Here now and OMG ITS CROWDED!

michelleiada

DIS Veteran
This is my 11th visit to WDW and I have never ever seen it this crowded. Still love it here but it's hard to accomplish anything...even getting to parks early. Lines are long and rides are constantly breaking down. It has been somewhat less than magical....and I'm not a negative person in anyway! Just waited two hours for Soarin, =(. We were here in July last summer and it was not like this at all. I will avoid visiting in summer from now on.

Test track is down so Soarin is swamped, even on an EPCOT recommended day...I guess that makes sense, but sorry.

Personally I'd never get in a 60+ minute Soarin line. FP or I don't do it. The great thing about DVC...I know I'll be back ;)

We were there the last week of May and 1st week of June, and it was so crowded. We have visited for those 2 weeks for the past 4 years, and never experienced crowds anywhere close to this year's crowds. I don't know what is going on with the large crowds, but it did make Disney much less magical. We also had rain almost everyday, which further added to the misery!

We were there over the weekend and couldn't believe the crowds either. Really the only way to ride anything was to get to a park at RP and then immediately get a FP for what you want to ride.

Fast passes in the morning are for return times in evening! I will never do summer ever again, did I say that already??!

Shoulda' been there last week. It looked like July 4th all week. It was absolutely unbelievable.

Yikes! We were there this week last year and it was crowded but bearable but this info is making me nervous for next year! I guess if it gets too bad we can just head to the pool and try again in Oct :thumbsup2
Love my DVC!

We were there May 26th - June 6th and it was crowded! More than I thought it would be. We had to get fastpasses for a lot of the rides we wanted to do. And like one poster said....come back time was for the evening. We went to Epcot on our last full day (5th) and we couldn't get ANY fastpasses :mad: It kinda makes the trip not so fun. But we did manage to create memories and try out new things.

Summer just isn't the time to go....heck, when is???! ;)

Are you all using the new fast pass system?

Clearly I need to do my research. We have an unexpected trip coming up in about 5 weeks.

I found the below site useful for crowd info.

http://**************.net/2011/09/19/2013-weeks-to-visit-walt-disney-world-ranked-in-order/

We did two mid June trips a couple years ago and a mid August trip last summer. The heat and crowds were crazy in June... Crowds lighter but heat crazier in August. Spring break this past March were the heaviest crowds I've ever seen. Three+ hour wait for Test Track... We really didn't ride anything but the weather was so beautiful I was happy just walking around. :)

If they'd stop making people think they are getting something for nothing, this crap would cease. On the other hand, if people weren't so gullible, the same would be true.

We were just there from 6/5 to 6/10. The crowds were bad but we have found that if you get there at rope drop and go straight to fast pass of one of the most popular rides you can not only get a fast pass for morning time you can ride the ride in standby in less than 30 mins. An example: we went to HWS got fast pass to Toy story mania for 9:15 and rode the ride in less than 20 min. After we road TSM again we went and got fast passes for rockin roller coaster. The FP return time was 11:45. We than went on TOT with about a 30 min wait. We went on Starwars next with about a 10 min wait and than went back and used fast passes on RRC. At about 1 pm it was so crowded and hot we left.

We were there the last week of May and 1st week of June, and it was so crowded. We have visited for those 2 weeks for the past 4 years, and never experienced crowds anywhere close to this year's crowds. I don't know what is going on with the large crowds, but it did make Disney much less magical. We also had rain almost everyday, which further added to the misery!

We were there the same time and I thought it wasn't too bad. However I am comparing it to DLR in August (never again) and WDW on Christmas Day. The trip on the first week of June I never waited more than 45 minutes for a ride except Toy Story Midway Mania.

We went the First Week in May, for my Wife 23 Wedding Anniversity wait time less than 30 minute last day we were there school was on Friday ,wait changed to 60/90 minutes !!!!:cool1::cool2:pixiedust::dance3:

During out first week at Disney (around the 28th of May), the standby line for TT was all the way back to the Electric Umbrella by 9:30 am. They also had put up new waiting lines outside that I had never seen before. It was insane. It was the longest standby line for TT that we had every seen in our 25+ trips.

May 30th through June 8th was more crowded then we expected, but I'm sure it's worse this week. I'm glad we went last week. Star Wars weekends is a given for crowds. Mk, epcot and ak were pretty full by 11am the days we went. Typhoon lagoon was crowded too. Spending 1-1/2 days at Vero in the middle was a nice break.

This is my 11th visit to WDW and I have never ever seen it this crowded. Still love it here but it's hard to accomplish anything...even getting to parks early. Lines are long and rides are constantly breaking down. It has been somewhat less than magical....and I'm not a negative person in anyway! Just waited two hours for Soarin, =(. We were here in July last summer and it was not like this at all. I will avoid visiting in summer from now on.

Yup! Last May when we went, it was so crowded at Magic Kingdom, that we left and tried a different day. It certainly does make it less than magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter