This is great info. As for eating around 2-3 p.m. - How did you manage that with kids? Would you eat a late breakfast and then snack a lot until that time, then snack again and eat a late dinner?
We’ve been eating a late breakfast and have not turned down early snacking for them. Of course, the last two days there’s been no aftn rain but the break has been good still

Some quick observations, I have been to MK 5 times since reopening but never to close the park. Today I decided to be there for closing.
A lot of CM and management at the HUB in the evening making sure people wear their masks while taking pics, I saw them talk to many guests including kids
Emporium and Confectionary both had a line at closing, they are open only 30 min after closing so if you need to buy something make sure to be inside before 7:30pm
Longish lines for monorail and ferry, they did have all 3 ferries running, took the boat to Poly they are using the really big, old ones that go ridiculously slow, like the trip took around 15 minutes
Mask compliance still really high even in 110 degree weather

Some quick observations, I have been to MK 5 times since reopening but never to close the park. Today I decided to be there for closing.
A lot of CM and management at the HUB in the evening making sure people wear their masks while taking pics, I saw them talk to many guests including kids
Emporium and Confectionary both had a line at closing, they are open only 30 min after closing so if you need to buy something make sure to be inside before 7:30pm
Longish lines for monorail and ferry, they did have all 3 ferries running, took the boat to Poly they are using the really big, old ones that go ridiculously slow, like the trip took around 15 minutes
Mask compliance still really high even in 110 degree weather
We had late night ADR’s at the parks every night — one night at BOG— the server forgot to put our order in so our dinner came out REALLY late and then he lost our order, yada, yada, yada....we got out super late—we were really worried about getting back to the Riviera— figured we’d have to take a couple Lyfts as there were 5 of us- and we ended up getting out of MK close to 2 hours after park close—- and we were shocked they still had a bus to take us back to the resort —- it was wild being the last non-cast members out of MK...

For those of you who stayed onsite recently, did you do any ordering in for lunch/dinner or to-go options? I'm staying at AKL Jambo House which.. there is no dining currently.. and I haven't really dined in any restaurants since March. What was showing up for delivery options to the hotel or where did you grab to-go from?

Party of six, ranging from 14 to 50. Staying at BCV.
arrived on 7/30, so finished our first full day.
Flew Southwest and had no issues where everyone mostly kept masks on. They served water and snack on our 2.5 hour flight, but many people passed and stayed masked.

7/30 Epcot. Entered before 4pm at IG and circled the park. Walked on Soarin, Spaceship Earth, and Mission Space Then waited about 25 minutes for test track. Stopped for dinner about 6:30 at Regal Eagle Smokehouse with minimal wait for mobile ordering. Hot, but felt safe with good enforcement everywhere.

7/31 Hollywood Studios. Drove to gate and 8-10 cars deep for parking at 9:18. Parked and entered by 9:40. Grabbed coffee and found a standing spot in Toy Story Land (people everywhere) and tried for ROTR BG. Failed. Most around me celebrated, so I guess I was just too slow (less than 10 secs). Tried again at 2pm, faster, and got backup group 56. Our group was called at about 5:15pm, so we were lucky that they ran pretty smoothly today. During the day, we had a TS lunch at Primetime, visited Oga’s in the afternoon (worth the ressie!) and enjoyed ALL the available attractions except the Lightning McQueen show, Swirling Saucers, and Dance Party and sat down for a quick dinner before closing. I consider that a very successful day. I never felt unsafe today personally, but did see several adults walking around without masks (not too near) and it surprised me. Crowds (even lighter ones) make it so much harder to enforce even though Disney is doing great.

Here till 8/7. Hope the rest of our trip goes smoothly.

We had late night ADR’s at the parks every night — one night at BOG— the server forgot to put our order in so our dinner came out REALLY late and then he lost our order, yada, yada, yada....we got out super late—we were really worried about getting back to the Riviera— figured we’d have to take a couple Lyfts as there were 5 of us- and we ended up getting out of MK close to 2 hours after park close—- and we were shocked they still had a bus to take us back to the resort —- it was wild being the last non-cast members out of MK...
That's good info. I was thinking about a BOG ressie right before park closing, but was worried about how the transportation would work out.

I have allergies and have to take antihistamines that dry My mouth out. So I am constantly sipping water. Is it a faux pas to slip a straw under a mask while in line for a ride?

That's good info. I was thinking about a BOG ressie right before park closing, but was worried about how the transportation would work out.
Everything I saw posted stated transportation would run for 90 minutes after park closing

Just got back from a 5 night stay. Couple things I noticed were crowds were heavier than we expected especially Thursday at Hollywood Studios, with wait times reaching 80 minutes for Tower of Terror, which was mainly due to half the ride breaking. Most lines still moved quick though but very few walk ons.

We had dinner at Whispering Canyon and had to take the boat from Fort Wilderness to Wilderness Lodge for 7:40 PM reservation. Boat stopped at 8:30 and so did the bus so we had to take an Uber.

Other than that the trip was good and the rest of the parks were not nearly as crowded as Hollywood Studios.

I have allergies and have to take antihistamines that dry My mouth out. So I am constantly sipping water. Is it a faux pas to slip a straw under a mask while in line for a ride?

I think this would be a good option as your mouth and nose are still covered. Certainly better than lifting your mask regularly to take a drink.

For those of you who stayed onsite recently, did you do any ordering in for lunch/dinner or to-go options? I'm staying at AKL Jambo House which.. there is no dining currently.. and I haven't really dined in any restaurants since March. What was showing up for delivery options to the hotel or where did you grab to-go from?
I'm interested in this too. I'm excited about my October trip, but not sure I'm ready to eat inside.

We were at Kidani and overheard several people at the Maji Pool Bar mention they were at Jambo. They have quick service food, and Sanaa was also open for breakfast, lunch and dinner (and you could order to go from their bar). The shuttle was running between Kidani and Jambo, if you don't want to drive or use the walking path.

You should be fine. Your mask isn't coming off. I too take a lot of allergy medicine. However, I have found that my mouth and throat don't feel as dry when wearing a mask. I suspect it's because you are breathing in moist air, especially in Orlando. I am not saying that you won't get yelled at for this, but I never did. I have a mask that goes behind my head, which makes this easier. I would unscrew/uncap my water bottle, pull down my mask part way, pour water into my mouth, pull up my mask even before swallowing, and then put the cap/lid back on my water. It was such a quick process that I don't think anyone would have had time to say anything. I would do this while walking, in outdoor queues, and occasionally in an indoor queue if we had been stuck a while (I'm looking at you BTMRR and ROTR). It was so quick, I didn't even have time to breath out. If someone had said something to me, I would have immediately pulled it back up and apologized. However, the mask was literally down for a few seconds. If you are quick about it, I don't think it's a problem. It's the people that are lingering and keeping their masks down for significant periods that are really the issue. We also would do it with a straw sometimes, especially for margaritas from La Cava. With the straw, we never pulled the mask down.

Usually, we go to the bus stop, at whichever resort we’re staying at, one hour before park opening. What time do y’all recommend we go down to the resort bus stop (heading to MK) now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!