Since there are no longer Minnie Vans, is it hard to get an Uber or Lyft with a child seat at the resorts? Considering for HS of course, not sure how the bus from WL would be that day. But we also might want to do the Fantasia mini-golf on our day off.

Yes! There is mobile order at the Boardwalk Bakery. We made an order then took a Lyft to the Boardwalk. Security did let us in and we had a nice breakfast and a nice walk to HS. Got on MMRR by 9:30
hummmmmm…… This is a very possible idea.

Is there still a disabled pass area? I thought that was no longer a thing at Disney World? But we are seen several several several families going through the Fastpass line and being told it's for disabled this guess past

Is there still a disabled pass area? I thought that was no longer a thing at Disney World? But we are seen several several several families going through the Fastpass line and being told it's for disabled this guess past
Disney eliminated their old GAC system, and replaced it with the current DAS system.

Guests no longer receive disability assistance access when they exclusively have mobility issues, as (almost) all lines are wheelchair accessible.

Guests who are using the current DAS system still wait for the posted wait time, but they don’t do so in line. Once that time had passed, they return to the attraction and enter a shorter line.

The disABILITIES section of disboards has a lot of valuable information for those families who need to use the DAS.

We tried that or first HS day and only barely made it into the park before 10.
Ya. We r staying at BWV and left our room at 8am sharp. Still had to sit on the concrete, in the sun in the holding area until 9am. Then they took us to a second holding area at the temp check tent and waited there, in the sun for ages before they started that line moving. Not sure this trick gains you anything.

Break mid-day for Skyliner? This looks like something we want to do as we want to try this out - where did you go?
We took the Skyliner over to Epcot. Would have walked to the Boardwalk for a treat but were close to our RoTR callback so we just went straight back to the park. It was a fun, relaxing and quick break.

You can, but you have to wait until they open the parking lots. If you go to a resort that you can walk from you can get to the park earlier.
Unless something has changed, you can't get a rideshare or taxi directly to MK. You'll be dropped off at the TTC and will have to take the ferry or monorail from there. But I believe you can get a rideshare or cab to the other 3 parks. My information is from December, however, so perhaps things have changed.

ETA: The trick to MK is to get your cab to drop you off near the Contemporary. There are threads where this is discussed. I've never done it myself, so can't advise.

Unless something has changed, you can't get a rideshare or taxi directly to MK. You'll be dropped off at the TTC and will have to take the ferry or monorail from there. But I believe you can get a rideshare or cab to the other 3 parks. My information is from December, however, so perhaps things have changed.

ETA: The trick to MK is to get your cab to drop you off near the Contemporary. There are threads where this is discussed. I've never done it myself, so can't advise.
Correct. There was someone who posted within the past week or so that was dropped off outside the security gates of the Contemporary, on the side of the road, then walked to MK. I've seen people talking about this for a while, but it's a newer strategy to get dropped off near the Boardwalk to walk to HS to get there before BGs open.

We took a rideshare to TTC and then took a bus (when our Lyft driver recommended)...it was much faster than waiting on the monorail or ferry to MK

I’ve never stayed at the Contemporary, but I find it crazy that they haven’t set up a true “line” for that stop yet. When the Skyliner went down at Pop and we had to take a bus, the que was quickly formed and due to the barriers there was no skipping line. I’m sorry for you that it doesn’t work like that there!
What about walking to the MK buses and taking a bus back to Boardwalk that is dropping off at MK? I realize that may not be the normal method, but I would assume that if someone was staying at Boardwalk and forgot umbrella/sunglasses, etc that somewhere along the way there would be a bus going back to the resort? I realize this isn’t the conventional method but might be an option.
None of the deluxe or moderates have actual bus lines. I wish they did though.

We have airline tickets booked for Nov.5-10. Reluctant to go with the reduced park hours. Is this a valid concern or can we do all we need to do?

It could work, but I don't know how much time that will take. We found the bus stop at the Contemporary odd also. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's and were going to Epcot. We were super early for the Epcot bus and weren't really sure how things were working with no queues. There were 2 cast members there and they approached us and asked where we were going and wrote it down. By the time the bus arrived there were others also going and they put us on first, so they do keep track of who was there first. I think it would be a lot easier for the cast members if they simply had queues for people to line up.
How crazy was it and what time did you get there? We are going to HS with a 10AM opening. My FIL is in a scooter. We were thinking if we got there by 8/830 latest we would get one of the first buses if they are still coming an hour before park opening.

How are the waits for lines. Since Labor Day I have been watching the wait times at all the parks and they seem high. Are the actual waits true to what’s posted?

We have airline tickets booked for Nov.5-10. Reluctant to go with the reduced park hours. Is this a valid concern or can we do all we need to do?
I was concerned, too. On Sat Sept 12 I was in DHS and it was about as busy as I have ever seen it. Very long waits for everything but I did all I needed to do.
The rest of the trip (Sept 8 to 15) the parks felt nearly empty. Did everything in MK easily and most things 2 or three times. Even Mine Train.

No way to know how Nov. will be. But I think you'll be able to do all you need to do.

How are the waits for lines. Since Labor Day I have been watching the wait times at all the parks and they seem high. Are the actual waits true to what’s posted?

Many reports on here are that unless you hit a cleaning cycle, wait times are usually less than what is posted. That has been my experience too. The red lanyards that are used to measure wait times to keep them accurate are, of course, not being used. Cleaning cycles are about every two hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts