Thanks to all for your sharing your recent experiences! Anyone out there who stayed recently at CR/BLT? We will be there in early December and I'm curious about your experience with Disney transportation. Obviously we have the option of walking over to MK but what about reliability of buses to the other three parks? How early are they running prior to posted park opening?

Thanks to all for your sharing your recent experiences! Anyone out there who stayed recently at CR/BLT? We will be there in early December and I'm curious about your experience with Disney transportation. Obviously we have the option of walking over to MK but what about reliability of buses to the other three parks? How early are they running prior to posted park opening?

im at the BLT as we speak. It’s been pretty good.

bus to Disney Springs on Sat evening was a 5 min wait and same on way back.

took it to DHS this morning. Got there 9:15 and three buses turn up and got on the first and got to DHS at 9:45. No issues at all.

On way back there was about a 15 minute wait. Maybe in part to its been hammering down today.

What has changed?

What is better?

what is worse?

What change is there that you were pleasantly surprised did not effect your vacation?

Transportation question...

we are staying at the cabins In Jan (10-16). We have a car and can drive to the parks. Trying to plan he best way possible.

Thinking about HS and Epcot specifically. from everything I am reading by the time they open up the parking lot and cars can come in, the other modes of transportation are beating the drivers to the ticket and security gate. Meaning, no matter how early I want to get there to be ahead of the crowds, if I drive it might be for nothing. I am seeing the major ride jump to well over an hour in under the first minute. My hope is to not spend The first hour of my party day waiting in line.

One suggestion I have been hearing is to Uber from the resort (mine is fort wilderness) to somewhere close to Hollywood studios and Epcot, and then walk. The walkers are seeming to have the time advantage of lining up first. Is this correct? If so can someone help me outline how to do this? Where should we Uber to? Any details we need to be ready for, plan for? Any thoughts?

I am happing spending $30 if that can give me a jump start on the day.

Transportation question...

we are staying at the cabins In Jan (10-16). We have a car and can drive to the parks. Trying to plan he best way possible.

Thinking about HS and Epcot specifically. from everything I am reading by the time they open up the parking lot and cars can come in, the other modes of transportation are beating the drivers to the ticket and security gate. Meaning, no matter how early I want to get there to be ahead of the crowds, if I drive it might be for nothing. I am seeing the major ride jump to well over an hour in under the first minute. My hope is to not spend The first hour of my party day waiting in line.

One suggestion I have been hearing is to Uber from the resort (mine is fort wilderness) to somewhere close to Hollywood studios and Epcot, and then walk. The walkers are seeming to have the time advantage of lining up first. Is this correct? If so can someone help me outline how to do this? Where should we Uber to? Any details we need to be ready for, plan for? Any thoughts?

I am happing spending $30 if that can give me a jump start on the day.

This is correct. You can Uber to the Speedway gas station, the Boardwalk, or the Swan and take the walking path to DHS. It will get you into line before busses, skyway or driving on your own. For a 10a opening last week, we were dropped off at Speedway around 8, bought some waters, and walked over. We were in line at 8:22, held there until 8:45 when we were moved to temp check. Held there until exactly 9, and in the park and 6th in line for MMRR at 9:04. If you are looking to rope drop it is 100% the best plan. By the time we were moved to temp check there were 300+ people behind us.

This is correct. You can Uber to the Speedway gas station, the Boardwalk, or the Swan and take the walking path to DHS. It will get you into line before busses, skyway or driving on your own. For a 10a opening last week, we were dropped off at Speedway around 8, bought some waters, and walked over. We were in line at 8:22, held there until 8:45 when we were moved to temp check. Held there until exactly 9, and in the park and 6th in line for MMRR at 9:04. If you are looking to rope drop it is 100% the best plan. By the time we were moved to temp check there were 300+ people behind us.

we have 3 kids, ds13,ds11, dd6. What is the walk like to get from the speedway to the walkway itself? Is it safe For walking with kids?

For those who stayed somewhere other than a value resort, what is the queue situation at the bus depots? We're staying at CBR and have no issue getting to the bus depot early to catch the MK or AK bus, but I know pre-Covid there were no formal queues and it was always a bit of a free-for-all with people crowding when a bus pulled up and few people respecting who was there first. Is this being managed at the bus depots at the resorts or is it important to stand right where the bus doors typically open (and then just step back if the bus you don't want pulls up first)?
Still no ques... for the most part ppl are pretty good about letting those who got there first go first, but it does get very crowded and can be a bit confusing.

we have 3 kids, ds13,ds11, dd6. What is the walk like to get from the speedway to the walkway itself? Is it safe For walking with kids?
I recommend going on Google map, input the speedway and then select the streetview so you can see for yourself, it's well lit and paved

Reading these posts has me making a decision to Uber/Lyft from SSR to Epcot and AK next month. I want to be standing waiting to get in 70-80 minutes prior to opening.

Does Uber/Lyft drop us right off in the parking area of above parks? We are six adults and no problems with walking.

Thanks.

Anyone know what time they let cars into magic kingdom in the morning?

We left Beach Club Villas at 8:01 this morning. We were in line to park at Magic Kingdom around 8:10. They started letting people drive to park about 8:15. They split the lanes, because they were painting in the two middle lanes of the gate entrance. This really slowed things down and the right lanes were extremely slow while the left lanes seem to go pretty fast. After parking and temp/security checks we on the monorail at 8:57. We got in the park just after 9.

I'm a little late to the game - going next week and have all my park reservations/ADRs, etc., but haven't been on this forum in a while. What time would you recommend getting to each park in the morning to be at the front of the pack - especially since it seems like a while before opening according to posts above? Have some attractions been operating consistently before park opening (I saw TT was at Epcot most days)? I'll be staying at Poly Villas and Boardwalk Villas.

we took a Lyft (staying offsite) and were in line to enter Epcot at 10:10. They let us in at 10:15. We were dropped off went through security and temp checks and entrance all with no wait. We made a beeline straight to TT and walked through and were not far from the front of the line. the ride stared around 10:45. We were off in five min. We had a great day Even with the rain. Rode TT and Soaring twice.

I'm a little late to the game - going next week and have all my park reservations/ADRs, etc., but haven't been on this forum in a while. What time would you recommend getting to each park in the morning to be at the front of the pack - especially since it seems like a while before opening according to posts above? Have some attractions been operating consistently before park opening (I saw TT was at Epcot most days)? I'll be staying at Poly Villas and Boardwalk Villas.
For HS and Epcot I'd start walking from the Boardwalk Villas 70 minutes before park opening. If your group are slow walkers maybe a little earlier.

Reading these posts has me making a decision to Uber/Lyft from SSR to Epcot and AK next month. I want to be standing waiting to get in 70-80 minutes prior to opening.

Does Uber/Lyft drop us right off in the parking area of above parks? We are six adults and no problems with walking.

Thanks.
Parking lots don't open until at least an hour before the parks open. Some reports have been even later than that, closer to 45 minutes prior, especially at those 2 parks. So you will likely not be able to be able to be standing outside the parks that early.

If you get dropped off at Speedway, you have to cross the street once to get to to the walking path, which at that time of morning is pretty safe with the lack of cars. In total its about 15 minutes and not dangerous at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter