Here Now-Anytime fastpass for rain SDMT (June 6th)

Kamy04

Mouseketeer
We are at MK. We have a FP tonight for SDMT. It may rain/storm.

I know they issue anytime FP if a ride is closed, but is SDMT excluded? Even if my FP is for SDMT? My boys have been talking about riding it all day and would be so bummed!

Same with Test Track...does the anytime FP include that if that’s what our FP was for? Another one they are dying to go on. The forecast kinda sucks this week. Hoping it changes.

The last time I got an anytime FP due to SDMT being down, it did indeed exclude SDMT, so I went and used it for Space Mountain. I can't speak to Test Track though.

Last time we went we used our Anytime Fastpass on Test Track. We had gotten ours after our Fantasmic showing we had a fastpass for was rained out.

Uuuuuugh. Lol. That’s what I was afraid of. Seems lame. I’m sure they have a way of looking up that your FP was for that ride.

Unless it changed, this is from my TT email from the summer of ‘17
You are now eligible for one (1) of the following options:

OPTION 1:
If Test Track becomes available later, you may visit this experience any time from 11:35 AM on 07/14/2017 through the end of normal attraction operating hours.

—OR—

OPTION 2:

As a replacement to your FastPass+ selection for Test Track, you may instead visit one (1) of the following FastPass+experiences anytime from 11:35 AM on 07/14/2017 through the end of normal attraction operating hours.

Experiences​
Spaceship Earth
The Seas with Nemo & Friends
Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
Turtle Talk With Crush
Living with the Land
Journey Into Imagination With Figment
Soarin'
Test Track
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot

Last edited:
We are at MK. We have a FP tonight for SDMT. It may rain/storm.

I know they issue anytime FP if a ride is closed, but is SDMT excluded? Even if my FP is for SDMT? My boys have been talking about riding it all day and would be so bummed!

Same with Test Track...does the anytime FP include that if that’s what our FP was for? Another one they are dying to go on. The forecast kinda sucks this week. Hoping it changes.

The following is from the FP FAQ, Post #2. I am not aware of any change.
- If an attraction is closed temporarily due to weather or technical issues during a guest’s scheduled FP window, the FP can be used for that same attraction at any time for the remainder of the day (assuming it reopens). In addition, the FP can be used for specific other attractions (located in the same park) for the remainder of the day. CMs at the affected attraction can provide a list and MDX may send an email to the MDX account holder to alert them of their options.

The above is correct. IF your original FP was for SDMT, you can use the fast pass on SDMT anytime the rest of the day if the ride comes back up. Or you can use it on another ride.

If you would get an anytime FP for Splash Mountain being closed, for instance, you cannot use that one on SDMT since it is excluded.

Last summer we had really bizarre, spotty and intense rain all day. We ended up with 11 Anytime FPs in one day, including ones for the cancellation of SDMT and Splash. We could always use it for the ride it was cancelled for, and the wording in the FP in MDE said so. Other anytime FPs, like from cancellations at Tomorrowland Speedway and Dumbo, did exclude SDMT and Splash.

Yes we were there yesterday and 7D was rained out and our email said we could use our fast pass for anything or it if it opens. We went to use it for that ride when we found it open only to have it close again when we were close to badging in. We ended up using it for Space mtn

We were at MK last week. Our 7DMT FP turned into an anytime FP due to rain. Once it reopened later in the day we were able to use it for 7DMT. I did hear someone else say that they tried to use the anytime FP from Splash closing on 7DMT and that wasn't allowed.

The last time I got an anytime FP due to SDMT being down, it did indeed exclude SDMT, so I went and used it for Space Mountain. I can't speak to Test Track though.
You had to have had a mix up
A replacement FP for a ride that is down never excludes the ride the FP was originally issued for
If you hold a FP for 7D and it is down during your FP hour and they issue an anytime that FP will be good for 7D for all day. You can choose to wait on that ride or use it on any other ride from the replacement list. This is also how it will work for all rides, FoP, Slinky, FEA, etc. They don't however, include these rides when other rides go down in the respective parks. It's only if you had that specific ride

This happened to us (rainout on SDMT), but we WERE ABLE to use the anytime FP on SDMT once it reopened!

You had to have had a mix up
A replacement FP for a ride that is down never excludes the ride the FP was originally issued for
If you hold a FP for 7D and it is down during your FP hour and they issue an anytime that FP will be good for 7D for all day. You can choose to wait on that ride or use it on any other ride from the replacement list. This is also how it will work for all rides, FoP, Slinky, FEA, etc. They don't however, include these rides when other rides go down in the respective parks. It's only if you had that specific ride
You know what, now that you've gotten me to reflect, I know what happened; 7DMT went down late at night before closing. My options were to use it the following day or ride a different ride that evening. I chose to ride Space Mountain since I didn't want to come back the next day. So, the mix up was in my mind :)

You know what, now that you've gotten me to reflect, I know what happened; 7DMT went down late at night before closing. My options were to use it the following day or ride a different ride that evening. I chose to ride Space Mountain since I didn't want to come back the next day. So, the mix up was in my mind :)
Ah, makes sense.
This brings up something, in case readers are not aware
If your FP is issued during the final hour of the day, and the ride goes down, the replacement FP is going to be different than a replacement FP for any other time that day.
The replacement for a ride during the last hour will not only be good for that day but it will also be good for the next day, at any park.
The reason (I assume) is they don't know for certain which park you plan to head to so they give you a FP that you can use anywhere.
I am not as familiar with exclusions on this FP. I'm sure it will exclude the usual suspects at the other parks but I am not sure how it would work for the ride that it was originally issued for. Like, if you had a FP for Slinky and it was down during the final hour that night. Would the replacement be valid for Slinky on the next day also? Along with most rides at other parks?

Ah, makes sense.
This brings up something, in case readers are not aware
If your FP is issued during the final hour of the day, and the ride goes down, the replacement FP is going to be different than a replacement FP for any other time that day.
The replacement for a ride during the last hour will not only be good for that day but it will also be good for the next day, at any park.
The reason (I assume) is they don't know for certain which park you plan to head to so they give you a FP that you can use anywhere.
I am not as familiar with exclusions on this FP. I'm sure it will exclude the usual suspects at the other parks but I am not sure how it would work for the ride that it was originally issued for. Like, if you had a FP for Slinky and it was down during the final hour that night. Would the replacement be valid for Slinky on the next day also? Along with most rides at other parks?

It will vary depending on which ride you had a FP for. I've had a FOP go Anytime and it allowed for anything except TSL rides, ToT, and FEA. I recently had a Test Track FP go Anytime during the last hour and it couldn't be used on AS2, FOP, FEA, Navi, ROL, PPF, Mickey Minnie M&G, 7DMT, SDD, or ToT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter