I say it has to be tough in this heat to ask a 2 year old to wear a mask. We were there this weekend and we really didn't see many kids under 4, and to be honest the little ones we did see looked to be doing ok wearing masks remarkably enough. We took our 4 year old godson to RR for the 4th and he will do anything to go-to Disney...so he was good wearing a mask when he was asked to.

I personally would be more worried about the heat than the mask staying on...it is brutal right now for little ones in central Florida. My advice is hydrate the little ones not only when you go, but before you go.

With Mobile order pay, I know that the Disney
Gift Card is now an option to pay. Is there a way to load that up on MDE for food payments to still allow for contactless payment? Can the Disney Visa Rewards Redemption Card also be loaded up in the same way?

I saw a CM ask a child, who was in the 5-6 age range, "pull up your mask sweetie." The kid had the mask below the nose. She asked very nicely and the kid pulled the mask up.
I’d honestly be curious at the 2 year age mark if they know the difference between a 23 month old and a 26 month old.

I’d honestly be curious at the 2 year age mark if they know the difference between a 23 month old and a 26 month old.
I'm assuming no. I mean, how can you know for sure at that age unless you ask the parents?
But if a CM notices a mask around a young child's neck, they'll most likely assume the child's old enough and kindly ask them to wear it properly.

Banking on people assuming your child is young to not bother you is horrible anyway. I get that wearing masks is hard for the younger children, just as many (even older children) have a hard time with some of the other rules right now like social distancing. If your kid isn't capable of following Disney's pandemic park rules, then Disney isn't a good trip for your family to be taking right now.

Is there any parades going on? Star Wars in Hollywood studios specifically? My 6 and 3 year old just got into Star Wars and would love to see the characters around.

Is there any parades going on? Star Wars in Hollywood studios specifically? My 6 and 3 year old just got into Star Wars and would love to see the characters around.
Check out you tube. They are having mini “cavalcades”, basically mini parades that are not scheduled or publicized in order to keep people from congregating together in a tight space to watch a parade.

We are midway thru our trip. Here’s observations to pay it forward for the many tips I’ve seen.
the parks have low crowds, but are not empty anymore. DHS is the main one that feels more crowded than the others.
it’s raining almost everyday. if you can stick it out after the rain, it’s cooler and less crowded. Make dining ressies for around 2 or 3pm. because of the rain, do the outside rides in the morning. We messed that up on our first MK day.

rides will say they have a wait, but the longer times seem like a fake out with a couple of exceptions. RNRC said 55, it was 25. FoP said 25, it was walkon. Smugglers, after 5pm, you can try as many times as you want to get the coaxium.

mobile order, worked fairly well. For cooked food, account for a 10-15 min wait once you hit the “I’m here”.

getting into the park, temp checks are pretty fast, but some are faster than others. In the morning each line has two checkers. Pick the line thats moving faster. Means one of the temp checker is located a little differently (usu outside the tent) and processing people faster. Security lines - short! But people still seem to prefer to queue up when there are lanes with no one there...

my kids really wanted to ride the gondolas, so we took them to riviera to visit our home resort. We were able to walk around the resort and took the open house tour. We have tried visiting the other resorts yet (on the monorail line).

on the resort thread, I know there’s discussion of long elevator waits at the contemporary. Not the case at BLT. Only 2 times have we not been able to get in the elevator.
mask compliance. So far, pretty good. Cases where you see noses, we dont confront, we move away from them. CMs have been remind people to cover up and most comply. Did seem quite a few though that have a mask just for show and have gaps around the nose and cheeks. All three of my boys are wearing and complying. The 6yo needs a reminder after drinking or eating. we also brought a water bottle, that’s helped immensely (we’ve never done that, always used to just stop by a counter) and we order a couple of extra water cups when we eat to fill up the bottle.

Lines— In the lines, we’re a family of 5, we would often take the full space between two markers to give more distance. Also, the line marking are not all 6ft apart from the next one. Some are marked so they’re 6ft from the ones on the other side, which means the ramps may have only 1 marking or none at all. And because we’re all going through standby, its a nice time to enjoy the detail they put in the queue that normally we would miss in the fast pass line.

I was hoping it would be slightly less crowded, but can’t complain too much...

There’s an area in galaxys edge where Rey, Chewie and the storm troopers will show up ( separately).

No parades with sw characters but inside GE you can see chewie, rey and vi moradi on top of the garage by the droid depot and kylo and first order troopers by the tie echelon next to the milk stand, from time to time. No schedules

Masks are required for 2-year olds And reports indicate that they are enforcing it. If your child needs a break, you can sit in the relaxation zone with him until he is ready to put it back up. Make sure to get him a mask that fits properly and have him wear it daily - when watching TV, walking through the neighborhood, playing outside, etc., to get him used to it. Make sure you are often modeling mask-wearing for him. Here is a report I saw last night:

We are midway thru our trip. Here’s observations to pay it forward for the many tips I’ve seen.
the parks have low crowds, but are not empty anymore. DHS is the main one that feels more crowded than the others.
it’s raining almost everyday. if you can stick it out after the rain, it’s cooler and less crowded. Make dining ressies for around 2 or 3pm. because of the rain, do the outside rides in the morning. We messed that up on our first MK day.

rides will say they have a wait, but the longer times seem like a fake out with a couple of exceptions. RNRC said 55, it was 25. FoP said 25, it was walkon. Smugglers, after 5pm, you can try as many times as you want to get the coaxium.

mobile order, worked fairly well. For cooked food, account for a 10-15 min wait once you hit the “I’m here”.

getting into the park, temp checks are pretty fast, but some are faster than others. In the morning each line has two checkers. Pick the line thats moving faster. Means one of the temp checker is located a little differently (usu outside the tent) and processing people faster. Security lines - short! But people still seem to prefer to queue up when there are lanes with no one there...

my kids really wanted to ride the gondolas, so we took them to riviera to visit our home resort. We were able to walk around the resort and took the open house tour. We have tried visiting the other resorts yet (on the monorail line).

on the resort thread, I know there’s discussion of long elevator waits at the contemporary. Not the case at BLT. Only 2 times have we not been able to get in the elevator.
mask compliance. So far, pretty good. Cases where you see noses, we dont confront, we move away from them. CMs have been remind people to cover up and most comply. Did seem quite a few though that have a mask just for show and have gaps around the nose and cheeks. All three of my boys are wearing and complying. The 6yo needs a reminder after drinking or eating. we also brought a water bottle, that’s helped immensely (we’ve never done that, always used to just stop by a counter) and we order a couple of extra water cups when we eat to fill up the bottle.

Lines— In the lines, we’re a family of 5, we would often take the full space between two markers to give more distance. Also, the line marking are not all 6ft apart from the next one. Some are marked so they’re 6ft from the ones on the other side, which means the ramps may have only 1 marking or none at all. And because we’re all going through standby, its a nice time to enjoy the detail they put in the queue that normally we would miss in the fast pass line.

I was hoping it would be slightly less crowded, but can’t complain too much...

This is great info. As for eating around 2-3 p.m. - How did you manage that with kids? Would you eat a late breakfast and then snack a lot until that time, then snack again and eat a late dinner?

Switched resorts yesterday. Dedicated 1 bedroom standard view at BWV for 4 NTS. Dropped our luggage with bell services at VGF yesterday morning and it was at BWV by the time our room was ready at 3:30. Good view this time. Overlooking driveway bridge/canal area. Doing tons of laundry, dryer is slow to dry. Went to Epcot yesterday, only ones on bus from VGF. Bus driver said they have timed stops and only doing the same routes over and over. No wait for temp check or security at 11:15. Walked on spaceship earth. 17 minute wait for test track (posted at 40), 15 minute wait for Frozen ( posted at 30). Got lunch from China, Africa, and Germany booths, all yummy. Saw Elsa/Anna cavalcade. Did American adventure, shopped in Japan, kids got gelato in France. That's when we got our room ready notice. Kids had finished Remy scavenger hunt, so we picked up the ceramic flower pot prizes at World traveler on our way out the international gateway. We were at Epcot 4 1/2 hrs, but felt like we did plenty in that time. Had dinner at Trattoria Al Forno. The tables at the diagonal seem to be right at 6 feet. A little close for our comfort, but much better than Kona. Had a bunch of appetizers, pizza, desserts, all yummy.

Over the past few days, I've noticed that CMs are reminding people to keep masks on during shows--tiki birds, American adventure, carousel of progress, etc. Mask wearing still excellent. Although, I did just see a family walk by the empty walkway below our balcony...3 kids all wearing masks, Mom is holding hers. Kids are generally doing better than adults with compliance, but still seeing 95-99% compliance overall. Heard people at Epcot saying they were told they couldn't have their drinks in line, had to finish them first, so CMs are doing a good job with enforcement.

IMG_20200730_130425688.jpgIMG_20200730_130450972_HDR.jpg

The Star Wars characters appear in the roof the buildings around SWGE. We saw Ray, Storm Troopers, Vi Moradi, and Kylo.

here are a couple of pics:

Last edited:
Is there any pin trading going on?
yes but not from CM lanyards, you have to go to certain stores, they have the pin board out. At MK it's the pins tore at Frontierland, DHS the one at the entrance (camera store) Epcot at pin traders by SE and AK I think it's at the store right of the Tree of life

Leaving today after 4 days at OKW. Pack your patience with the busses. I didn’t go to any parks for rope drop but saw the amount of people at the bus stops and they did an ok job of sending busses with the social distancing inside but if you’re trying to get to DHS for Rise drive yourself or take an Uber.
Went to the parks around noon each day and you can easily do everything you want to do and have plenty of time to spare. It is more relaxing however with the absence of park hoppers there isn’t much to do and night. Avoided Disney springs because of the stories I’ve heard.
Felt DHS was by far the “busiest” but still manageable. DAK and MK unquestionably to me felt the safest. Epcot saw a lot of people walking and eating and drinking and not enough cast members to go around.
Was never huge DAK fans but absolutely fell in love with it during this time. The boat calvacades are great. You could ride anything anytime with minimal waits. Went to Nomad Lounge for the first time and it’s amazing. A seat by the water and you can see the characters go right by very cool.
Did you have any difficulty finding an outdoor table at Nomad Lounge? I am thinking of having lunch there sometime but would only want to sit outside. I'm wondering how crowded it has been. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter