Here now - 10/7 - 10/13 - It's CROWDED and Hot and Rainy!

mom2grace

DIS Veteran
The 2 things we can't control! We always come President's Day week - 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, and now.

We were unable to get FP for FoP or SDD.

We did AK yesterday with EMH (we NEVER do AM EMH but we are with a group of 20 and one wanted to do it). We were at rope drop and we waited 65 minutes for FOP - TOTALLY WORTH IT. Did the Festival of Lights package at Tiffins - Tiffins was fantastic. Our lunch took 2.5 hours but it was ok. We needed the break from humanity.

Today we did DHS (regular hours) and waited 70 minutes for SDD at rope drop. Standby line for RRC took at least 45 minutes. We didn't time it because we didn't think it would be a big deal. FP lines for RRC and ToT moved quickly. Planning to head back tonight to see TSL lit up. Some in our group are doing Fantasmic.

Magic Bands have failed once and my uncle spent 90 minutes with IT. The issue was with charging and it should be resolved now.

CMs have been great with the exception of the front desk for check in at AK Kindani and BCV.

We are having a great time!

We were there 10/6 and left today. Yes it was hot but we were also there in August this year, and this felt so much better than that hades temperatures! But it was hotter than I expected for October.

Crowds were up there!! We couldn’t get FP for FOP or SDD either!! We took the advice here and jumped in line for SDD at 7:30pm with 8pm close. Waited 35 minutes, which was not bad!

Glad you’re having a great time OP- just wondered about your comment about check in CMs... what went on? We check in to Kidani in 2 weeks

Happy travels

We left on the 4th. It was so hot and above normal apparently. Not the best time for our first trip. Crowds weren't bad but heavy during the party. The last night with EMH at MK was the best. We never bothered with anything early. Could never get up early enough for any of that.

We were there 10/1-10/6 and yeah, hot and crowded sounds about right
Heard this year it is "unusually hot for Florida"
Much more crowded than I thought it would be

The 2 things we can't control! We always come President's Day week - 2008, 2010, 2013, 2015, and now.

We were unable to get FP for FoP or SDD.

We did AK yesterday with EMH (we NEVER do AM EMH but we are with a group of 20 and one wanted to do it). We were at rope drop and we waited 65 minutes for FOP - TOTALLY WORTH IT. Did the Festival of Lights package at Tiffins - Tiffins was fantastic. Our lunch took 2.5 hours but it was ok. We needed the break from humanity.

Today we did DHS (regular hours) and waited 70 minutes for SDD at rope drop. Standby line for RRC took at least 45 minutes. We didn't time it because we didn't think it would be a big deal. FP lines for RRC and ToT moved quickly. Planning to head back tonight to see TSL lit up. Some in our group are doing Fantasmic.

Magic Bands have failed once and my uncle spent 90 minutes with IT. The issue was with charging and it should be resolved now.

CMs have been great with the exception of the front desk for check in at AK Kindani and BCV.

We are having a great time!
You have to charge magic bands?

Glad you’re having a great time OP- just wondered about your comment about check in CMs... what went on? We check in to Kidani in 2 weeks

Happy travels
We just got screwed on our room. We were only a 1 night ressie and my SIL works in the hotel industry so I get orphan rooms,etc. We were plannng to spend that day at the resort and we checked in at 11am and the CM asked if we were going to a park and I explained that we only had 1 night and were planning to stay at the resort and be on our balcony. She offered a Pembe savanna at that time or a room on the 3rd floor right off the main lobby. I chose to wait for that room and she agreed. After we ate at Sanaa, I checked in with her again and no update. Then I was able to click see room number on MDE and it just had 3 dashes. I now know that indicated a problem. At 3:45 we got our room......all the way at the end of the savannah. I was not happy after she told me it was right off the lobby. I called and was told my original room had 'unexpected maintenance' that would take a MONTH to repair. Seriously, did someone commit a crime? 2 people told me this, including the hotel manager. It was fine, I just took my wine to the rocking chairs off the lobby and watched the giraffees.

And now we are at Boardwalk Villas which is a MAJOR downgrade from AKV - no pull out chair so my teenagers are sharing a bed and no 2nd bathroom - only 1 toilet...we have a view of the pool which is only okay (I know that is what we booked)...the walk to DHS and Epoct is nice but I LOVE LOVE AKV.

We just returned from a “long weekend” and were surprised at how hot it was and amazed at the size of the crowds! We always go during Christmas week or Spring break so we know crowds and we strategize accordingly ... we were not prepared for the crowd levels this time! Must be a lot of schools with breaks around Columbus Day ... lots and lots of kids too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter