How are the waits for lines. Since Labor Day I have been watching the wait times at all the parks and they seem high. Are the actual waits true to what’s posted?

With the exception of the Carousel (NEVER AGAIN) all wait times were less than posted. 7DMT was about 5-10 mins shorter and all other rides were about 50-75% of the posted time (so on average 15-20 minutes). In DHS Slinky was posted 55, waited 35. It really does go pretty fast.

someone asked about getting dropped off at Contemporary and walking over to MK in the morning.
We did that for our MK morning and our Uber driver said that if we just were trying to use it for the walkway, he would advise that we go to the TTC. As the security guard may ask questions and not let us in. (which honestly who cares we probably would've just got out at that moment and started walking over)
I asked 'my dad is eating breakfast at Chef Mickey's and would like to meet us for the walk over, is that allowed?' and he said he will try.

when we got to the security the uber driver showed his ID and said he was dropping off for breakfast. the security guard had him roll down his windows to see us and cleared us to go through. no other questions asked.

unsure if we kind of cheated the system, but we were a little stressed doing so. our uber driver said a few times 'i hope they don't ask to see your reservation' which didn't help...

but the night prior we had dinner at Cali Grille and got dropped off VIA uber and our driver didn't even say we had dinner...that guard didn't ask any questions.

unsure if it's just by chance of who is working but while we were walking on the pathway we saw an uber immediately get through security, do a U turn, drop people off at the walking path and head out

whereas the one evening upon returning from Pop, the worker scanned our magic band and said 'we hope you enjoyed california grille!" and my boyfriend was SO CONFUSED and thought he was a mind reader. it was a bit comical

How crazy was it and what time did you get there? We are going to HS with a 10AM opening. My FIL is in a scooter. We were thinking if we got there by 8/830 latest we would get one of the first buses if they are still coming an hour before park opening.

I think our breakfast reservation was 8:05, so maybe 45 minutes later we went out and sat on a bench waiting for the Epcot bus. There were a lot of people going to HS and AK and the buses were coming one after the other.

Since there are no longer Minnie Vans, is it hard to get an Uber or Lyft with a child seat at the resorts? Considering for HS of course, not sure how the bus from WL would be that day. But we also might want to do the Fantasia mini-golf on our day off.

my understanding is that Lyft never had child seats. uber has categories (Uber X Car Seat and Uber XL Car Seat)for cars with child seats, the uber will only have 1 and there won’t necessarily be a car available in those categories when you want one. Some people bring portable child seats so they can go in a regular Uber or a Lyft.

We are driving and staying at Poly in Dec so will have our car. From what I’m reading, we may not want to drive ourselves to the parks because by the time they open the parking lots, there is already a long line to get in from resort bus drop offs? Is this for every park or just HS?

Last edited:

someone asked about getting dropped off at Contemporary and walking over to MK in the morning.
We did that for our MK morning and our Uber driver said that if we just were trying to use it for the walkway, he would advise that we go to the TTC. As the security guard may ask questions and not let us in. (which honestly who cares we probably would've just got out at that moment and started walking over)
I asked 'my dad is eating breakfast at Chef Mickey's and would like to meet us for the walk over, is that allowed?' and he said he will try.

when we got to the security the uber driver showed his ID and said he was dropping off for breakfast. the security guard had him roll down his windows to see us and cleared us to go through. no other questions asked.

unsure if we kind of cheated the system, but we were a little stressed doing so. our uber driver said a few times 'i hope they don't ask to see your reservation' which didn't help...

but the night prior we had dinner at Cali Grille and got dropped off VIA uber and our driver didn't even say we had dinner...that guard didn't ask any questions.

unsure if it's just by chance of who is working but while we were walking on the pathway we saw an uber immediately get through security, do a U turn, drop people off at the walking path and head out
Most of the people that I've seen post about getting dropped off at the Contemporary are getting dropped off outside of the security guard gate, so they don't have to say why they are there. Just getting out at that intersection where you turn into the actual hotel parking lot instead of going all the way in.

With the exception of the Carousel (NEVER AGAIN) all wait times were less than posted. 7DMT was about 5-10 mins shorter and all other rides were about 50-75% of the posted time (so on average 15-20 minutes). In DHS Slinky was posted 55, waited 35. It really does go pretty fast.

omg that carousel line! We rode it for the first time ever Sunday before Labor Day and the wait was much much longer than posted and they weren’t cleaning or anything! My daughter had carousel ears because she loved them and all the CM complimented them but that wait! Then the CM put us in the row behind the people in line in front of us and my daughter picked the horse she liked best in that row and after we got on our horses I noticed she had Cinderella’s horse. She was so happy. We don’t know if it was the magic of the ears or the CM purposely put us in that row. But that line! It was so bad

Fourth day at WDW yesterday - Epcot (again)

Once again it hit home to me what a different kind of trip this was. For the first time ever at Disney, I had been waking up well before my alarm. Rope drop at 11:00 am is a new experience for this Disney vet. That said, it’s wonderful to savor a leisurely shower and enjoy some extended coffee and breakfast time on the balcony before hitting the parks.

I arrived at the IG right at 10:30, and the line for the temp check extended back to about the level of the Skyliner. A steady stream of people were deboarding there and joining it. The line moved quickly, and the CMs had to keep encouraging people to move along. One nice thing about the temp check is that it regulates the inflow of people, and decreases the clusters at security and the entrance tapstyles.

For the record, my body temp normally runs a little warmer than average, and I passed the temp checks every time, even after walking over from the YC In the heat of the day. Maybe wearing a hat helped.

Getting through the entrance procedure was quick and easy, and I was able to get to the Land pavilion and queue up for Soarin’ by 10:45. There were already a number of people in line, which extended to this point:

Soarin‘ must not start early, because the line was stationary for a good ten minutes. When we did move, it went quickly enough. I think we were the second group to enter our theater. At this time they were loading two groups per row, leaving the center section between the clear partitions open. I lucked out today and was in B2, so got a perfect ride and the Eiffel Tower was almost straight!

It was probably about 11:15 when I headed over to The Seas. Nemo was a walk-on, but what I really wanted was to see the exhibits and main tank. They were much less buy at this time of day than when I tried earlier in the week in the mid-afternoon. It was usually possible to keep six feet of distance and still see the tanks. The main tank observation area (the smaller circular area down the tank corridor) was patrolled by a couple of CMs who tried to encourage distancing and to keep people moving along. Most people were conscientious, but there were a few who either stayed a while at the best views, or who decided not to wait and exited by walking past the people at the glass, within six feet because only the lowest lane is open. Encounters with those people were very brief. I think they really need to open one of the upper lanes as an optional exit here. I did have to bypass one family who was not moving from their spot. Between the ride and the exhibits, I was in the pavilion just over 30 minutes.

WS was next. The promenade was a little busier than Tuesday, with lines of 5+ people already starting to form at the booths closer to Future World. Mexico had about eight parties in line so I bypassed it.

Frozen was open, and at 12:00 it had a posted wait of 20 minutes. The line stretched this far when I entered (the people are all off to the left winding around the little grove of trees:

Actual wait time was 16 minutes. People stayed well spaced, and there were CMs stationed at the blind turns to let people know when they could proceed around the corner. Our boat had two parties in it, me in the front seat and a small family farther back. We got splashed a little, but it felt good! By the time I exited, the wait had climbed to 30 minutes and the line stretched to the promenade.

It was time for lunch, so I hit the food booth in China and spent some time shopping and taking pictures in the pavilion, which was still very quiet. Then I headed back to Mexico and grabbed a Margarita at Choza, where I was again the second party in line. The picnic tables along the lagoon behind the East Kiosk were again completely empty. I’m amazed that this place is such a secret. Even in the sun, the breeze off the lagoon is wonderful and very comfortable, and the view can’t be beat.

Though the promenade was getting busier, in most places it was easy enough to distance. However, there are bottlenecks particularly at Mexico, and in the opposite area near Starbucks, Citrus Blossom, and Hawaii. With the restrooms being right there, it is impossible to get through while distancing. In those spots you will probably pass within 3 feet of others for a short stretch, but not shoulder bumping. Fortunately, you can pass through those spots quickly enough unless you want to stop.

Spent the early afternoon noshing around the World. Lines at the popular booths like Canada and France were getting into the 10-marker range. Others like Germany were shorter, or maybe I just hit it at a good time. And the Bier stand was open today! I wasn’t on Monday or Tuesday, so this was a welcome sight. Here is the back courtyard at Germany at 2:00:

The line at Hops & Barley was a little bit insane at 3:30. It was too long to count - yes, all those people are in line! I scrapped the idea of a carrot cake for dessert.

The funnel cake stand, on the other hand, only had one person in line, so a street corn funnel cake became my snack instead. The Jammitors were just starting a set at America Gardens, bonus. This is where some of my luck ran out. After three songs, the Jammitors thanked the crowd and left. “Shortest set ever,” I thought. Turns out they knew something, and the skies opened up shortly after. Those people in line at Hops & Barley were definitely getting wet! There was some shelter under the theater awning, enough to stay put and eat what I wanted of the funnel cake. Then, at what probably would have been the end of the set, the recording came on to clear the theater, and the custodial CMs shooed everyone out. So out came the poncho and I headed back to the YC for a break.

By 5:00 the rain had cleared up except for a few friendly drops. It appeared that a lot of park guests had toughed it out, because the line at the France booth was still ten markers deep when I returned to the park.

Spent the rest of the evening until close walking around World Showcase, grabbing a couple of snacks, and catching the last set of Mariache Cobre. I have a strong musical background and am always impressed by how talented these guys are. It’s not easy to be that good!

Again, the crowd thinned considerably after 6:00, and the lines at Canada and France dropped back down to five or so. The lines I joined all moved quickly.

Between Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, Thursday was definitely the busiest at Epcot, especially WS. Not sure if crowds are picking up overall, or if they are just higher closer to the weekend. I was still able to do the higher-demand items with less than 20-minute waits and acceptable distancing during the first and last hours, though I didn’t try to get in Test Track this trip. Even at the busiest times, it was possible to find quiet, well-spaced areas to enjoy, and maybe see some new and beautiful things. However, you may need to leave the main walkways do it. Look for the areas further back in the pavilions, like the gardens in Britain, China, Canada, and Japan, and the shops and back streets in Morocco. Also, when crossing between FW and WS, the path from Imagination to the WS promenade is very congested thanks to Starbucks, some food booths, and the restrooms being located there. It’s much easier to maintain spacing on the center spine walkway or the walkway on the Test Track side that passes by the Odyssey building.

This was the end of my last park day at Disney 😭 so I drowned my sorrows with one last La Vie en Rose before returning to the YC.

Tomorrow: Magical Express and Orlando Airport

Attachments

• C44DD8E1-73BF-4656-8298-7746624BFF52.jpeg
    C44DD8E1-73BF-4656-8298-7746624BFF52.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 17
  • D504956B-9689-423C-8CFE-747DB157C7AE.jpeg
    D504956B-9689-423C-8CFE-747DB157C7AE.jpeg
    71.9 KB · Views: 16
Departure Day - Magical Express and Orlando Airport

My Southwest flight was scheduled to leave MCO at 11:25, and I was given a Magical Express pickup time of 8:25. There was one other person waiting at the YC stop when the bus arrived around 8:20. Once again I wore a KN95 mask and eye protection for the entire trip.

It was a regular ME bus and driver. He did not assign seats, but the passengers seemed to be distancing themselves in the same manner that we boarded at the airport, with empty rows between and staggered rows side to side. I chose a seat in the same pattern. There was still a sizable empty section in the back, but no on seemed to want to go back that far. I thought perhaps there would be one more stop, but YC was the last, so all those empty seats were a lost opportunity, lol.

I’m so glad we had a regular ME driver. Ours was funny and he kept us laughing during the sad trip back to MCO. We arrived in good time and I headed up to level 3 to check my bag. The area around Southwest ticketing allows for spacing, but just barely. A tip is to keep walking all the way to the left and past the more crowded section of kiosks. There are plenty more further down where it is easier to physcally distance.

The security line was nonexistent at 9:15 am. I was third in line to the TSA ID check. The line to the scanning conveyor took a little longer, but fortunately lacked the convoluted twists that it sometimes had pre-Covid.

I was one of the first passengers to the gate, so spacing was very good at first. As it filled in, people did try to keep a chair or two between them, but there was still not 6-foot distancing between everyone in the area. Luckily no one sat that close to me, but there were a couple of empty gates nearby I could have hopped over to if necessary.

The flight itself was filled to Southwest’s capacity, leaving middle seats open. They boarded in groups of ten to prevent congestion, but a few people congregated up by the head of the line anyway. Fortunately you can pass by them very quickly when your boarding position is called.

I was A46, which was early enough to get a window seat. My row mate turned out to be a gentleman who was a nose-peeker. At takeoff I did ask him nicely (I hope!) if he could pull his mask over his nose. He was very nice about it, and asked if I minded if he drank his soda during the flight. I said no, but I would appreciate it if he would pull his mask back up when he was done. He was great for the rest of the flight. So I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask nicely if you feel you have to.

The rest of the trip was blissfully uneventful. Vacation is wonderful, especially a Disney vacation, but there is no place like home. I’m glad to be sitting here in my own living room watching our high school football live stream with my husband and son. ❤❤

Overall, this was a great trip and I’m very glad I went! Of course, everything carried a risk for Covid, but I think Disney is handling things very well, all things considered. Going on an indoor ride at Disney felt MUCH more comfortable to me than the local post office or DMV, where only about 40% of people are distancing and wearing masks. I will be keeping myself away from others for a couple of weeks now for good measure.

I’m looking forward to going back to WDW the third week of November and hopefully visiting MK, and maybe even HS if they can bring back the live shows. It will be interesting to experience firsthand how Disney handles the Holidays - I’m sure it will be fun and festive, although in a different way.

Until then — Au Revoir, Walt Disney World! M-I-C, See you real soon! K-E-Y, Why? Because I LIKE you! (And want another trip on my AP!)

Last edited:
I’ve never stayed at the Contemporary, but I find it crazy that they haven’t set up a true “line” for that stop yet. When the Skyliner went down at Pop and we had to take a bus, the que was quickly formed and due to the barriers there was no skipping line. I’m sorry for you that it doesn’t work like that there!
What about walking to the MK buses and taking a bus back to Boardwalk that is dropping off at MK? I realize that may not be the normal method, but I would assume that if someone was staying at Boardwalk and forgot umbrella/sunglasses, etc that somewhere along the way there would be a bus going back to the resort? I realize this isn’t the conventional method but might be an option.

It's always been a mess at Contempo. I don't usually have problems, but I will speak up for my family and for others about who's turn it is next. I also have very pointy elbows ;)

The main tank observation area (the smaller circular area down the tank corridor) was patrolled by a couple of CMs who tried to encourage distancing and to keep people moving along. Most people were conscientious, but there were a few who either stayed a while at the best views, or who decided not to wait and exited by walking past the people at the glass, within six feet because only the lowest lane is open.

I'm glad to hear that Disney is addressing this area by having CM's stationed there. None were around when we were in that area the Sunday of LBD weekend and it was crowded with no distancing. Definitely made me uncomfortable so we didn't spend too long looking in the tank.

After reading bunches of posts, the bottom line so far has been

1. Weekends are more busy
2. The parks are getting more full as we move from July
3. People are reporting riding everything they want, many of them multiple times
3a. They leave before the park closing time
3b. This includes being willing to wait in lines that can run an hour - and still cover all the rides (and they don’t seem to be fazed by that long a wait! I am used to FP wait times. Makes me think they are enjoying themselves - and that is in FL summer heat)
4. Parks open up to an hour (or maybe 30 minutes) before official times, wherein you can get on at least one ride in most parks with little or no wait.

I’m doing six days starting Sunday and then five Nov 7. I’m looking forward to experiencing it and comparing the two weeks - and versus my three parks in one day visit in January.

Can you be happy if you can’t do everything at the Happiest Place?

And remember, no shows, parades or fireworks to take up time.

What are the odds they‘d let us park at Boardwalk if we mobile ordered?
You can park there to pick up your mobile order but not for the day. Any guests driving to a resort for dining (Table or QS) are supposed to remove their vehicle from the resort lot after dining.

Departure Day - Magical Express and Orlando Airport

My Southwest flight was scheduled to leave MCO at 11:25, and I was given a Magical Express pickup time of 8:25. There was one other person waiting at the YC stop when the bus arrived around 8:20. Once again I wore a KN95 mask and eye protection for the entire trip.

It was a regular ME bus and driver. He did not assign seats, but the passengers seemed to be distancing themselves in the same manner that we boarded at the airport, with empty rows between and staggered rows side to side. I chose a seat in the same pattern. There was still a sizable empty section in the back, but no on seemed to want to go back that far. I thought perhaps there would be one more stop, but YC was the last, so all those empty seats were a lost opportunity, lol.

I’m so glad we had a regular ME driver. Ours was funny and he kept us laughing during the sad trip back to MCO. We arrived in good time and I headed up to level 3 to check my bag. The area around Southwest ticketing allows for spacing, but just barely. A tip is to keep walking all the way to the left and past the more crowded section of kiosks. There are plenty more further down where it is easier to physcally distance.

The security line was nonexistent at 9:15 am. I was third in line to the TSA ID check. The line to the scanning conveyor took a little longer, but fortunately lacked the convoluted twists that it sometimes had pre-Covid.

I was one of the first passengers to the gate, so spacing was very good at first. As it filled in, people did try to keep a chair or two between them, but there was still not 6-foot distancing between everyone in the area. Luckily no one sat that close to me, but there were a couple of empty gates nearby I could have hopped over to if necessary.

The flight itself was filled to Southwest’s capacity, leaving middle seats open. They boarded in groups of ten to prevent congestion, but a few people congregated up by the head of the line anyway. Fortunately you can pass by them very quickly when your boarding position is called.

I was A46, which was early enough to get a window seat. My row mate turned out to be a gentleman who was a nose-peeker. At takeoff I did ask him nicely (I hope!) if he could pull his mask over his nose. He was very nice about it, and asked if I minded if he drank his soda during the flight. I said no, but I would appreciate it if he would pull his mask back up when he was done. He was great for the rest of the flight. So I guess it doesn’t hurt to ask nicely if you feel you have to.

The rest of the trip was blissfully uneventful. Vacation is wonderful, especially a Disney vacation, but there is no place like home. I’m glad to be sitting here in my own living room watching our high school football live stream with my husband and son. ❤❤

Overall, this was a great trip and I’m very glad I went! Of course, everything carried a risk for Covid, but I think Disney is handling things very well, all things considered. Going on an indoor ride at Disney felt MUCH more comfortable to me than the local post office or DMV, where only about 40% of people are distancing and wearing masks. I will be keeping myself away from others for a couple of weeks now for good measure.

I’m looking forward to going back to WDW the third week of November and hopefully visiting MK, and maybe even HS if they can bring back the live shows. It will be interesting to experience firsthand how Disney handles the Holidays - I’m sure it will be fun and festive, although in a different way.

Until then — Au Revoir, Walt Disney World! M-I-C, See you real soon! K-E-Y, Why? Because I LIKE you! (And want another trip on my AP!)

we were on that same southwest flight and same time ME bus to airport. Almost the exact identical situation. I thought people at MCO crowded the boarding area much more than people in CMH. No one did on our early flight out of Columbus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter