwarma" at home, but it's not the same. Also the hummus fries from Food and Wine...I have been thinking about those too.

I was so happy to finally have that macaron ice cream sandwich. I have wanted one for the past several trips but for one reason or another it never worked out. It was worth the wait!

Our state is one of the "bad" ones right now. In the beginning, our numbers were very low, but since reopening in June, we are now in a rough spot. We are one of the counties in our state with the highest numbers (although we have had a decline in the past few days). A lot of our community spread has come from chicken processing factories who weren't doing enough to keep workers safe. The people who work in the factories really have no choice but to go to work, and with many of those families living in multigenerational households, it spread so quickly. I will say, the little bit of time we spent around people this weekend, more people seemed to be masked than usual. Masking has sadly become quite politicized here. Southern people thinking their rights are being infringed upon :sad2: Luckily we have a lot of outdoor space where we can get away from others, too. We're the Natural State, so lots of places to get out and get away!!

I stuck it out in the room...I bring ear plugs for sleeping, lol!! The first night Raeven was with me, we stayed out late at MK after hours, so we missed the loudest part of them that day. They were just there for three days. If it had gone on any longer I'd have definitely asked to move!!

Yess!! Love Masterchef Junior!! And also regular Masterchef. My mom also loves it, so when I moved back in with her for a bit between degrees and before Nathan and I moved in together, we always used to watch it together.

Sane? Not sure I fit the whole "sane" thing anymore. But we're passing the time with lots of TV and playing Animal Crossing. I'm working on a research project with a group over Skype. But the newest thing is probably that Nathan has finally convinced me to try playing Dungeons and Dragons (No judgement!! LOL) We're playing with two of my other friends online on a DnD site that allows you to basically conference call while you put all the maps/images/etc for your DnD campaign up on the screen. I thought it would be a slog that I'd just do to make my husband happy, but it's actually ended up being pretty fun since I get to "hang out" virtually with my friends at the same time, and Nathan's a good storyteller :)

Nice! Nathan loves podcasts so I'm gonna save this list for him. We listed to a lot of My Favourite Murder last summer when I travelled with him for work.

This is AWFUL. People are so inconsiderate sometimes.

This actually makes total sense.

Oh my gosh! It speaks to the times we're living in right now that I was kinda shocked to see a group of that many people standing so close together. :lmao:

So cute and functional!

The kids on Masterchef Junior blow my mind. How do they even know how to do half the stuff they come up with??

Haha, oh i'm with you on the "sane" thing!! What does it even MEAN?!?!?

LOL, no judgement on the D&D! If Joe Manganiello is a dungeon master, is there even any nerd stigma attached to the game anymore?? It's not my thing, but I live in a house of boys who like it!

MFM is one of my favorites, although sometimes I get annoyed by their telling of certain stories. The Villisca Axe Murders in particular, b/c I've done a pretty deep dive into it and I wanted to interrupt them with facts. American Hauntings does an entire season that is VERY in depth, and while I know Georgia and Karen are story skimmers, when they do murders I know about I have to skip those sometimes. Also I desperately want to be friends with Karen but I feel like she'd be too cool for me :sad:

Doin' it for the boards! Gotta be able to describe a rope drop experience, right?? :rotfl:

Yeah, this crowd of people...I have to say, I do NOT hate the social distancing part of CoronaPalooza2020. Like, at all. I'd love it if staying far away from people just became the norm, lol. No more "fill in all the available space"!! Watching videos of the Universal parks right now makes me want to go. I'd rather be spread out and masked than touching sweaty arms with strangers.

Yeah! You're back! :yay: I can't wait to get to my happy place! I love seeing the various parks through your eyes. You take great photos! :wave:

Yes, back and happy about it!! I let myself wallow in sadness for long enough.

Yay you're back!

I think this about Ariel too :rotfl:

That's happened to me before too, and I also thought it looked like the Supernatural demons :laughing:

I used to watch the tv version of that on Amazon, I was sad it was cancelled.

I am! I couldn't stay away any more!!

I loooooved Ariel as a child, but now I'm like, honestly kid - you're 16. Nothing you are doing is ok :rotfl::rotfl:It feels very CW teen drama though, now that I think about it...It's basically Riverdale, lol.

Why does it have to look so scary??

Lore Podcast is where I learned the whole truth about Typhoid Mary :oops::oops:

Hello everyone!! I am watching Resort TV1's livestream of MK's cast member preview - and plan to watch alllllll day. I cried when they walked in, I cried on Main Street, I cried over the castle (which is beautiful!), and I kicked myself for not buying the Br'er Rabbit plushie last September

5WsKYzE.gif

I hope everyone had a happy weekend. I watched (and sobbed) my way through Hamilton three times, set off some fireworks, and went to the river on Sunday to enjoy some peace and quiet in my in my floatie chair, lol.

Since it's such a happy Disney day for me watching the live stream, I'm inspired to get a couple more posts up today. Let's take it back to last June at the Animal Kingdom!

chapter six part two

When I left off last Thursday I was at the top of Everest. After that, I stopped in the store and took pics of the cute Yeti merch. I'll skip sharing those unless someone wants to see it. Instead, we'll move onto my next location!!!

I had some VERY IMPORTANT meeting and greeting to do in Dinoland USA!! I grew up in the 80s and 90s. And at this time, some of my favorite friends from that time in my life were out and about in Dinoland.

Launchpad McQuack was coming out for a meet and I was third in line!

vGurYy6.jpg

I hugged him and said he was one of my favorites...that I watched him on the REAL Duck Tales (the new one is cute too, but not the same!) when I was in elementary school a loooong long time ago. He started miming to his handler and they were trying to guess my age. Launchpad guessed 22 and I laughed so hard. I told him 37 and he pretended to pass out. Proof that they sure can't see very well in those costumes :rotfl: :rotfl:

Next up was everybody's favorite rich uncle, Uncle Scrooge!! He was such a gentleman!!

l6L2iFA.jpg

After snuggling some ducklings, it was time for the best meet ever...the CUTEST meet ever...Chip and Dale! I wasn't sure where to find them, so I asked Uncle Scrooge's handler. Another CM was walking over, and she asked him if he would take me over to them, and he did.

gbu60ey.jpg

The CM's and other families in line for this were so much fun.

I don't care what anyone says about it - I love this area. It's cute and kitschy and super fun to look around.

It was almost time for me to go on safari, so I went up front and found...KEVIN!!

I got to Africa and hopped on my safari truck. I always hate to overwhelm with not-so-awesome animal pictures, but here are three of the best animals in the whole wide world:

I was having a really fun day at Animal Kingdom!!

Pictures limits are going to make my time in AK spread out through a couple more posts, so next one coming right up!

Chapter Six Part Three

I had some time to kill before my River Journey fast pass, and I knew some rain was coming. I hoped to check out some animal carvings in the Tree of Life gardens before it started pouring, so I left Africa.

Is anyone else just obsessed with the animal carvings? Is anyone else obsessed with just about everything?? As I write this and look back through my pictures, it reminds me that I have so many things I can't go without seeing each time, no matter how much or little time has passed between visits.

Let's check some out then, ok??

I get pretty distracted by all the carved animals that i've never noticed one very real animal over there...guys, did you even know there are kangaroos over here?? How have I missed this??

I had timed my trip through the garden just right. It started pouring!!

Good thing there's a lot to look at in the shops!!

Photo limit reached again! One final post coming right up to finish up the Animal Kingdom part of this day

Attachments

• 1594141228889.png
    1594141228889.png
    689.5 KB · Views: 0

Chapter Six Part Four

I had to spend quite a bit of time standing under cover for the downpour, but I knew eventually I'd have to brave it and dart over to Pandora. When I noticed a lull, I made a break for it

Pandora has quite a bit of shelter from rain, so I wasn't all that worried.

Enjoy some pretty Pandora views:

I got in the FP line for River Journey

I really like this ride. It's so peaceful and there's so much to see. It must have been an uneventful ride, b/c I don't have any repressed memories of bad ride mates popping into my brain, lol.

After riding I was hungry, and decided to end my AK day the way I began...with food! I did mobile order from Satu'li Canteen.

I love when the line for pick up is short!!

The picture I have of my online order receipt, and it says it was 1:46pm. I had crammed a lot of activity into the day so far!!

But sadly it was time to head toward the...

I went back to the Yacht Club, and noticed Stormalong Bay was closed again because of lightning

I spent the next couple of hours laying around watching Food Network and relaxing.

One more post coming today...my evening at Hollywood Studios. I'll try to get it all into one post, I'll use imgur to get some more pictures in so I don't have to split it in two (hopefully!)

chapter six part five: DHS evening

After spending most of the afternoon tv watching and resting, I was getting antsy and knew I needed to get out of the room and spend some time wandering around Hollywood Studios. The rain had cooled things off, so I dressed warmer than normal. The sun ended up coming out again making that a mistake.

I walked down to the boat dock (I could still use that "secret entrance" door to get there quickly) and admired the beautiful surroundings

tDJJ0kJ.jpg

JItESi1.jpg

DHS didn't seem all that busy, and I got inside quickly. The first people to greet me seemed a little intimidating, though

I0vOSW0.jpg

:oops: :oops:

I'm a scrim magnet, and this trip was no different. One was up over some stores getting spruced up:

aKC166w.jpg

Maybe one day I will have a trip with nothing under a scrim. A girl can dream, right??

Let's find something more exciting to talk about...why don't we spend some time with our Pixar friends!!

On the way to Toy Story Land, I stopped to meet Edna Mode. Her meet and greet line is amazing!!

Edna was SUCH a fun meet!! She loved that our outfits matched. Here she is telling me to spin around and show it off:

H7htUxm.jpg

Once I left Edna I also stopped for this background...the photopass photographer looked bored, no one was stopping, and I felt bad. But then she made me pose like this and I felt ridiculous :rotfl:

s5OoIf1.jpg

As I continued toward Toy Story Land, Mr. Incredible was walking through the street. He was so cute, interacting with the kids. I stopped to watch him for a minute, but I really wanted to get back into TSL.

I did not have a fast pass for anything here, and the line for Slinky was really long, but I still got to stop and admire him anyway!

Why is everything in this area so cute?? :sad::sad: I just love it so much.

I didn't really have any plans for this late afternoon/early evening of wandering, but I did want to try and ride at least one thing. Star Tours didn't have a bad wait (crowds were low - thank you rainstorm!!) so I headed over there

IKtoGTX.jpg

I wonder what the future holds for Star Tours. We always have fun with it, so I don't want it to go away.

I walked over to Muppets 3D with the intent to hang out with my fuzzy buddies, but it was already closed for the day. I should have been paying more attention to the times guide...I didn't realize it closed so early.

SLjquUi.jpg

Oh well!!

You know what? There was something specific on my to do list!! Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy!

eQYrWWr.jpg

If you read my New Year's 2019 report, this is located in the area where we entered the park backstage with our VIP guide.

My kids grew up watching Cars and I will never fail to be impressed by the world they created in those movies. If you get the chance to visit Disneyland and see Cars Land - Go!! It's spectacular!!

Anyway, if you're unfamiliar, this attraction is a little show that runs every 15 min or so. Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez, and Mater show you how to use the racing simulator and have a little competition from a challenger. It's pretty cute. And air conditioned!!

0u6DxZp.jpg

I was getting hot, so this was it for me on this evening. I took the boat back:

The time stamp on this says 6:51pm, so I wasn't in DHS very long at all. It still felt like I got to see a lot though!!

Before heading back to my room, I stopped at Hurricane Hanna's for a drink:

It's a pinacoLAVA. From the menu: Bacardi Raspberry Rum blended with flavors of Coconut, Pineapple and Raspberry Purée. It was really good. If you're hot and want a drink, I recommend it! I've had one before at the Oasis Pool at the Polynesian, and this one won't be my last.

That's all for today!! The next time I update will be the day Raeven arrives!! We go to Disney Springs and MK Villain After Hours.

See you real soon!!

My twitter feed is currently filled with cast preview stuff! I need more of DAK though. The characters on the boats is my favorite thing. I'm still feeling weird about the cavalcade happening in MK... weren't they trying to avoid gathering large crowds? Also, a strong lack of masks on face characters is very disappointing, they need it as much as the other frontline cast members.

Speaking of DAK, I totally agree that Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama gets way too much flack, especially now with Donald's Dino Bash. Launchpad and Scrooge are so much fun to meet. Also, thanks for getting the Ducktales theme stuck in my head lol

Awww, my lovely Studios. Your Municiberg photos are bringing me back to that one time I worked there. A blessed occasion and I love the one in front of that photo op. So fun.

I agree that Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy is very cute. It has nothing on Cars Land, the supreme herself, but it's fun.

Ok yup, writing down PinacoLAVA for my next drink to try. Excited to hear about you and Raeven reunited! :teeth:

After snuggling some ducklings, it was time for the best meet ever...the CUTEST meet ever...Chip and Dale! I wasn't sure where to find them, so I asked Uncle Scrooge's handler. Another CM was walking over, and she asked him if he would take me over to them, and he did.
My favourite ever!!!
I really like this ride. It's so peaceful and there's so much to see. It must have been an uneventful ride, b/c I don't have any repressed memories of bad ride mates popping into my brain, lol.

After riding I was hungry, and decided to end my AK day the way I began...with food! I did mobile order from Satu'li Canteen.
Navi is so relaxing...as long as they don't try to squish you into the rows with too many people. What did you get from Satu'li?
Edna was SUCH a fun meet!! She loved that our outfits matched. Here she is telling me to spin around and show it off:
So fun! We had the best meet with her on our anniversary trip last year. :)
It's a pinacoLAVA. From the menu: Bacardi Raspberry Rum blended with flavors of Coconut, Pineapple and Raspberry Purée. It was really good. If you're hot and want a drink, I recommend it! I've had one before at the Oasis Pool at the Polynesian, and this one won't be my last.
Those are yummy!

I was totally with you on feeling so emotional watch the cast previews. I want to be back NOW!!!

My twitter feed is currently filled with cast preview stuff! I need more of DAK though. The characters on the boats is my favorite thing. I'm still feeling weird about the cavalcade happening in MK... weren't they trying to avoid gathering large crowds? Also, a strong lack of masks on face characters is very disappointing, they need it as much as the other frontline cast members.

Speaking of DAK, I totally agree that Chester and Hester's Dino-Rama gets way too much flack, especially now with Donald's Dino Bash. Launchpad and Scrooge are so much fun to meet. Also, thanks for getting the Ducktales theme stuck in my head lol

Awww, my lovely Studios. Your Municiberg photos are bringing me back to that one time I worked there. A blessed occasion and I love the one in front of that photo op. So fun.

I agree that Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy is very cute. It has nothing on Cars Land, the supreme herself, but it's fun.

Ok yup, writing down PinacoLAVA for my next drink to try. Excited to hear about you and Raeven reunited! :teeth:

I agree about the lack of AK stuff from yesterday. Paging Mr. Morrow and Super Enthused did *decent-ish* videos from there yesterday (Super Enthused's was a bit better), but I haven't found anything really great.

From watching ResortTV1's live all day yesterday, the cavalcades looked pretty good from a distancing standpoint. People seemed to really be keeping their groups apart, and the floats were going pretty fast (I actually said out loud to my dogs that I hoped Fairy Godmother was attached well to her post on top of the princess float, lol. My dogs had no comment :rotfl: ) so people seemed to disperse fairly quickly after they rolled by. Them being unscheduled and random seemed to keep people from gathering. But, since this preview was for CMs and their personal guests, I assume most would be on their best behavior. Tomorrow's AP preview will probably tell the real tale. The characters coming out onto the train station platform seemed to be the most iffy for me. My only thought was that the entry area was pretty empty for most of the day, maybe they thought it wouldn't be so crowded up there to bring them out. To me, it would make more sense to bring them out onto the castle stage if they were going to do that, it would be a more open area in the hub than town square. I do agree about unmasked face characters. I wonder if they space out their entry to their particular float, since they are pretty far apart. Like they get one in position before bringing another princess on. I'd also like to know if they're masked backstage before coming out onto the "parade" route. I think the characters who are unionized petitioned for new representation a year or so ago and won - so my hope is their new reps worked hard to keep them safe.

Adorable character pics at AK! And sounded like a fun night at DHS!

I don't know if I've ever been so excited for character photos as I was for these!!

My favourite ever!!!
Navi is so relaxing...as long as they don't try to squish you into the rows with too many people. What did you get from Satu'li?
So fun! We had the best meet with her on our anniversary trip last year. :)
Those are yummy!

I was totally with you on feeling so emotional watch the cast previews. I want to be back NOW!!!

i agree - i've been squished in before and it was so uncomfortable!!

I had the beef bowl with the potato hash and the charred onion vinaigrette. It's probably my favorite combo

This morning I watched more videos...Prince Charming Dev is one of my favorites and when he cried i cried again :rotfl:I told DH that I'm going to be a MESS when we finally get back. I cry anyway, so after all this I know I will just be a disaster, lol

On the way out I did stop for the zoomy out-y photopass picture, but I can't find it in my google photos right now, so just imagine me ZOOMING OUT from the garden area and then ZOOMING back in. There you go.
Lol!
I either made a FP for Spaceship Earth or it had a low wait, b/c that's what I rode next...and also turned into a demon from Supernatural???
You seriously did look like it!
and DUCKS!!

The babies are so cute! Probably getting lots of bugs from that fresh dirt!
Camouflage Level Expert! (also, is camouflage not the worst word ever to spell? I had to google it twice and still didn't believe what i was seeing.)
Maybe it's just camouflaged?
I get pretty distracted by all the carved animals that i've never noticed one very real animal over there...guys, did you even know there are kangaroos over here?? How have I missed this??

Yeah - I think they share the enclosure with vultures or some other big bird, so they rotate them out! But that Kangaroo is giving you the evil eye!

Lol!

You seriously did look like it!

The babies are so cute! Probably getting lots of bugs from that fresh dirt!

Maybe it's just camouflaged?

Yeah - I think they share the enclosure with vultures or some other big bird, so they rotate them out! But that Kangaroo is giving you the evil eye!

LOL, I am here to give everyone the most clear and descriptive TR possible :rotfl: :rotfl:

The kangaroo is probably mad at me for not recognizing his existence there!! I have corrected my ways - maybe next time he won't look like he wants to hurt me :oops:

Good morning!! I'm distracted by Disney live streams again, so it looks like another unproductive day around here :rotfl: Resort TV1 and Cory Meets World are streaming from MK if anyone is reading on the day of posting.

Yesterday was a hard day for me, feeling a little stuck in the house, frustrated, and sad. So I thought maybe I'd talk about a few things that have been making me HAPPY in the last few months instead of focusing on everything that is making me sad!

1. Babysitters Club on Netflix!! I was obsessed with the BSC (Dawn was my favorite!) when I was a kid. I started reading the books in 2nd or 3rd grade and read them looong into middle school. I had over 100 books, including the regular series, Super Specials, and Mysteries. My mom sold them to a friend at work and I was so mad! The girl who they were bought for never even read them. Unforgivable!
Anyway! The show! It is so cute and well done, updated for today's issues but still so sweet and relevant to all people. I absolutely wholeheartedly recommend it. It brought me so much joy. The episodes are short and you can easily get through the entire first season in not much time at all.

2. Hello Fresh. We've been getting our boxes since March and really love them. We used to get Plated boxes a few years ago, but became frustrated as the quality began to wane, and the boys didn't like the meals all the time. The Hello Fresh boxes have been just enough excitement to give us something different each week. I cook a lot anyway, but like most people, we get in food ruts where we feel like we're having the same things over and over. We've had quite a few recipes that I will add into normal non-box rotation, and since the boys are older and less picky now, they're enjoying the meals.

3. Disney and Universal youtube videos and livestreams!! I never watched much Youtube before, unless I was looking for something specific, like info on an event, new experience, or resort/room tour. Some of my favorites are: ResortTV1, Cory Meets World, Prince Charming Dev, Tim Tracker (when they're in parks, not the home vlogs), The DIS, and occasionally Paging Mr. Morrow and Super Enthused.

But enough of that - let's keep moving...

Chapter Seven: Raeven's Home (sorry, I had to :rotfl:)

@Raeven was arriving on this day. I had no plans to go to a park beforehand, we were going to be attending the Villain's After Hours event at the Magic Kingdom that evening.

Instead, I tried to sleep in (the convention goers were having a VERY LOUD party in the quiet pool ALLLLLLLL NIGHT the night before. Glass breaking, yelling, music, etc..It was terrible. Luckily I did have my earplugs and was able to fall asleep. Going to bed early had helped, too.

How did I start the day??

With a high quality Lifetime movie, of course!!

I watched for a little while, but I had laundry to do and some pool lounging to enjoy!

It's not an XLSM trip report without looking at a laundry room, right??? I'm just trying to bring the practicalities along with the fun :rotfl:

There are two laundry rooms at the Yacht Club. I used the one on the first floor near the exit door leading outside. The other one is in the building by the Admiral Pool (quiet pool). The one I used needs a little help, it was looking rough. There are two sets of washers/dryers, a vending machine for detergent, and a Coke machine.

mCpUie3.jpg

stTqcFb.jpg

2jkz097.jpg

I set a timer on my phone so I wouldn't forget to go swap my stuff, and headed out to the pool.

When I flipped over and reclined my chair I had these nice irises in my face:

While I was lounging, a man and his little boy came out and started swimming and playing football in the pool. The dad came over and set their stuff up near mine (why? it was empty!) and we chatted for a bit. He asked if I heard the noise from the party at the pool the night before and I said yes but I had ear plugs, thankfully! He said there was music and glass breaking all night, he called to complain twice, and the conventioners had broken the hot tub. Sure enough, there was a closed for maintenance sign on the quiet pool hot tub for the rest of the week.

After finishing my laundry, and realizing the sky was looking threatening (not to mention my phone was pinging with weather alerts), I went back up to the room to eat a little something.

I had a salad and fruit cup that I'd picked up the day before in the fridge (after my trip to Hurricane Hanna's after leaving DHS, I also went to the grab and go to have something in the room)

It was peaceful on my balcony

baEaPPA.jpg

For a little while...workers began some VERY LOUD landscaping right below my window. Hello landscaper. I hope you are having fun trimming those bushes.

bYtdsnq.jpg

They were followed by mowers. And in the top left of this picture you can see more workers trimming trees and bushes, and on the top right, the closed signs on the hot tub.

If you're sticking with this post even though it's not the most exciting, thank you!! It's about to get the teeny tiniest bit better...after lunch I showered, changed, and headed downstairs to my appointment at the Ship Shape salon. I had a good experience getting my hair French braided at Ivy Trellis in October 2017 - it made my hair manageable for MNSSHP - so I wanted to try getting it done again for the Villains After Hours.

The weather was pretty rough. Dark and cloudy.

But beautiful!

Rain was on the way for sure!

I can't remember what day I made the appointment, but it was one of the days I showed you that Stormalong Bay was closed for lightning.

This appointment was...interesting. I had a wait because there was only one person working and she was behind. She had just finished a pedicure, then doing an unofficial character makeover on a young teen girl who was DisBounding as Belle. Finally it was my turn. She asked if I wanted to try Dutch braids instead of French braids and I said sure, why not? Dutch braids are where the braided part sticks out, from your head instead of laying flat, if that makes sense. Like 3D braids, lol.

She was very, very chatty. I learned some extremely personal things about her life :rotfl::rotfl:

She also wasn't that great at her braids, but I got a good AP discount, so...

RWVCWKv.gif

Please don't judge my deer in headlights look, but here we are:

And check out my PIXIE DUST!!!

qDcFUdE.gif

See? The back looks sloppy to me. BUT I couldn't do it myself, so who am I to complain???

The more I was living with my braids, the more and more I felt like Kim Kardashian when she had her culturally appropriated braid scandal, and it made me so uncomfortable. I"m pretty sure I kept bringing it up over and over again throughout the night, it was causing me some anxiety :scared:

Gjlm21Q.gif

Raeven and I had been texting throughout her travel day, and it was getting close to her arrival time on the Magical Express!!

It was pouring rain, so I hoped it would be an easy trip over

0c2hYYG.jpg

It was raining SO HARD, I don't know if you can tell in the picture. I'm not smart enough to share the video I have.

I went to the Market at Ale and Compass, which is what passes for quick service at the Yacht Club. It does have grab and go, packaged snacks, and limited breakfast/lunch/dinner menus. Mainly sandwiches, wraps, and panini. They also have a coffee bar, and I wanted to warm up with a caramel macchiato.

Time to wait in the lobby for that Magical Express!

qq7f8tV.jpg

Check out the carpet!

WyRaWZh.jpg

Ud1WDFA.jpg

I have no pictures of Raeven arriving :sad2:

If you want to see her half of this report, you can find it HERE - She has vlogs!

Ok, here's the point where I'm no longer on a solo adventure. The next updates will be a little visit to Disney Springs and then Villains After Hours.
Thanks for sticking with this less than thrilling update, but it can't all be fun and games, right?? :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

See you real soon!

I'm hearing from everyone about Babysitter's Club. I really want to watch but I really have to focus on one show at a time or I end up dropping one of the shows. It's definitely on my list. Currently need to get through ATLA.

I definitely feel you on how much YouTube I watch. Granted I mostly fall into the rabbit holes of theme park history with Defunctland, Expedition Theme Park, Yesterworld, etc. TimTracker will always have a soft spot for me. Kicking myself still for not stopping them that one day I saw him and Jenn leaving Studios. I will say right now that Prince Charming Dev is someone you should not be supporting. I'm not gonna go into too much detail on here, but he is notoriously rude to cast members (I can speak from firsthand witness experience) and abusive of guest services. Not a good guy at all.

Sorry to hear that your braid appointment didn't go so well. I think they look decent for what they are and don't worry, you are nothing near to what Kim K that resulted in that scandal. Very different story there.

Looking forward to hearing about your Villains After Hours experience! :mickeyjum

1. Babysitters Club on Netflix!! I was obsessed with the BSC (Dawn was my favorite!) when I was a kid. I started reading the books in 2nd or 3rd grade and read them looong into middle school. I had over 100 books, including the regular series, Super Specials, and Mysteries. My mom sold them to a friend at work and I was so mad! The girl who they were bought for never even read them. Unforgivable!
Anyway! The show! It is so cute and well done, updated for today's issues but still so sweet and relevant to all people. I absolutely wholeheartedly recommend it. It brought me so much joy. The episodes are short and you can easily get through the entire first season in not much time at all.
I know! So so so good!
Instead, I tried to sleep in (the convention goers were having a VERY LOUD party in the quiet pool ALLLLLLLL NIGHT the night before. Glass breaking, yelling, music, etc..It was terrible.
Ugh, so inconsiderate!

This morning I watched more videos...Prince Charming Dev is one of my favorites and when he cried i cried again :rotfl:I told DH that I'm going to be a MESS when we finally get back. I cry anyway, so after all this I know I will just be a disaster, lol
Same here!I have just started watching Prince Charming Dev and I love him. I totally teared up when he did too.
2. Hello Fresh. We've been getting our boxes since March and really love them. We used to get Plated boxes a few years ago, but became frustrated as the quality began to wane, and the boys didn't like the meals all the time. The Hello Fresh boxes have been just enough excitement to give us something different each week. I cook a lot anyway, but like most people, we get in food ruts where we feel like we're having the same things over and over. We've had quite a few recipes that I will add into normal non-box rotation, and since the boys are older and less picky now, they're enjoying the meals.
I should look into them. It's nice to try a few new things.
I had a salad and fruit cup that I'd picked up the day before in the fridge (after my trip to Hurricane Hanna's after leaving DHS, I also went to the grab and go to have something in the room)
That is exactly what I would pick. Sometimes a quiet balcony meal is just perfect.
This appointment was...interesting. I had a wait because there was only one person working and she was behind. She had just finished a pedicure, then doing an unofficial character makeover on a young teen girl who was DisBounding as Belle. Finally it was my turn. She asked if I wanted to try Dutch braids instead of French braids and I said sure, why not? Dutch braids are where the braided part sticks out, from your head instead of laying flat, if that makes sense. Like 3D braids, lol.
It looks cute but the braids should definitely be tighter in the back.

BSC was everythinggggggg when I was a kid! Dawn was my fave too :) I think I may still have a few of the books but totally regret getting rid of my collection! And I love the reboot, I agree that is well done!

Sounds like a nice relaxing day at your resort!

I'm sorry you weren't thrilled with your hair appointment. I am in the same boat as you and could never do that on myself!

I can't believe Disney Security didn't kick them out of the pool! Specially if they had glass.

I'm loving your solo trip report. I don't think I would know how to have fun with out my friends or family.

Way back to the podcast - just took short trip to the beach - listened to Bear Brook on the way there and What About Pam on the way home Wow Pam - craziness. Thanks for the recommendations.

back to Disney , good start to the day -looking forward to reading about the After Hours event. Will your hair hold ???

I've always meant to look for the animals around, but never end up getting to it. I feel like I've heard there's kangaroos but I've never seen them :rotfl:

Babysitters Club on Netflix!! I was obsessed with the BSC (Dawn was my favorite!) when I was a kid. I started reading the books in 2nd or 3rd grade and read them looong into middle school.

I used to love them too! When I was a kid they were already out of print so they were sometimes hard to find and there was a new series out where they graduated 8th grade or something. My favorite was Stacey! I was also really into the Babysitter's Little Sister series or whatever it called which centered around Kristy's stepsister, Karen. I even remember my favorite book lol where there was a giant wedding and they had to create a camp and each watch like 4 kids which seems like to much for a 13 year old now that I think about it :laughing:

With a high quality Lifetime movie, of course!!

That one was crazy :lmao:

The more I was living with my braids, the more and more I felt like Kim Kardashian when she had her culturally appropriated braid scandal, and it made me so uncomfortable. I"m pretty sure I kept bringing it up over and over again throughout the night, it was causing me some anxiety :scared:

I remember this! You did not like those braids.

I have no pictures of Raeven arriving :sad2:

I have a really bad video which features neither of our faces :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter