Today we went to Animal Kingdom and I did not feel nearly as comfortable there. People did not seem to be aware of staying distanced and there were many kids without masks/with masks below their noses. More people walking while eating/drinking, too. I think we’re going to stick to Epcot for now.
We were at AK today too. Last time, seemed great in terms of compliance, today was more mixed. I also didn’t see too much enforcement. Two groups ahead of us was one that was a chin bracer and behind us was a nose peeker for FoP. Passed two sets of cm’s — no comments from either set. i stayed behind an extra marker to space out my family from the nose peeker. What was frustrating was the rest of both of those groups were wearing their masks properly... unfortunately, death stares dont result in mask compliance.

I was at Hollywood Studios and was in line for Slinky Dog last week and there was a guy not wearing his mask. Within a minute a cast member told the guy to please wear his mask. I was so happy. Disney is the only place I've gone to wear if someone isn't wearing a mask something is said. I did notice when I was in line at a few attractions that other guests would get too close and not stay 6 feet away. I just keep moving ahead. Overall I had a great time!

erinch said:
I have allergies and have to take antihistamines that dry My mouth out. So I am constantly sipping water. Is it a faux pas to slip a straw under a mask while in line for a ride?

I've probably been the most vocal person in this thread about people not wearing their masks properly. I would have no issue with you slipping a straw under your mask. First of all, your mask is still basically on. Secondly, you are showing consideration for other people by doing it this way, rather than taking your mask off altogether. A big part of why I personally get upset is people's utter disregard for others. Just the principle of it.

Count me as feeling the same, erinch.
We have these plastic bendable straws that are extra long (the straw itself but also the bendable part is longer). I tested this out using a mask and that bendy part will literally conform to the curves of your chin and reach up to your mouth with the mask still being virtually in place. I have set aside a number to pack for our WDW trip.
I can't recall exactly which store I purchased them from but most likely either DollarTree or Walmart. They are multiple neon colors (yellow, green, orange and pink)...
Hope that's helpful.

We were at AK today too. Last time, seemed great in terms of compliance, today was more mixed. I also didn’t see too much enforcement. Two groups ahead of us was one that was a chin bracer and behind us was a nose peeker for FoP. Passed two sets of cm’s — no comments from either set. i stayed behind an extra marker to space out my family from the nose peeker. What was frustrating was the rest of both of those groups were wearing their masks properly... unfortunately, death stares dont result in mask compliance.
Hmmm Surrounded by non-maskers. This would make me uncomfortable. Not sure I'd have the guts to speak to the CMs about what they've "missed" though. Like is there a discreet way? I know you always have the option of exiting the space when you see a person not using their mask, but in line..... I don't think it's quite fair that the one conforming with WDW policies should have to give up their place in line.

Just got back from EPCOT today, staying at Riviera. Lines were consistently shorter than posted with longest being Frozen (stated 45, took 30). Masking was excellent in my opinion. Ride social distancing was great as well. Cleaning stations and gel stations all over the place. I felt very good about the whole experience. . . But sure wish my son would stop touching everything!! 😜🤪
I pretty much felt my boys were licking the entire place when we were there last week. Just hands all over. At one point, I was like, "why must you touch everything!?!". The people all around us looked and laughed but for real, they literally had to touch it all. Thank God for hand sanitizer everywhere.

We noticed something similar at AK last week. Guy in the EE line. Mask totally off and hanging on his ear. He was drinking a beer and vaping very openly and not a single CM said a word to him. My dd17 glared at him the entire line (he was pretty far ahead of us...) and at some point he caught her eye so he evil-eyed her back for awhile. Very annoying that he got away with not only a beer but also vaping.

We noticed something similar at AK last week. Guy in the EE line. Mask totally off and hanging on his ear. He was drinking a beer and vaping very openly and not a single CM said a word to him. My dd17 glared at him the entire line (he was pretty far ahead of us...) and at some point he caught her eye so he evil-eyed her back for awhile. Very annoying that he got away with not only a beer but also vaping.

I’m glad (?) I wasn’t alone in feeling that way about AK. I wonder if enforcement is naturally stronger at Epcot due to the festival.

Anyone can speak up if someone in line is not following the rules, do not rely on cm. 9 out of 10 times people will comply, it's your own safety, you must speak up. If they still don't comply then you can search for a cm
Remember if you feel self conscience or uncomfortable about asking someone to put on their mask some cm do to, it's human nature to avoid confrontation
I have told people to keep their distance and put masks on and ive gotten evil looks and sneers but they've done it

Anyone can speak up if someone in line is not following the rules, do not rely on cm. 9 out of 10 times people will comply, it's your own safety, you must speak up. If they still don't comply then you can search for a cm
Remember if you feel self conscience or uncomfortable about asking someone to put on their mask some cm do to, it's human nature to avoid confrontation
I have told people to keep their distance and put masks on and ive gotten evil looks and sneers but they've done it
Be careful. Some people will react in a bad way. Disney needs enough cast members to keep their customers safe.

Be careful. Some people will react in a bad way. Disney needs enough cast members to keep their customers safe.
And that's the answer that my local manager at publix gave me as to why they don't enforce. But i will risk the possibility of being physically attacked for the ability to get someone to put on the mask. Again if anyone gets angry with a request to follow the rules they will get angry with me or with the cm. The cm get physically and verbally attacked everyday, we all know how some people behave but that won't stop me from speaking up

And that's the answer that my local manager at publix gave me as to why they don't enforce. But i will risk the possibility of being physically attacked for the ability to get someone to put on the mask. Again if anyone gets angry with a request to follow the rules they will get angry with me or with the cm. The cm get physically and verbally attacked everyday, we all know how some people behave but that won't stop me from speaking up

agreed. I don't think people realize how nasty people get when you ask them to wear their mask, and how abusive people are. Where I work luckily it's not my main job to police it, but I do have to speak up if I see it. I have mocked and made fun of so many times. And yes, there have been times, I "pretend" i don't see it because I don't feel like getting attacked (i'll alert manager to go deal with it).

If it's like that for me, I'm guessing at Disney or Universal, you times that by 10.

Sounds like Disney is trying but selfish guests are not!
exactly, and that is what it boils down to. I have seen so many instances of CM trying to enforce the rules and people giving them lip or just taking off their masks as soon as CM looks away only to continue walking and be told by another CM.
A CM told a lady that her child needed to wear a mask and the guest said :good luck having her keep it on: the CM said "well when you booked your trip and on the site and on MDE it says that if you come you have to comply with these rules" she shrugged
People relying 100% on Disney and its employees to keep you safe are not being proactive or realistic. I have let go of situations when I am just walking down a street but when we are in a queue, or sitting for a show I do speak up because we will be spending a considerable amount of time together, again I've gotten the evil look and the sneer and that's fine with me as long as you put your mask back on and social distance

Is the skyliner situation from Pop that bad? Only really asking for ROTR. What time should I get to the skyliner if I wanna make rope drop?

Is the skyliner situation from Pop that bad? Only really asking for ROTR. What time should I get to the skyliner if I wanna make rope drop?

Some people have good luck and some not so much. I think the consensus is the earlier the better, maybe around 8 am to be safe.

We dont tell people to put on their masks, but we tell them to step back and give us our space.

there's no bus transportation from Pop so there's no other way unless you have a vehicle, this will be worse once AoA reopens

DH is a big scary looking guy so I feel like if he said something to someone about their mask they would probably pull it back up. I on the other hand being 5'4" and petite would probably not have much of an effect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter