Here now. Park is crowded

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
For the past several Sundays, park attendance has been relatively light. It looks as though the good times may be over. Park is pretty busy today. Hopefully it’s lighter next Sunday.

Didn’t take a ton of pics. I was among the first in the park but several packs of kids ran ahead so I didn’t get my usual empty-Main-Street pic. :-(. Did well on Buzz, though. Here are a few pics. I’ll leave the park after one more ride on Buzz in approx 25 minutes. Happy Sunday, everyone!

C012EF80-99BC-44E8-AE2A-012D8C994F80.jpeg

9F054D54-75DC-49CB-9721-8A34D724072F.jpeg

I thought today seemed the lowest crowd of the weekend. It's interesting how everything fluctuates so much

I am always amazed when I go in October-peeps love them some Halloween at Disneyland. October weekends seem much busier than summer weekend to me. Guess I will find out next week, though I only have half a day on the 27th. I imagine the 26th will be crazy after lunchtime.

I've usually come to DL in late July/early Aug and the crowds were much worse on this trip.

We have found the last few years that October is horrible. The weekends are far worse than during the summer or other times of the year. Have not made it to Halloween Time yet, so going to have to brave next weekend I guess.

We have found the last few years that October is horrible. The weekends are far worse than during the summer or other times of the year. Have not made it to Halloween Time yet, so going to have to brave next weekend I guess.

What's odd is that the past three weeks or so have actually been relatively light. It's been a joy. Now: yesterday the park wasn't slammed, per se, but it was notably busier.

For the past several Sundays, park attendance has been relatively light. It looks as though the good times may be over. Park is pretty busy today. Hopefully it’s lighter next Sunday.

Didn’t take a ton of pics. I was among the first in the park but several packs of kids ran ahead so I didn’t get my usual empty-Main-Street pic. :-(. Did well on Buzz, though. Here are a few pics. I’ll leave the park after one more ride on Buzz in approx 25 minutes. Happy Sunday, everyone!

View attachment 358433

View attachment 358434

We're going to DL in January. I would love to be able to beat my family on Buzz. Any tips or suggestions for doing well?

We're going to DL in January. I would love to be able to beat my family on Buzz. Any tips or suggestions for doing well?
One or two ;-).

· Only ever shoot diamonds (5,000 points) and triangles (10,000 points – 50,000 when lit). As I explained to two girls in line behind me recently, shooting one triangle is the scoring equivalent to shooting 100 circles. Don’t waste time on circles.

· Shoot targets multiple times, not just once. I often leave the first room with 250,000 – 300,000 points.

· If you’re having trouble hitting targets, take a moment to shoot at a blank wall to determine if your gun is shooting high, low or to one side. Often times that’s the key. Not all guns are created equal ;-).

· Make a note of where the triangle targets are and go for them as much as possible. For example, in the second to last room (where the second Zurg is), there’s one behind you as you near the exit. You have to shoot the circle to make it pop up. That alone -- hitting it ten times -- will earn players at least 100,000 points.

· This won’t be an issue for most players, but be aware that if you exceed approximately 2,096,000, your score will reset and you’ll lose everything. This happens to me regularly and it’s very frustrating. The challenge with this is that once you exceed 1M points, the cruiser display will read 999999. You’ll need to keep track (or try to) in your head. This has been an issue for the past 18 months or so. I’ve raised it with Disney a few times but I think it unlikely that they’ll ever fix it. I believe this was an intentional change so that lesser-scoring players wouldn’t get discouraged by players that score 2M+.

· On a related note, scores above 1M will only display at the photo kiosks at the ride exit. Lately there’ve been problems with scores flowing through with pictures. I’ve also raised this issue with Disney and it seems to be improving.

One or two ;-).

· Only ever shoot diamonds (5,000 points) and triangles (10,000 points – 50,000 when lit). As I explained to two girls in line behind me recently, shooting one triangle is the scoring equivalent to shooting 100 circles. Don’t waste time on circles.

· Shoot targets multiple times, not just once. I often leave the first room with 250,000 – 300,000 points.

· If you’re having trouble hitting targets, take a moment to shoot at a blank wall to determine if your gun is shooting high, low or to one side. Often times that’s the key. Not all guns are created equal ;-).

· Make a note of where the triangle targets are and go for them as much as possible. For example, in the second to last room (where the second Zurg is), there’s one behind you as you near the exit. You have to shoot the circle to make it pop up. That alone -- hitting it ten times -- will earn players at least 100,000 points.

· This won’t be an issue for most players, but be aware that if you exceed approximately 2,096,000, your score will reset and you’ll lose everything. This happens to me regularly and it’s very frustrating. The challenge with this is that once you exceed 1M points, the cruiser display will read 999999. You’ll need to keep track (or try to) in your head. This has been an issue for the past 18 months or so. I’ve raised it with Disney a few times but I think it unlikely that they’ll ever fix it. I believe this was an intentional change so that lesser-scoring players wouldn’t get discouraged by players that score 2M+.

· On a related note, scores above 1M will only display at the photo kiosks at the ride exit. Lately there’ve been problems with scores flowing through with pictures. I’ve also raised this issue with Disney and it seems to be improving.

Thank you! Somehow I doubt I will have a problem with my score being too high. I'll let you know if I'm able to impress my family with my shooting abilities :-)

You're welcome, @edhmom. Hope my tips help.

I'm almost always at DL on Sundays. In early January I'm usually still home in Chicago for the holidays. But if you plan to be there on a Sunday later than about Jan 10 or so, I should be there. Please feel free to come say hello. I'm always right at the rope to the right of the hub at rope drop. Thereafter, I'm usually found at Buzz between 8:30 and 9:15 or so and then sporadically throughout the day. Certainly you should be able to see my name on the scoreboard :-). If all else fails, you can always message me via the board :-).

Last edited:
We’re here now too, arrives on Saturday. It was packed at Disneyland Saturday and several things were closed for ‘inclement weather.’ It was barely even drizzling but maybe that was holdover from the night before.

With max pass we still got almost everything done that day even though we arrived at noon. Pixar Play was cancelled but they showed Halloween Screams fireworks instead of the regular ones.

What we’ve found is that we can accomplish a ton between park open and 11 o’clock. Max pass has been a huge help too. It’s super crowded in the evenings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter