Here is what is left of the Great Movie Ride

Here is a video from the inside of the Great Movie Ride building.

Looks like there is still a ton of work to do!

There are some additional pictures here.
Not to be a tongue in check skeptic here but how in the world can anyone tell it’s the great movie ride building? Looks like any industrial warehouse space from what the video showed

I wish they had just updated TGMR. Since they didn't, i'm anxious to see the new ride and hope its as good as promised.

Not to be a tongue in check skeptic here but how in the world can anyone tell it’s the great movie ride building? Looks like any industrial warehouse space from what the video showed
I'm sure some insiders are able to discern certain details. But the pictures do show things that are very GMR specific. And those pictures have views that are very similar to what is shown in the video.

It's interesting to note that I didn't see any broken up concrete in any of the pictures which probably means that the original ride mechanism is going to be used for the new ride.

The queue images are what I think is what people can tell by.
Yeah I didn’t see the photos in the original post until now. (Also not sure if you could see it in the video, I kinda glanced at it).

It really sucks they took GMR out, but it’s pretty pointless to belabor it at this point

I STILL can't believe Disney removed this ride. It was such a classic, kind of like Carousel of Progress. Biggest mistake I think Disney made. The whole ride was so different and interesting. Loved every part of it from the shooting scene to the great movie at the end. I find it hard to go by the building where it used to be. The removal of this ride is truly sad.

I STILL can't believe Disney removed this ride. It was such a classic, kind of like Carousel of Progress. Biggest mistake I think Disney made. The whole ride was so different and interesting. Loved every part of it from the shooting scene to the great movie at the end. I find it hard to go by the building where it used to be. The removal of this ride is truly sad.

I agree in a way - but it belonged in a Park that Disney had eliminated long ago. ...and I still don't know why. It was just out of place now.

I'm glad you liked it, but I thought the ride had become bad...just kinda cheesy. And I'm sure it didn't connect with younger crowds.

I'm glad you liked it, but I thought the ride had become bad...just kinda cheesy. And I'm sure it didn't connect with younger crowds.

A lot of people liked it. The last few years before it closed it had a longer or comparable wait to TOT and RNR roller coaster. Disney has got to remember that not all people like thrill rides and getting rid of the more mellow classical rides will discourage certain visitors from visiting WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!