Thanks for your honest report. I hope you just have a cough and all is well.
I wondered exactly what you meant by the CM's being pushy if you had trouble with your order app?
Did you have to go inside and order, or???
Just wondering because we don't have a smart phone and would have to confront the CM's when trying to order inside?
thanks.

We had to go inside to order food when someone in our party was allergic to meat and meat by products. Ordering inside isn’t fun. There was one register open at Cosmic Rays, with one side of the register opened. The queue wasn’t long. We were 5th in line. But we waited about 30 minutes in line to order. And this was at 3pm. There were plenty of tables available at that time though.

Aloha,

DHS was a train wreck for my family on Wednesday (25 Nov) despite our best attempt and effort.
Departed CR via Uber at 8 AM for Boardwalk Bakery. Started hiking towards DHS and arrived at 8:30 AM. There were SIX health screening sites. Two to the far right and four to the far left. We were first line at number six to the far left. Health Screening, Security and the park all opened at 9:15 AM. Official park opening was 10 AM. Went straight to MMRR and walked on as the second family in line. Really enjoyed the ride. Walked past TSM which as a walk on and got in line for SDD at 9:40. Line for SDD was 30'.
IT son had previously snagged a ROTR BG 10 which window closed at 10:40. We were afraid of missing our window so we walked on ROTR. Got in line at SR which lasted 35'. By 11:30 AM all of the remaining waiting times were north of 50'. We surrendered and went to lunch at DS (House of Blues) and back to CR for rest. Returned to DHS at 5 PM with a park closing of 8 PM. Watched Walt Disney's bio movie, TSM twice, SR and closed out with TOT. TSM was about 10' wait each, SR 30' and TOT about 20'.
IMHO, DHS is too much concrete and not enough shade or water. Hotter than AK. Due to C19, too few rides to soak up the crowds. We were blessed to enjoy ROTR. Don't know what we could have done differently to improve our touring plan. Just not enough rides to soak up the crowd resulting in long waits for everyone by 10:30 AM.
Good luck!

It sounds like in spite of the current state of the world, many are still choosing to visit Disney. I respect that for those who make that choice.

But, if people are not comfortable with crowds I would recommend reconsidering trips between now and early January. Thanksgiving (and anticipating December/Christmas) crowds will be/feel substantial given the necessity to socially distance people.

I guess I’m just surprised by the number of people reporting here they’re surprised at how many people are at WDW considering it’s Thanksgiving week. I was totally expecting crowds to be the highest they‘ve been since they closed in March.

Final day!

Afternoon yesterday at Epcot! Was crowded for sure, was also hot. We had 3 goals for the day, Olaf scavenger hunt, see a princess cavalcade, and ride Soarin.

We arrived around 2ish did Nemo, and then headed to world showcase, we did the Olaf scavenger hunt starting at Canada, and working our way around to Mexico. It worked out pretty perfect timing wise as we ended it Mexico around 345, we had a 350 dinner. Everyone was really hot, and the crowds around world showcase felt busy, it was the first day of the holiday festival, and you could tell.

Lots more live entertainment going on this day compared to our other day in Epcot which was really nice to see.

We waited for dinner and rode Gran Fiesta as dinner was running behind. Shopped a bit and it felt nice to be in the AC. Dinner was good, then we split up, DD6 and DH went to do Soarin and DD2 and I did Gran Fiesta 4 times! The let us go in the exit for the last ride. We then met up and did my rider swap for Soarin.

We grabbed ice cream and headed to the car.

Today felt the most crowded of our trip, but still not horrible. All 4 parks were sold out today, but since most people seemed to be snacking in Epcot it felt crowded, but we still enjoyed it.

We did not see a Princess Cavalcade, not sure if they didn’t do it because of crowds or if we just got unlucky.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
I did daily recaps but wanted to do a quick over view.

-Crowds were there and what I expected, but lines mostly moved quick, a few walk ways are issues, but you move on and don’t linger there and its not to bad
-Mask compliance was good, not perfect but good, I had a few times were I thought people were taking advantage keeping it below their nose etc, but over all minimal issues
-Masks only had slight issues getting the 2 year old to keep it on all the time, but overall we all said it wasn’t to bad. We had a mix of disposables and reusables. The disposables are a bit better in the heat, you can toss them when they get gross and seem a bit less suffocating.
-I only felt uncomfortable 1 time with physical distancing and I said something, they weren't happy with me, but they were a large group, 8 or 10 and we were 2 and they legit were on my line with me. They moved after that.
-Good amount of hand sanitizer around (on ride lines, in shops, and end of ride lines), a few were empty, but overall were available and we used them often, even thought I had my own as well.
-The magic is there it’s just different. A few CMs letting us stay on rides or cutting thought the exit, it was amazing
-Yes things are closed, and lots of CMs lost their jobs, but overall their are a ton of CMs and most seem really happy to be there and are doing a lot to make the magic happen.
-A good amount of live music in Epcot on Friday after thanksgiving which was really nice to see.
- I felt good about going and was happy I made this call, lots of people in my life think I am insane, and that’s ok, but my family feels so emotional happy from this trip, and for me my kids needed something positive and a change for a few days.

If you're worried about crowds, or physically distancing, I might say go in Jan or Feb as someone noted above, the sold out days are busy. If your really worried I would wait till you feel more comfortable. I think the next 2 weeks will be a bit slower, then it will pick up again.

I am sad to leave for many reasons but so happy we came.

Stay safe everyone and have a great holiday season!

Last edited:

Hello! We check in to Poly today!!!! Our first park day is MK tomorrow and it will definitely be our most crowded day. What is the best plan to get into the park as early as possible? Would we be able to get in earlier if we Uber to Contemporary and walk or should we just plan on using the monorail at TTC?

I did daily recaps but wanted to do a quick over view.

-Crowds were there and what I expected, but lines mostly moved quick, a few walk ways are issues, but you move on and don’t linger there and it not to bad
-Mask compliance was good, not perfect but good, I had a few times were I thought people were taking advantage keeping it below their nose etc, but over all minimal issues
-Masks only had slight issues getting the 2 year old to keep it on all the time, but overall we all said it wasn’t to bad. We had a mix of disposables and reusables. The disposables are a bit better in the heat, you can toss them when they get gross and seem a bit less suffocating.
-I only felt uncomfortable 1 time with physical distancing and I said something, they weren't happy with me, but they were a large group, 8 or 10 and we were 2 and they legit were on my line with me. They moved after that.
-Good amount of hand sanitizer around (on ride lines, in shops, and end of ride lines), a few were empty, but overall were available and we used them often, even thought I had my own as well.
-The magic is there it’s just different. A few CMs letting us stay on rides or curing thought the exit, it was amazing
-Yes things are closed, and lots of CMs lost their jobs, but overall their are a ton of CMs and most seem really happy to be there and are doing a lot to make the magic happen.
-A good amount of live music in Epcot on Friday after thanksgiving which was really nice to see.
- I felt good about going and was happy I made this call, lots of people in my life think I am insane, and that’s ok, but my family feels so emotional happy from this trip, and for me my kids needed something positive and a change for a few days.

If you're worried about crowds, or physically distancing, I might say go in Jan or Feb as someone noted above, the sold out days are busy. If your really worried I would wait till you feel more comfortable. I think the next 2 weeks will be a bit slower, then it will pick up again.

I am sad to leave for many reasons but so happy we came.

Stay safe everyone and have a great holiday season!
I’m happy to read that about your kids feeling emotionally happy from your trip. We are heading down mid January for 2 weeks off property (first time, usually stay on property.) My kids really need this break and I think a change of scenery will be good for them even though they will still have virtual school. My daughter has requested 10 day park tickets and I’m buying them for her. I’m going to let her get her fill. ❤️
Thanks for the reports!

Was there last week.

It was different but I had a blast.

Finally brought our 100 years Magic Light Up pins that came out in 2001 that we got on Ebay. They still worked in Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean and It's a Small World. Didn't work on anything in Epcot (took it on Spaceship Earth).
I was very interested in your thoughts on the 100 years of magic lighted pins! We have a set of 4 that we will bring to the parks in January 2021. Did you bring yours to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios? Anything else you can tell me about your experience with the pins in the parks? We really know very little about them... cause we got ours on Ebay as well. We got new batteries for them so we're ready!! Thanks

It sounds like in spite of the current state of the world, many are still choosing to visit Disney. I respect that for those who make that choice.

But, if people are not comfortable with crowds I would recommend reconsidering trips between now and early January. Thanksgiving (and anticipating December/Christmas) crowds will be/feel substantial given the necessity to socially distance people.

I guess I’m just surprised by the number of people reporting here they’re surprised at how many people are at WDW considering it’s Thanksgiving week. I was totally expecting crowds to be the highest they‘ve been since they closed in March.
We just got back and while I expected crowds we were a bit appalled by the amount of people Disney deems acceptable right now. It was literally impossible to physically distance from people. We ended up bailing on the parks a few times because of the inability to stay distant or choose alternate routes to help you stay distant. It's honestly frightening that these are the crowds Disney wants to achieve. It's not safe. Everyone has a different threshold, of course, but it wasn't simply that it was crowded this week. They didn't have enough CMs for crowd control and they had so many people packed in that it felt like pre-pandemic times in many ways.

I’m happy to read that about your kids feeling emotionally happy from your trip. We are heading down mid January for 2 weeks off property (first time, usually stay on property.) My kids really need this break and I think a change of scenery will be good for them even though they will still have virtual school. My daughter has requested 10 day park tickets and I’m buying them for her. I’m going to let her get her fill. ❤️
Thanks for the reports!

We were offsite too, and usually stay onsite, but it was so nice with reduced hours to be able to put the kids to bed and have some wine, or sit by the pool. MK is a a bit annoying to drive to but all others were easy, and even with late arrivals never had to park far!

I hope you have a fabulous trip and you all get a much needed break! It was so worth it for us. We all feel so refreshed, except for my feet!

Sorry I wanted to add one thing to my update above, mobile order was fabulous, I loved it on my last few trips but it was even better this time! Make sure to take advantage!

And of course any specific questions just ask!

Hello! We check in to Poly today!!!! Our first park day is MK tomorrow and it will definitely be our most crowded day. What is the best plan to get into the park as early as possible? Would we be able to get in earlier if we Uber to Contemporary and walk or should we just plan on using the monorail at TTC?
I think you can walk from poly via new walk way at the Grand.

We just got back and while I expected crowds we were a bit appalled by the amount of people Disney deems acceptable right now. It was literally impossible to physically distance from people. We ended up bailing on the parks a few times because of the inability to stay distant or choose alternate routes to help you stay distant. It's honestly frightening that these are the crowds Disney wants to achieve. It's not safe. Everyone has a different threshold, of course, but it wasn't simply that it was crowded this week. They didn't have enough CMs for crowd control and they had so many people packed in that it felt like pre-pandemic times in many ways.

Thank you for sharing. This is very disturbing. We are scheduled to be there the week after Christmas. Right now, no park is sold out and it is during a blockout period for AP's. But I am nervous. There is no way to predict what the crowds will be like.

To those saying, "It's the holidays, it's going to be busy, don't go if you are uncomfortable." Yes, It's the holidays, I am planning to go assuming that it will be busy. But I think most of us are hoping for some sort of control over the crowds. After all, isn't that the point of things they are putting in place like capacity limits and blockout dates? Is it wrong to hope that I won’t be shoulder to shoulder with people while there?

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing. This is very disturbing. We are scheduled to be there the week after Christmas. Right now, no park is sold out and it is during a blockout period for AP's. But I am nervous. There is no way to predict what the crowds will be like.

To those saying, "It's the holidays, it's going to be busy, don't go if you are uncomfortable." Yes, It's the holidays, I am planning to go assuming that it will be busy. But I think most of us are hoping for some sort of control over the crowds. After all, isn't that the point of things they are putting in place like capacity limits and blockout dates? Is it wrong to hope that I won’t be shoulder to shoulder with people while there?

I just got back as well, and we felt distancing was possible in most spots. Honestly it’s hard, but there are spaces to go and be completely alone. We had a lot of success finding spots in world showcase and even Hollywood studios, however walking it can be hard, it’s the flow of crowds, sometimes I’m alone other times tons of people. I don’t really think that’s Disney’s fault. I felt there was a good amount of crowd control, and reminding people, but it’s hard. People tend to all want to go the same ride, same food, etc. those things are harder to distance on, and some people don’t care.

But that’s the way to get there the earliest, not necessarily the most relaxing haha
From Poly another possibly quicker option with more relaxing ;) might be to walk to TTC and take a bus to MK. I've heard the bus from TTC is currently the fastest route to MK.

Just another option...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter