Here this week...some quick thoughts and observations

Is the Blue Bantha you get at Oga’s Cantina the same as the Blue Milk at the stand? It said it was frozen blue milk so wasn’t sure but we loved that! We didn’t try the regular from the stand though.

Is the Blue Bantha you get at Oga’s Cantina the same as the Blue Milk at the stand? It said it was frozen blue milk so wasn’t sure but we loved that! We didn’t try the regular from the stand though.
Sort of. They taste the same, but the one from the stand is a frozen slushee consistency. The one at the bar is not frozen, so it's like cold milk, but comes with a cookie thing on top.

I like both versions of the blue milk. Not a huge fan of the green milk.

Sort of. They taste the same, but the one from the stand is a frozen slushee consistency. The one at the bar is not frozen, so it's like cold milk, but comes with a cookie thing on top.

I like both versions of the blue milk. Not a huge fan of the green milk.
My daughter loves the frozen, slushy blue milk from the stand, but she was not at all a fan of the one inside Oga’s. She sure did like that cookie, though. I think they’re both fine but not amazing.

We’ve never tried the green milk at all; I heard it’s “floral,” which is a huge thumbs-down from me.

We are planning the Jazz kitchen express when we are there, hoping its decent and of course cheaper. Hoping to do Café Orleans though. I considered Black Tap but honestly nothing looked that appealing to me on the menu. I was really hoping that Soarin over California would be there but I think it's ending by the time we arrive. I think we'll skip the blue and green milk.
Express is *very* basics. I think you can get chicken strips. Don’t really remember many choices of entrees.

Moving on, we probably should’ve described the taste of these drinks before jumping into the review and comparison. The problem is that articulating the flavors of Green and Blue Milk is a fool’s errand. Officially, Blue Milk is flavored with dragon fruit, pineapple, lime, and watermelon. Green Milk is a citrus drink featuring mandarin orange, passion fruit, grapefruit, and orange blossom. You’d be hard-pressed to discern the exact fruits by tasting the drinks, though.

Above is a quote from Tom Bicker in his review of both milks and a comparison with Unis Butterbeer. Interestingly, Universal has also now raised the price of Butterbeer to 7.99 a cup. :faint: What’s going to be the price ceiling on these drinks!

I've almost always had great food at RBJK. I usually order the steak medallions with crayfish mashed potatoes. Yummy! But once I ordered a bowl of French onion soup and it was awful. There was no cheese or bread on it and it was like something out of a can. But other than that, I've always had great meals, though as I said I almost always order the same thing. I was very disappointed the last time I was there (Dec 2018) that the double chocolate bread pudding dessert had gone from the amazing souffle with 2 pitchers of white and dark chocolate to pour into the middle to a square of regular bread pudding with just some chocolate drizzle on top. I'm hoping that was temporary because that was my favorite! I've been choosing JK over BB since about the time the started doing the dining packages. It really went downhill after that. But if you're looking for other options, Carthay has always been great for us and of course there's always Napa Rose. I like to go in the lounge and order off the pub menu or just get dessert. Great atmosphere and food, but the main restaurant, while fabulous for meals, is more money than I usually want to spend since I'm not a huge foodie.

Moving on, we probably should’ve described the taste of these drinks before jumping into the review and comparison. The problem is that articulating the flavors of Green and Blue Milk is a fool’s errand. Officially, Blue Milk is flavored with dragon fruit, pineapple, lime, and watermelon. Green Milk is a citrus drink featuring mandarin orange, passion fruit, grapefruit, and orange blossom. You’d be hard-pressed to discern the exact fruits by tasting the drinks, though.

Above is a quote from Tom Bicker in his review of both milks and a comparison with Unis Butterbeer. Interestingly, Universal has also now raised the price of Butterbeer to 7.99 a cup. :faint: What’s going to be the price ceiling on these drinks!

Ooh, I was close! So, I tried the green milk today and to be quite honest, I liked it more than the blue milk! I immediately tasted passion fruit, grapefruit, and orange. I would have never guessed "orange blossom" but I did get that floral hint. It was very subtle. I had more sips of this one than the blue. The blue, to me, tasted too bland and felt like I was drinking milk of magnesia or something. My son liked the green and said next time he wants to mix them. Oh boy...

I did have a conversation with a Guest Relations CM in the land while getting a DAS for Smugglers Run and we were talking about the milks and she said most people prefer the blue.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience at Jazz Kitchen. We have been eating there for years and love the place. We especially love Jazz Kitchen Express which is just next door. Its cheaper, quicker and also great. But no place is perfect so I guess they just had a off day when you were there.

Last edited:
2. SW:GE
Seriously, this land is incredible and MUCH bigger that I had thought. I think the layout and buildings are superior to Harry Potter and we LOVE Harry Potter (in FLorida, not so much in LA) I agree it is a huge disappointment not having Rise of the Resistance open yet, but the land itself is jaw-dropping. We went both day and night and while it is great at any time, you simply must visit it at night. One thing that was sucko was that we were 75% through the line of Smuggler's Run and it broke down. We will try later in the week, breakdowns happen on every ride (see train above). I tell you one thing that is 100% accurate that everyone complains about...the Blue Milk (and Green). That stuff is HORRID and a rip-off on top of that. I just had to try it and would not let anyone persuade me not to.

I'd have to agree here on SWGE....I did read some reviews about what a let down it was. I grew up in the era of the first three SW movies but don't consider myself a fan by any stretch. I never watched nor followed any of the other SW movies after "Episode 1" back in the late 90's. But I AM a fan of Disneyland and the Disney attention to detail, scale, and creating atmosphere and experience and I have to say, they went all out here. Down to the fire hydrants and fire alarm strobes on the walls inside buildings, they did not leave any minor detail "un-themed". The overhead cloth canopies look genuinely weathered and worn (similar to the sails on the pirate ship of Pirates of the Caribbean). If you're a hardcore SW fan you may be instead, looking for and scrutinizing authenticities to characters, location, tech, and so forth. I particularly appreciate how there's no signage leading to SWGE, whether coming from Critter Country of Frontierland. The only indications are light posts change in design and you begin to hear ominous background music/sounds.

I tried the blue milk and while I won't say it's gross or terrible, I will put it in the "once is enough" file. I definitely taste the citrus but had they called it "citrus smoothie" perhaps I wouldn't have been as confused. Calling it "milk" though, made my taste buds searching for dairy. I couldn't detect much dairy.

As far as the milk, I was the only one who really liked the blue. I would like to try the green milk, but when I hear it is a citrus-type flavor, I am fearful that it will be a nasty lime flavor. If it was more like orange, I think I would enjoy it. Who can better describe the green milk for me? Do they give samples?
We all agreed that the green milk tasted like you just took a bite out of the Christmas tree. (thought the blue milk tasted like mushed up gummy worms)

I tried the blue milk and while I won't say it's gross or terrible, I will put it in the "once is enough" file. I definitely taste the citrus but had they called it "citrus smoothie" perhaps I wouldn't have been as confused. Calling it "milk" though, made my taste buds searching for dairy. I couldn't detect much dairy.

Actually, both the green and blue milks are a "plant-based dairy blend of coconut and rice milk" with coloring and flavoring added.

In other words, they're non-dairy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!