HERE NOW ~ SOME OBSERVATIONS

vadersprincess12

Mouseketeer
Nearing the end of our 6 day stay at the Wilderness Lodge, it's just DH and me. WL is a beautiful resort; we requested a high floor with a view of MK and got our requests. It was great watching fireworks from our balcony. The pools were great and we loved using the boat transportation to MK. The toiletries at the deluxe resorts are a really nice upgrade compared to the other resorts. Having said all of that, we realize that Port Orleans Riverside is still our favorite!

The parks are very busy but we were able to book Fastpasses for all of the rides we wanted and we waited in a few of the stand-by lines that weren't too long with the exception of about 75 minutes for Toy Story Mania since they were not issuing FP.

Star Wars: A Gallactic Spectacular was terrific. Can't wait for Star Wars Land to open; that will probably be our next trip.

Buses were great ~ we never waited more than 15 minutes, even after close at HS one night. Usually we only waited 5 minutes.

Made same-day reservations at Hollywood and Vine for lunch one day ~ Aleta was our server and she was great. The food was good and there was a nice selection. Also had breakfast (reservation) at Crystal Palace one morning and Jay was our server; he was great as well, really made our morning enjoyable. We also got a same-day reservation at Via Napoli for dinner one night and the food was fabulous. Fabrizio and Luke made our meal really enjoyable. And as always, Casey's was terrific for lunch one day.

Way too many scooters this trip! It's odd seeing one partner riding, and then the other riding about an hour later. I know this has been a topic of contention for a long time so I'll leave it there.

If I ever hear the word "sorry" again, I think I'll scream. Way too much of it from parents who have no control over their children. I get that it's Disney but that's no excuse for not teaching children basic respectable behavior; the same with people who have their faces stuck in their phones.

Our FP for Pandora is tomorrow so I'll come back with our review.

Overall, it's been another great trip. Looking forward to an upcoming Disney Cruise.

Ok, I will pipe in here. Nov 2017, my 67 yr old sister and I (62), visited WDW. She got a scooter as she has arthritis in her spine and hips. I have rheumatoid arthritis, which affects all joints but mine is the worst in my feet. I like to keep active and I walked miles every day but once in a while, I would need to sit for 10-15 minutes to rest those feet. Especially while standing still in lines. My sister likes to wal a bit but she could never walk a whole day. So, their situation might have been something similar. Things aren’t always what they look like.

To be fair, Disney has made it virtually impossible to enjoy the parks without having your "face stuck in your phone".

To be fair, Disney has made it virtually impossible to enjoy the parks without having your "face stuck in your phone".

I agree with this and its so frustrating. I feel like we are constantly dragging our phones out as soon as we get the last FPs tapped in, so we can snag another and not stand in the unbearable standby lines, or get FOP or 7DMT. Or an ADR is have been hunting for months for that availability pops up 24 hours before. I hate it, i want to be in the moment and paying attention to the queue but i always find myself trying to continue to plan the rest of the day. Its frustrating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter